Scoffers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 12:08 AM
RE: Scoffers
(11-11-2014 12:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Take your preaching elsewhere. We aren't going to be swayed no matter how often you repeat yourselves.

You aren't the first to try but you are the among the most boring.
Is this not a forum for open discussion? Or am I only allowed to talk shit on religion? Nothing I have said is out of hatred but what I have received is that, only.

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2014, 12:10 AM
(11-11-2014 12:08 AM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 12:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Take your preaching elsewhere. We aren't going to be swayed no matter how often you repeat yourselves.

Is this not a forum for open discussion? Or am I only allowed to talk shit on religion? Nothing I have said is out of hatred but what I have received is that, only.

This is not a forum for preaching.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Ninetesticles...stop with the pm's!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-11-2014, 12:11 AM
Sounds like a TTT move. He loves him some PMs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-11-2014, 12:11 AM

Poor baby.

You are not welcome. You are free to discuss whatever you like, but preaching is not something any of us enjoy so you will get... more robust responses than you're probably used to. Don't like it? Tough.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-11-2014, 12:13 AM
(11-11-2014 12:01 AM)Nintentacle Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 11:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You missed the point, and I misspoke. By "present day scoffers" I meant those who were present in the author's day. There's no way they could imagine their jeebus not coming back for so long, with so much happening in the world without even one little whisper from god as to whether or not the prophecy is real. They would have scoffed at the thought.

It also seems very convenient that when making their extraordinary claims, the first thing they do is make sure to condemn anyone who would deny them. Then go one step further to make the claim that it would point at the end times if others should scoff at said claims. This puts fear into the hearts of anyone who might think it's bullshit, but don't have the testicular fortitude to think for themselves.

"The naysayers shall prove my bullshit!"

So like I said, the end times have been happening ever since these claims were written down. Every event in the world can be interpreted as another sign of prophecy. It's too fucking easy.

Except for the fact that they don't, and never have. Every thousand years that passes with less and less evidence for and more and more evidence against your bullshit is solid evidence of that fact.

There may be more people in the western world that reject the bible than ever before, but I'd be willing to bet that the number of people in the entire world that think the bible is bullshit has remained rather consistent since the first document of faith was first written. Think about that.
The author clearly says "In the last days", not "As I am writing this."

The reason naysayers specifically prove the prophecy in 2 Peter 3, is because the prophecy was about them. It's similar to this:

Guy: "God told me my pastor would make an error, someone would point it out, and he would deny it and curse the person who pointed it out and say they are wrong. Then I would tell him God himself said he was wrong, and he would deny it."

Pastor: "Genesis 1:2 says "Let there be light"

Other guy: "Actually it says "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

Pastor: "Wrong! I'm a pastor, I clearly know better than you! Do your own research and respect me."

Other guy: "You can look at the verse yourself"

Pastor: "I don't have to! May God curse you!"

1st guy: "Pastor, God revealed to me before I went to church that you would make an error and this would happen. God told me you would deny that you made an error."

Pastor: "No no no no no!!!! Wrong!"

Was the prophecy fulfilled?

Um, yeah. Not even gonna say good try, that was just stupid.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
11-11-2014, 12:14 AM
(11-11-2014 12:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 12:08 AM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  Is this not a forum for open discussion? Or am I only allowed to talk shit on religion? Nothing I have said is out of hatred but what I have received is that, only.

Poor baby.

You are not welcome. You are free to discuss whatever you like, but preaching is not something any of us enjoy so you will get... more robust responses than you're probably used to. Don't like it? Tough.

So basically talking good or backing up religion is preaching? Robust responses? How about non intelligent slander upon a religion without even debating the points I'm trying to make? Your ignorance is too high for me. I'll make sure to ignore everything you say like you have done to me.

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
11-11-2014, 12:15 AM

You've already been treated better here than any atheist would be on a xtian foum.
Quit whining. ..I see I have a new pm from you.
Do I need to block you?
11-11-2014, 12:15 AM
(11-11-2014 12:13 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 12:01 AM)Nintentacle Wrote:  The author clearly says "In the last days", not "As I am writing this."

The reason naysayers specifically prove the prophecy in 2 Peter 3, is because the prophecy was about them. It's similar to this:

Guy: "God told me my pastor would make an error, someone would point it out, and he would deny it and curse the person who pointed it out and say they are wrong. Then I would tell him God himself said he was wrong, and he would deny it."

Other guy: "Actually it says "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

Pastor: "Wrong! I'm a pastor, I clearly know better than you! Do your own research and respect me."

1st guy: "Pastor, God revealed to me before I went to church that you would make an error and this would happen. God told me you would deny that you made an error."

Um, yeah. Not even gonna say good try, that was just stupid.
So, if someone predicts a group of people will do something, and they do it, their prediction wasn't right? Laugh out load
11-11-2014, 12:16 AM
(11-11-2014 12:01 AM)Nintentacle Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 11:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You missed the point, and I misspoke. By "present day scoffers" I meant those who were present in the author's day. There's no way they could imagine their jeebus not coming back for so long, with so much happening in the world without even one little whisper from god as to whether or not the prophecy is real. They would have scoffed at the thought.

It also seems very convenient that when making their extraordinary claims, the first thing they do is make sure to condemn anyone who would deny them. Then go one step further to make the claim that it would point at the end times if others should scoff at said claims. This puts fear into the hearts of anyone who might think it's bullshit, but don't have the testicular fortitude to think for themselves.

"The naysayers shall prove my bullshit!"

So like I said, the end times have been happening ever since these claims were written down. Every event in the world can be interpreted as another sign of prophecy. It's too fucking easy.

Except for the fact that they don't, and never have. Every thousand years that passes with less and less evidence for and more and more evidence against your bullshit is solid evidence of that fact.

There may be more people in the western world that reject the bible than ever before, but I'd be willing to bet that the number of people in the entire world that think the bible is bullshit has remained rather consistent since the first document of faith was first written. Think about that.
The author clearly says "In the last days", not "As I am writing this."

There's some irony to this statement. I trust you can figure it out.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.