Scoffers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: Scoffers
(11-11-2014 12:15 AM)Nintentacle Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 12:13 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Um, yeah. Not even gonna say good try, that was just stupid.
So, if someone predicts a group of people will do something, and they do it, their prediction wasn't right? Laugh out load

Well, the prediction that people will laugh at stupid ideas is right. Big Grin

That's my whole point!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
11-11-2014, 12:19 AM
(11-11-2014 12:15 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 12:08 AM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  Is this not a forum for open discussion? Or am I only allowed to talk shit on religion? Nothing I have said is out of hatred but what I have received is that, only.

You've already been treated better here than any atheist would be on a xtian foum.
Quit whining. ..I see I have a new pm from you.
Do I need to block you?

Why is this coming down to how we are treating one another? And I didn't pm you. Keep this conversation and show it to someone that isn't too dumb to understand what I'm saying maybe they can explain it better then I already have.

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
11-11-2014, 12:21 AM
(11-11-2014 12:19 AM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 12:15 AM)pablo Wrote:  You've already been treated better here than any atheist would be on a xtian foum.
Do I need to block you?

Why is this coming down to how we are treating one another? And I didn't pm you. Keep this conversation and show it to someone that isn't too dumb to understand what I'm saying maybe they can explain it better then I already have.

My bad I don't think you were talking to me. Lol

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
11-11-2014, 12:23 AM
(11-11-2014 12:17 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 12:15 AM)Nintentacle Wrote:  So, if someone predicts a group of people will do something, and they do it, their prediction wasn't right? Laugh out load

Well, the prediction that people will laugh at stupid ideas is right. Big Grin

That's my whole point!
But you're saying that based on the ignorance they said you would have!
11-11-2014, 12:25 AM
(11-11-2014 12:19 AM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 12:15 AM)pablo Wrote:  You've already been treated better here than any atheist would be on a xtian foum.
Do I need to block you?

I'll keep it under my pillow and cherish it always!
Thank you for showing me the error of my heathen ways!
Fucking putz.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
11-11-2014, 12:26 AM
(10-11-2014 11:52 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Tell you what, Nintentacle: I'll consider the possibility that your god might be real if you can get it to ship a real, live Talking Snake™ to My house.

(11-11-2014 12:08 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  If I can get in on this? I could feed my roommates rabbit to it and we would be awesome buddies. Actually the snake is Satan isn't it...

Ixnay on the unnybay -- I'm a very rabbit-friendly goddess.

There are a few surplus squirrels around here, 'tho, so I think we have the Snake Chow issue covered.

As for the snake being Satan, I don't think so. One would think that would have been mentioned in the book of Genesis, instead of being retconned into the story by the New Testament authors.

My personal interpretation of Genesis 3 is that the snake is a symbol of the Canaanite goddess Athtart (a.k.a. Astarte), whom the Yahweh cultists were trying to overthrow. Therefore, the root message is "Obey, or we'll throw you out."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
11-11-2014, 12:26 AM
(11-11-2014 12:21 AM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 12:19 AM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  Why is this coming down to how we are treating one another? And I didn't pm you. Keep this conversation and show it to someone that isn't too dumb to understand what I'm saying maybe they can explain it better then I already have.

My bad I don't think you were talking to me. Lol

Dickhead.
11-11-2014, 12:28 AM
(10-11-2014 11:49 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 11:45 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Stop scoffing and mocking the Bible? Well, until it's gets replaced with a Bible 2.0 which is less ridiculous and can actually substantiate any of it's claims (a major failing point of the current Bible), I have no other option but to respond with ridicule. So how about you start praying for your God to revise your Bible with some evidence, and after that happens, then the rest of us might stop laughing at your imaginary friends. Drinking Beverage
You will have absolutely no credibility with you argument against the Bible while you are proving the passage I showed correct by mocking the Bible.

Your Bible has zero authority outside of what you imagine it to, so there is that.

(10-11-2014 11:49 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  You can't say a claim (The scoffer prophecy) isn't true, while proving the claim is true, by saying it isn't (By scoffing).

Incorrect. I can mock it all I want, precisely because the Bible has failed to substantiate any of it's claims. The passages you quote are nothing more than facile attempts at deflection made to fool credulous believers into thinking they have any ground to stand on, instead of seeing it for the blinding obvious self serving circle-jerk that it is.

(10-11-2014 11:49 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  There already is evidence, your heart is just blinded:

Centuries of Biblical scholarship and archaeology, mostly done by believers no less, disagrees with you.

(10-11-2014 11:49 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."

"And those of the Critics and the Population who do not profess admiration for the Star Wars, will surely deny it's supremacy, for thou have no taste in Cinema; so sayeth the George."
-Book of Lucas, TK4:21

*yawn*

Still proves nothing other than whoever wrote that passage was smart enough to trick your ignorant ass.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-11-2014, 12:29 AM
(11-11-2014 12:23 AM)Nintentacle Wrote:  But you're saying that based on the ignorance they said you would have!

No, based on the fact that they are stupid ideas!

It's simple, the authors knew they would be scoffed at for having stupid ideas, so they also wrote that people would scoff at them.

People scoffed at the stupid ideas, and you get to go "Ha! This shit is so true that the authors knew they would be scoffed at, which makes it true!".

No it doesn't. It just makes it a stupid idea.

I'm going to bed, you all have fun with this shit.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
11-11-2014, 12:30 AM
The bible doesn't need our help proving itself wrong.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post