Scooby Doo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Scooby Doo
Anyone like the old scooby doo series? I have been watching some recently. Kind of sad that the more modern series does not compare to it at all. Although, crystal cover does come pretty close.

Not to mention that scooby doo taught me that all the scary monsters in the world is just some guy trying to scare me for their own personal gain.

[Image: scooby-doo_had_a_very_potent_hidden_mess...858961.jpg]

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Shadow Fox's post
09-03-2015, 07:24 AM
RE: Scooby Doo
(08-03-2015 08:24 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Anyone like the old scooby doo series?

I always liked the idea that they investigated strange things to find what the real cause was but, jinkies, the characters were just annoying. Even as a kid I thought they were idiots.

and now I've got that damn song stuck in my head...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
09-03-2015, 07:44 AM
Growing up, I used to watch a lot of the old Scooby Doo. It was... Okay?
I constantly found the characters to be annoying, the audio to be off-putting and the animation to be pretty much bog-standard for the time.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-03-2015, 08:09 AM
(09-03-2015 07:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Growing up, I used to watch a lot of the old Scooby Doo. It was... Okay?
I constantly found the characters to be annoying, the audio to be off-putting and the animation to be pretty much bog-standard for the time.

... not to mention that the plot was the same every week.

But as a child it did probably help towards my indoctrination to being a critical thinker.

So credit where it's due.

Cool

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-03-2015, 08:19 AM
I never liked it as a kid. I see the value of it today though, it teaches kids to be skeptics. But not only did I believe in a god back then, I was more worried as the dork I was trying to impress others and fit in rather than be myself. I look back and wish I had not cared about image and fitting in.

I was into Bugs Bunny.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
09-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Wow. All I ever hear is people saying they loved Scooby Doo. I thought I was the only one who never liked it!

Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
09-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Oh stoooooooop.

I absolutely LOVED Scooby. Weeping

Honestly, I think Scobby Doo is the reason my younger kid doesn't really believe in gods. Because there was an episode once where someone pretended to be a "god" like Pele, and proved it was just a dude in a costume with lots of smoke.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-03-2015, 10:37 AM
I liked Scoob... pretty much any kind of mystery solving or detective story was my thing.

Kind of strange, though Consider ... they never changed their clothes. Anyone but me ever notice that? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-03-2015, 11:21 AM
eh, I wasnt a fan of Scooby, I preferred watching Wile E Coyote fall off cliffs. Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
09-03-2015, 05:27 PM
(09-03-2015 11:21 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  eh, I wasnt a fan of Scooby, I preferred watching Wile E Coyote fall off cliffs. Smile

Prepare for a lesson in rocket science and physics!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post