Scopes Part II

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Scopes Part II
http://www.secularnewsdaily.com/2011/04/...93-part-1/

You heard that right. Tennessee will now be protecting teachers who teach creationism. This is completely disgusting...and even more disturbing is the vote count...70 - 28!!!! Only 28 sane individuals left in the legislature in Tennessee? Words cannot express my disappointment for my home state.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2011, 02:53 PM
RE: Scopes Part II
Hey BeardedDude, I was not aware you are from Tennessee. I'm a native myself and still living here. Pretty sad state of affairs indeed.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
22-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Tennesee and Texas are going to drag the United States into becoming a third world country.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
23-04-2011, 10:03 AM
(22-04-2011 02:53 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  Hey BeardedDude, I was not aware you are from Tennessee. I'm a native myself and still living here. Pretty sad state of affairs indeed.

Born and raised in a small town in middle Tennessee and I got my BS from UT Chattanooga. The only good news about this bill is that it was put on hold. http://ncse.com/news/2011/04/tennessees-...old-006631
But yes Tennessee continues to disappoint me. I have nieces and nephews there who I know are not getting a good education. I always feel this twinge of shame when I tell people I am from there.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
23-04-2011, 12:15 PM
What do you expect from a state that makes it illegal for an atheist to hold a public office?
23-04-2011, 12:28 PM
(23-04-2011 12:15 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  What do you expect from a state that makes it illegal for an atheist to hold a public office?

True.

—Thomas Henry Huxley