Scotch lovers thread!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Scotch lovers thread!
Nah. I am what we in Sales refer to as "a vagina". The last time I had hard stuff...I don't really remember what happened. But I remember people were scared. Undecided

I stick to beer. Big Grin

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 08:46 PM
(03-06-2013 10:25 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Recently picked up a Macallan 12 yr Old aged in sherry casks....yummy! Highly rcommend it.

That's good stuff. Haven't had it in a while but I enjoy Macallan Cask Strength. Damn, that's nectar of the non-existent gods. Full-bodied. Aged in sherry casks so you get a little sherry flavor. Goes down very smooth. I'm a philistine so I add more than just the usual splash of water to open up the flavor. Mm. Might have to make a trip to BevMo this weekend!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
04-06-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm a bourbon lover myself, never had the palette for scotch. That being said, when my neighbor moved away about six mths ago he went and bought a bottle of blue label JW which we sat down and shared. I would drink that anytime, anywhere. (just don't ask me to pay for it)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
04-06-2013, 08:59 PM
(04-06-2013 08:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'm a bourbon lover myself, never had the palette for scotch. That being said, when my neighbor moved away about six mths ago he went and bought a bottle of blue label JW which we sat down and shared. I would drink that anytime, anywhere. (just don't ask me to pay for it)

I haven't been a huge bourbon fan, but I like the show Justified, and that's Raylan's drink of choice. So I recently acquired a bottle of Maker's 46. That was some pretty darn good branch water. Drooling

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
04-06-2013, 09:04 PM
(04-06-2013 08:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I haven't been a huge bourbon fan, but I like the show Justified, and that's Raylan's drink of choice. So I recently acquired a bottle of Maker's 46. That was some pretty darn good branch water. Drooling

Maker's is my shit. Thumbsup Not completely top shelf, but still excellent.

But I digress, this is a scotch thread and I shall respect that. You may resume.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-06-2013, 02:38 PM
(04-06-2013 08:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'm a bourbon lover myself, never had the palette for scotch. That being said, when my neighbor moved away about six mths ago he went and bought a bottle of blue label JW which we sat down and shared. I would drink that anytime, anywhere. (just don't ask me to pay for it)

Have you tried the cask strength Wild Turkey? I'm thinking of trying it.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
05-06-2013, 06:16 PM
(05-06-2013 02:38 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  

Have you tried the cask strength Wild Turkey? I'm thinking of trying it.

I haven't. I tend to shy away from the wild turkey, though I'm not sure why.

~ Umberto Eco
05-06-2013, 06:20 PM
I enjoy JW Green. This thread has nearly covered all the colors of JW. I also like Bulleit Bourbon.

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
06-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Oh hello there, just found this thread, happily I might add.

I'm currently widdling down my bottle of Glenlivet 18 Year, fantastic scotch. I also have a bottle of JW Blue sitting in my collection that gets broken out on occasion, though I tend to be selfish with it. I'm going to branch out and try some islay scotches soon.

As an aside, I tried a bit of Jameson Vintage Reserve Irish Whiskey last night, and that was absolutely fantastic. Though for the kind of money you have to spend for it, it damn well better be. For general whiskey, I've been told Crown Royal Black is quite tasty for regular drinking, anyone with experience there? I can shoot regular Crown all night long, but I feel dirty if I mix it. Can't sip the stuff though, so I'm wondering if Black is something I could slowly enjoy.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
[+] 2 users Like Anudist's post
06-06-2013, 08:19 AM
(06-06-2013 12:50 AM)Anudist Wrote:  Oh hello there, just found this thread, happily I might add.

I'm currently widdling down my bottle of Glenlivet 18 Year, fantastic scotch. I also have a bottle of JW Blue sitting in my collection that gets broken out on occasion, though I tend to be selfish with it. I'm going to branch out and try some islay scotches soon.

As an aside, I tried a bit of Jameson Vintage Reserve Irish Whiskey last night, and that was absolutely fantastic. Though for the kind of money you have to spend for it, it damn well better be. For general whiskey, I've been told Crown Royal Black is quite tasty for regular drinking, anyone with experience there? I can shoot regular Crown all night long, but I feel dirty if I mix it. Can't sip the stuff though, so I'm wondering if Black is something I could slowly enjoy.

The Jameson vintage is awesome, I had the pleasure of tasting it once and was impressed.

Crown is pretty decent as far as Canadian whiskeys go. I do prefer the black as it has a little more bourbon feel to it, and I would say it is a bit smoother.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post