[Image: 18yo.jpg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
24-01-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: Scotch lovers thread!
I'm sitting here enjoying my favourite tipple and I see this thread. Great! Being Irish I am a little biased. My favourite whiskey in Redbreast Irish Whiskey, 12 year old. A little drop of water and it's perfect. Sláinte ( cheers )

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
24-01-2014, 02:39 PM
(24-01-2014 02:37 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I'm sitting here enjoying my favourite tipple and I see this thread. Great! Being Irish I am a little biased. My favourite whiskey in Redbreast Irish Whiskey, 12 year old. A little drop of water and it's perfect. Sláinte ( cheers )

I've had this before. It's great. Thumbsup

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
10-02-2014, 10:18 PM
I started out with Glenlivet but have been exploring alternatives for the past several years. Current favourite is Balvenie Doublewood, but I also like Aberlour (the 12-year-old, I think). Definitely don't like smoky whisky (or indeed anything with a heavy smoke flavour).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2014, 10:51 PM
A good Islay or Highland single malt... Balvennie or MacMillan (12year or more). and Laphroig is in a class of its own TBH ^_^
But dont forget the mixed malts... I was quite partial to Bells (8 or 14year) but I decided to never buy Bells Whiskey ever again on moral grounds (but thats another story) ^_^
[+] 1 user Likes Beat Scientist's post
10-02-2014, 10:56 PM
(24-01-2014 10:58 AM)Crulax Wrote:  [Image: 18yo.jpg]

When someone cracks one of these babys open you can smell it three rooms away. Beautiful stuff, you can get drunk just inhaling it ^_^
If you have never experienced this delightful malt I strongly recommend giving a dram a go, ...it smells like the stuff you would paint on to a shed to stop the wood rotting over the winter but that is just the begining of its charm lol Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Beat Scientist's post
16-02-2014, 08:39 AM
(06-06-2013 03:30 PM)Caveman Wrote:  I prefer peated whiskies.
I tried to get into 12y/o single malts (limited budget) but 12y/o blends like Walker Black and Double Black were just more enjoyable to me.
Did get a bottle of Blue Lable for my birthday earlier this year though. Good times!

I also like the peated ones - Islay malts like Laphroaig and Lagavulin. Bowmore is also pretty good for a more reasonable price. Highland Park, Talisker, Ardbeg, and Caol Ila are also all very nice peated scotches. Thumbsup
16-02-2014, 08:39 AM
(10-02-2014 10:18 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I started out with Glenlivet but have been exploring alternatives for the past several years. Current favourite is Balvenie Doublewood, but I also like Aberlour (the 12-year-old, I think). Definitely don't like smoky whisky (or indeed anything with a heavy smoke flavour).

Agree. Those are both very nice.
16-02-2014, 08:41 AM
If you're ever in Colorado, pick up a bottle of Stranahan's. Very nice stuff.