Scotch lovers thread!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Scotch lovers thread!
Am I the only one? Am I? Surely not. Come on, what's your favorite scotch? My favorite drinking scotch is easily dalwhinnie. 15 yr single malt, tasty and smooth.

[Image: szakR.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
10-01-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: Scotch lovers thread!
(10-01-2013 02:36 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Am I the only one? Am I? Surely not. Come on, what's your favorite scotch? My favorite drinking scotch is easily dalwhinnie. 15 yr single malt, tasty and smooth.

[Image: szakR.jpg]

I hate to say this but "Good God" how did I not start this if there wasn't one?

No way are you're the only one! I have a little selection of single malts going. I love the Balvenie line and Oban too. I have a Balvenie 21 Year Old Portwood that is just devine.

I love the World of Whiskey in Heathrow airport, whenever I go though there my wife knows I'm coming back with a new bottle. Drinking Beverage

That ain't coffee in that cup!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
10-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Well, I'm a beer lover at heart. It's what I know best, and I'm a beer snob, but I dabble in liquor from time to time. Of my very limited scotch experience and uncultured scotch palette, I'd say Chivas Regal is a good choice. I think the bottle I had was aged somewhere between 12 and 18 years, can't remember for sure. It was a gift to my parents, who do not drink alcohol at all.

11-01-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm still in the rookie stage of my Scotch adventures. I started with JW Red, then JW Black, the Glenfiddich, and now I mostly drink Glenlivet. After the JW Black phase, I finally started actually liking the taste and went to a few scotch taste tests... but I forgot to remember the ones I liked. One was delicious and smoky and another tasted like vanilla. The owner of the liquor store has one he wants me to try next time I go in. Said it always wins the local taste tests.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
11-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Get some Dalwhinnie. DO IT.
11-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Butterscotch count? lol

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
03-06-2013, 10:24 AM
(11-01-2013 08:49 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Butterscotch count? lol

Depends on what proof it is!Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
03-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Recently picked up a Macallan 12 yr Old aged in sherry casks....yummy! Highly rcommend it.

David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
03-06-2013, 10:30 AM
How much of it do you have to drink before you see plaid? Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
03-06-2013, 10:40 AM
(03-06-2013 10:30 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  How much of it do you have to drink before you see plaid? Big Grin

I had 4 glasses the day I bought it....I think I developed the accent Big Grin

David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post