Scott Walker, Wisconsin. Dafuq?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Scott Walker, Wisconsin. Dafuq?!
He's the governor in Wisconsin. Poses himself a big economic reformer like F D Roosevelt.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepoliti...21191.html

But actually he behaves like a big, big time fascist. This is his capitol police force, arresting peacefully singing grannies and girls.

Other aspects of his policy may include nationalization of inheritance of deceased citizens and cashing in on fucking up the nature with frac sand industry.
https://www.facebook.com/Shitscottwalker...arget_id=0

I assure you, it is not that better in my country, in Turkey, or most other countries, but I mean, WTF? Who used to claim for 40 years to be better than Soviets?

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Scott Walker, Wisconsin. Dafuq?!
Ohmy

Inside a Wisconsin prison where "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore)" the guards are heard to threaten, "Make It Easy on Yourself".

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

21-08-2013, 12:53 AM
(18-08-2013 05:31 PM)Luminon Wrote:  He's the governor in Wisconsin. Poses himself a big economic reformer like F D Roosevelt.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepoliti...21191.html

But actually he behaves like a big, big time fascist. This is his capitol police force, arresting peacefully singing grannies and girls.

Other aspects of his policy may include nationalization of inheritance of deceased citizens and cashing in on fucking up the nature with frac sand industry.
https://www.facebook.com/Shitscottwalker...arget_id=0

I assure you, it is not that better in my country, in Turkey, or most other countries, but I mean, WTF? Who used to claim for 40 years to be better than Soviets?

Good. Arrest those obnoxious, annoying people who hang out and disrupt the people's capitol building. Imagine a rotating troupe of (bad) singers that NEVER STOP, every waking hour of every day of the week continuously for two years. The capitol is not an amphitheater. These singers were told they should obtain a permit, which the capitol police stated publicly to the local media they would typically issue such a permit if requested. But to date, despite weeks of daily notice to the singers of the policy enforcement coming, the group has not ever requested one.

The reason this group refuses to obtain a permit is that the permit would limit duration and numbers of people so that the state capitol building can be accessible to more than just this group. Dominating this space with a permanent presence and in a way that limited use of this space by the public at large is one of the reasons the local courts ruled that these permit rules were reasonable for the space inside the capitol building. Outside the building on the public grounds, and in a way that does not prohibit general public use of the capitol building? No problem, no permit required. Dane county courts are incredibly friendly to anyone critical of Walker, so any benefit of the doubt would have been given to these singing protestors.
22-08-2013, 06:09 AM
(21-08-2013 12:53 AM)BryanS Wrote:  The reason this group refuses to obtain a permit is that the permit would limit duration and numbers of people so that the state capitol building can be accessible to more than just this group. Dominating this space with a permanent presence and in a way that limited use of this space by the public at large is one of the reasons the local courts ruled that these permit rules were reasonable for the space inside the capitol building. Outside the building on the public grounds, and in a way that does not prohibit general public use of the capitol building? No problem, no permit required. Dane county courts are incredibly friendly to anyone critical of Walker, so any benefit of the doubt would have been given to these singing protestors.
Ah. My guess is, they already tried that, didn't work. Trust me, months and years of singing and getting arrested are a great demand on middle-class resources and these people wouldn't do it just to break a few permit regulations. More likely they do it, because Mr Walker is an asshole who would do anything to the citizens, nothing short of violence, if he got the corporate lobbyist offers to split the tax money on public contracts, which he does, in great amounts. And he does not talk face to face with the protesting citizens, that would be so undemocratic, so rule of the crowd.
Nothing I haven't seen in my country, which is by the way below Botswana in financial transparency.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!