Scottish Independance ahead in Poll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: Scottish Independance ahead in Poll
I don't know how many other people 4chan, but they can be pretty apt at predicting these types of things.

As long as your not on /pol/ which is basicaly "REVOLUTION WILL HAPPPEN >insert why jews are to blame here<"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I think Scotland would have easily voted for independence but ... I think it was just fear ... and the ever popular ... shitty timing. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-09-2014, 07:55 PM
(20-09-2014 07:50 PM)kim Wrote:  I think Scotland would have easily voted for independence but ... I think it was just fear ... and the ever popular ... shitty timing. Drinking Beverage

The utter lack of planning by the SNP really hurt the cause. Had they been even moderately competent it probably would have gone the other way.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-09-2014, 04:01 AM
(20-09-2014 07:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The utter lack of planning by the SNP really hurt the cause. Had they been even moderately competent it probably would have gone the other way.

I'm interested in why you say this. They have always played the long game. What did they miss out with their planning?
21-09-2014, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2014 04:53 AM by Mathilda.)
Cameron and Miliband ditch devo timetable vow

Quote:UK Prime Minister David Cameron has ditched a pre-referendum vow to hold a vote in the House of Commons on further devolution for Scotland, dismissing such a move as "meaningless".

... and now Jack Straw is calling to diminish the democratic voice of the people.

Straw: Make Union forever

Quote:FORMER Labour Home Secretary Jack Straw has said the Union should be permanently enshrined in law to prevent Scottish independence.

Writing in the Times yesterday, the MP for Blackburn said Britain follow the example of the US and India and make the Union "indissoluble".
21-09-2014, 06:50 AM
(20-09-2014 07:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The utter lack of planning by the SNP really hurt the cause. Had they been even moderately competent it probably would have gone the other way.

As opposed to Better Together and the main parties in Westminster who had nothing concrete to offer other than the status quo of foodbanks and Trident?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
21-09-2014, 08:13 AM
(21-09-2014 04:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ---
... and now Jack Straw is calling to diminish the democratic voice of the people.

Quote:FORMER Labour Home Secretary Jack Straw has said the Union should be permanently enshrined in law to prevent Scottish independence.

Writing in the Times yesterday, the MP for Blackburn said Britain follow the example of the US and India and make the Union "indissoluble".

Ok, THAT is what I was afraid of with the shitty timing. This Jack Straw fucker knows he has to get this notion through quickly before the people realize the magnitude of their position. This is the first attempt to play down all those empty promises of "greater autonomy in the future" ... which may have caused hesitation in any fence sitter's vote.

Pro-autonomy is going to have to step up the fight and show people that independence can happen and can strengthen (not weaken) Scotland. They must ensure another election and they must work hard enough to make certain it's a walk away.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-09-2014, 08:43 AM
(21-09-2014 04:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Cameron and Miliband ditch devo timetable vow

Quote:UK Prime Minister David Cameron has ditched a pre-referendum vow to hold a vote in the House of Commons on further devolution for Scotland, dismissing such a move as "meaningless".

That's what the 'lol conspiracy' crowd is going for?

The actual statements by the people in question are to be ignored (because reasons), and an anonymous third party at a biased source repeating Salmond's version of a conversation with Cameron is supposed to be reliable? Really?

(21-09-2014 04:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ... and now Jack Straw is calling to diminish the democratic voice of the people.

The 1707 act already says that the union of England and Scotland is to last forever after.

... this is my signature!
21-09-2014, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2014 08:54 AM by cjlr.)
(21-09-2014 06:50 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  

As opposed to Better Together and the main parties in Westminster who had nothing concrete to offer other than the status quo of foodbanks and Trident?

That, and a currency. Those tend to be useful.

... this is my signature!
21-09-2014, 09:52 AM
(21-09-2014 08:46 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 06:50 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  As opposed to Better Together and the main parties in Westminster who had nothing concrete to offer other than the status quo of foodbanks and Trident?

That, and a currency. Those tend to be useful.

The currency's irrelevant if you don't have any money and have to go to a foodbank because it's all been spent on Trident.

Hate the belief, love the believer.