Scottish Independance ahead in Poll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2014, 06:52 AM
RE: Scottish Independance ahead in Poll
When God created Scotland, He looked down on it with great satisfaction.
Finally he called the Archangel Gabriel to have a look.

'Just see," said God. "This is the best yet. Splendid mountains, beautiful scenery, brave men, fine women, nice cool weather.
And I've given them beautiful music and a special drink called whisky. Try some."

Gabriel took an appreciative sip. "Excellent," he said. "But haven't you perhaps been too kind to them?
Won't they be spoiled by all these things? Won't they think it's Heaven on Earth?"

"No danger of that, just wait till you see the bastards I gave them for neighbours," said God.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
14-09-2014, 08:50 AM
(14-09-2014 06:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  When God created Scotland, He looked down on it with great satisfaction.

'Just see," said God. "This is the best yet. Splendid mountains, beautiful scenery, brave men, fine women, nice cool weather.
And I've given them beautiful music and a special drink called whisky. Try some."

Gabriel took an appreciative sip. "Excellent," he said. "But haven't you perhaps been too kind to them?
Won't they be spoiled by all these things? Won't they think it's Heaven on Earth?"

"No danger of that, just wait till you see the bastards I gave them for neighbours," said God.

Natural enemies, one might even call them...

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
17-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Just learned that a friend of ours flew "home" to Scotland, to visit family and vote in the election tomorrow.

I find that odd since he's been living in the US for the past 8 years consistently.

His family, he said is completely divided over it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-09-2014, 03:44 AM
[Image: o-GROUNDSKEEPER-WILLIE-SCOTTISH-INDEPENDENCE-570.jpg]

AYE or DIE!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
18-09-2014, 04:08 AM
(14-09-2014 06:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  When God created Scotland, He looked down on it with great satisfaction.

I would have thought the midges were enough.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
18-09-2014, 03:46 PM
A scoop. The Scottish vote is YES !!!!

Women can now golf at St. Andrews !
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/19/sports...women.html
Tongue
Who gives a rat's ass about that other thing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-09-2014, 02:57 AM
Whelp the Scots, in a rare show of sanity over nationalistic pride, voted not to leave the UK. With over 85% turnout and a huge 55-45 result it is safe to say that this issue is probably put to bed for the foreseeable future.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-09-2014, 03:51 AM
The turkeys voted for Christmas. Scotland doesn't have political representation in Westminster and can now no longer threaten independence. Westminster will be looking to take power back from Scotland. Politicians never voluntarily give up power. They only ever try to grab more of it.
19-09-2014, 08:02 AM
(19-09-2014 03:51 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The turkeys voted for Christmas. Scotland doesn't have political representation in Westminster and can now no longer threaten independence. Westminster will be looking to take power back from Scotland. Politicians never voluntarily give up power. They only ever try to grab more of it.

Umm actually Westminster has just ceeded more power to the Scottish parliament.

http://news.msn.com/world/scots-reject-i...toric-vote

Quote: A much-relieved Cameron promised outside his Downing Street office to live up to earlier promises to give Scotland new powers on taxes, spending and welfare. He said the new plans will be agreed upon by November, with draft legislation by January.

"We will ensure that those commitments are honored in full," Cameron said. "We have heard the voice of Scotland, now the voices of millions in England must be heard."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-09-2014, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2014 09:18 AM by cjlr.)
(19-09-2014 03:51 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The turkeys voted for Christmas. Scotland doesn't have political representation in Westminster and can now no longer threaten independence. Westminster will be looking to take power back from Scotland. Politicians never voluntarily give up power. They only ever try to grab more of it.

Scotland has more influence on Westminster than Orkney has in Holyrood. Should Orkney seek independence?

Plus, the Glasgow metro area is an even greater portion of Scotland's total wealth and population than greater London is of the UK as a whole.

Only 35% of Scots voted for parties in government in Westminster, true. But only 44% voted for the party in government in Holyrood. "Getting the government they wanted" indeed, when a majority voted against the SNP...

You'll have to pardon me for being skeptical that all three national parties would completely back down from a serious pledge to re-examine the constitutional status of the UK.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post