Scrambled eggs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2012, 02:13 AM
RE: Scrambled eggs
I had scrambled eggs. I eat them with jam and toast.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Scrambled eggs
(28-12-2012 02:13 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I had scrambled eggs. I eat them with jam and toast.

I eat them in a box. I eat them with a fox.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
28-12-2012, 08:14 AM
(28-12-2012 08:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I eat them in a box. I eat them with a fox.

And in case you're wondering how the piece of toast got there:

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-12-2012, 08:20 AM
I crack the eggs straight into the pan and apply heat. Then I beat the eggs with a spatula continuously and keep doing so until the scrambled egg is cooked.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
28-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Onions, tomatoes, red peppers, mushrooms, cook them, add the beaten eggs, cook a bit, add cheese. YUM!

Or, onions, mushrooms, ham and cheese.

Any number of delicious combinations.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Either way. Depends on how many I cook. If just a couple, I just crack them in. If 6 or more, I'll prewhisk. I've used hashi (chopsticks) to stir them, and the curd comes out nice 'n' light, but really I find a silicone spatula (in the non-stick egg pan) does just well as long as you move them quickly to keep from overcooking. Cooked on medium in a preheated skillet, it takes less than a minute to cook everything to just done. They will continue to cook for ten to fifteen seconds after you take them off the heat and plate them, so a shade before they're completely done is good. Don't overcook. If you like a fluffy texture, water's best because that's what's in the dairy others talk about to create the steam for that fluffy texture. I don't care for it myself, but to each his or her own. Salt and pepper to taste, or whatever else you'd like. I like to keep it simple and fast.
05-01-2013, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 01:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
Crack a couple into a coffee cup, whisk 'em with a fork, add a tbsp of cream and a little shredded cheese and stick 'em in the microwave for a minute or so. The microwave makes them fluffy and puffy.

(28-12-2012 12:38 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 01:09 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Yes, I often ruin food by being impatient and over heating my pan. I still eat it, but with a frown. However with all the time I saved preparing my meals I have so much extra time for activities.
Ever wonder why your frying pans are warped? You'll save money on frying pans if you stop over heating them. And you know what they say about a penny saved, right?

Cast iron does not warp. It's all I use. And my pans are like 3 generations old now. Smile

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-01-2013, 01:33 PM
I've recently gotten away from the pre-whisk and have begun to appreciate some of the chunkier results of cracking a couple of eggs into a pan and doing a freeform spatula kind of maneuver. Visually, I like seeing a huge chunk of white and a huge chunk of yellow here and there.

Don't get me wrong; pre-whisk is essential for an omelette's smoothness. I think I'm just getting back to nature with the scrambled egg... or maybe just violent. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
(05-01-2013 01:33 PM)kim Wrote:  I've recently gotten away from the pre-whisk and have begun to appreciate some of the chunkier results of cracking a couple of eggs into a pan and doing a freeform spatula kind of maneuver. Visually, I like seeing a huge chunk of white and a huge chunk of yellow here and there.

When I'm making a breakfast sandwich I'll just drop the egg into the pan like I'm gonna make it sunny side up or over easy and then pop the yolk and stir it around a bit. Thing comes out like one integrated piece ready to be placed on the sandwich.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Well, fart. Dodgy

Now all I can think of is an egg & onion sandwich for lunch and I'm out of both eggs and onions. Hey - it's up to 40 degrees - I can do this! Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.