Scriptural support for universal morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 08:10 PM
RE: Scriptural support for universal morality
(14-01-2016 08:06 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The whole point is that it isn't only the bible.

One sentence

Hi POE. Written any good poems lately?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2016, 08:12 PM
(14-01-2016 08:10 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 08:06 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The whole point is that it isn't only the bible.

One sentence

Hi POE. Written any good poems lately?

popsthebuilder

It's all starting to make sense now Ohmy

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
14-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Fatbaldhobbit,

I never said I ignored them did I. I never said they weren't pertinent to the understanding of GOD. Just because it can be seen in a negative light doesn't mean that it can't also have positive effects.

Stories of people dying by the hand of man because a man told them it was the will of God seems pretty messed up. There are many lessons to be learned from it. It's clearly stated numerous times I'm scripture that old testaments were for times past, and that if it was the inerrant interpretation of the will of GOD then there would be no need for another testament.

People are so quick to talk about the Torah. But we are told that it was only partial testamony, and not full understanding.
14-01-2016, 08:30 PM
(14-01-2016 08:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Fatbaldhobbit,

I never said I ignored them did I. I never said they weren't pertinent to the understanding of GOD. Just because it can be seen in a negative light doesn't mean that it can't also have positive effects.

Stories of people dying by the hand of man because a man told them it was the will of God seems pretty messed up. There are many lessons to be learned from it. It's clearly stated numerous times I'm scripture that old testaments were for times past, and that if it was the inerrant interpretation of the will of GOD then there would be no need for another testament.

People are so quick to talk about the Torah. But we are told that it was only partial testamony, and not full understanding.

"We are told" What means we are told? That is like "I was gonna,"
14-01-2016, 08:31 PM
The New Testament was just fan fiction. The Jews and Muslims have confirmed this already. Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
14-01-2016, 08:31 PM
As far as the Qur'an is concerned. It holds the highest regard for Jesus as the one pure messenger of GOD.

They refer to none as the son of GOD for good reason.
The issue is the hypocrisy of So called Christians who don't follow scripture, thinking that Jesus as a man was at that time equivalent to GOD wholly, is a big issue.
14-01-2016, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 08:36 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Wrong again pops. JESUS himself said you're wrong.

Matthew 5:18 "For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

The Earth is still here, and "everything'' is not accomplished.

Back to square one.
But not to fret, pops.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-01-2016, 08:35 PM
(14-01-2016 12:50 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 12:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Kinda similar to what many accuse me of.

I do enjoy the conversation though.

Let's take a look at some of your "conversations", shall we?

(12-01-2016 09:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Cherrypicking is when one take a single verse or sentence out of context to fix into a claim. Perhaps to have noticed that I am posting entire chapters or the like. Not really cherry picking. There are hundreds more. If I was cherry picking then that wouldn't be the case.

By ignoring the sections of your quoted books that exhort rape, murder, mutilations and other atrocities, you are in fact cherrypicking.

(12-01-2016 06:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You imply that they are wholly different. They are not.

The New Testament says that Christ was the son of god. The quran says he was not. I can't answer for the others, but I would call that a pretty important difference.

(12-01-2016 09:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't feel the need for anything. It's just been made really obvious to me.

Your personal revelation means nothing to anyone but you. You could be lying, deluded or mistaken. Show me some evidence.

(12-01-2016 10:12 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No. I try to stick to core scriptures. The exception is the book of Enoch. I will eventually study other religious texts but for now I am sticking to the core texts as a basis for telling what religions are actually of the twelve tribes, or actually faithful to God. In order for me to do that I cannot deviate from core scripture. That would be like basing the truth of Christianity on the words of a hypocrite. Not very accurate.

CHERRYPICKING

(13-01-2016 01:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The book of Enoch or the words of John the Baptist may not be considered scripture to many sects or religions, but for some they indeed are.

CHERRYPICKING

Even better, by arbitrarily deciding what books you consider core, you are in fact, creating your own god. Thumbsup

(12-01-2016 10:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I mean not in line with other peaceable scriptures
CHERRYPICKING

(13-01-2016 11:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just because God predestined all doesn't mean he doesn't wholly control it, or that free will and man don't play a part in their own destiny.

If he predestined it, that would mean he CONTROLLED IT!!!

(13-01-2016 11:36 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Core scriptures...the basis that further, sometimes flawed beliefs of man generally stem with the addition of greed and knowing flawed interpretation. Not that these scriptures them selves haven't been manipulated or added to, namely the Torah.

Do you believe this shit you are posting? In one post you claim the core scriptures are the word of god and in the next you admit that the books have been manipulated.

(13-01-2016 09:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You still seem to think I'm talking about organized religion. I'm not. The determining factors are if it is peaceable or divides faithful. And if it promotes violence or not. If it promotes prejudice or equality.

The only things I have read that are from core scriptures are things in parenthesis, brackets, and crucifixes. Even then, many times it is truly an attempt to explain a point in the verse, but is also the means of which division, pride, greed, and violence are attempted to be justified. When I find such I study it and the context from which it was applied.

CHERRYPICKING

And, if you utilize the texts of a religion as evidence for your beliefs, you are going to be associated with that religion.

You are either delusional or a POE.
According to you, to not be cherry picking I would have to believe every doctrine of every sect of every religion. I stick with the books that the basis of the religions are based on. It isn't cherry picking.
14-01-2016, 08:41 PM
(14-01-2016 08:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong again pops. JESUS himself said you're wrong.

Matthew 5:18 "For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Back to square one.
But not to fret, pops.

No, the law is no longer written by the hand of man, but written on the heart through Crist by way of Christ. The only written commands now pertain to wholly loving God which actually equates to being without sin, and loving your neighbor as you love yourself which goes back to judging, the golden rule, equality and mercy.

The law is intact yet known of differently.
14-01-2016, 08:44 PM
(14-01-2016 08:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 08:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong again pops. JESUS himself said you're wrong.

Back to square one.
But not to fret, pops.

No, the law is no longer written by the hand of man, but written on the heart through Crist by way of Christ. The only written commands now pertain to wholly loving God which actually equates to being without sin, and loving your neighbor as you love yourself which goes back to judging, the golden rule, equality and mercy.

The law is intact yet known of differently.

So if God Jr hisself has declared that the law will not pass away how izzit that you have the authority to decide that it has?