Scriptural support for universal morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2016, 11:47 AM
RE: Scriptural support for universal morality
(16-01-2016 11:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It would behoove you to actually read prior to making assumptions such as the one you make in suggesting that I divide the one creator GOD into a different force for each different Faith. What a ridiculous concept.

Why you think that? It's no more ridiculous than your faith in your particular GOD.

"Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble." - Joseph Campbell

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-01-2016, 11:51 AM
(16-01-2016 11:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 06:49 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Blah blah blah blah blah............

If you think your religion is the only one to claim to be patent holder of humans morality, you'd be wrong.

Muslims and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists........ ect ect ect ect all do it.

When I hear anyone of religion arguing for their club it sounds exactly like Charlie Brown talking to his teacher.

Whaa whaaa whaaa whaaa whaaa whaa "Jesus"
Whaa whaa whaa whaaa whaaa whaa "Allah"
Whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa "Yahweh"
Whaa whaaa whaa whaaa whaa whaa "Vishnu"
Whaa whaa whaa whaaa whaa whaa "Buddha"

Get in line, take a number.
It would behoove you to actually read prior to making assumptions such as the one you make in suggesting that I divide the one creator GOD into a different force for each different Faith. What a ridiculous concept.

Interesting, the only time you referred to a concept as "ridiculous" is when someone acknowledges that different faiths refer to different gods.

The idea that they all refer to one god is ridiculous, but of course it's the concept that you have latched onto.

Are you able to see your inherent biases? Probably not.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
16-01-2016, 12:21 PM
(16-01-2016 11:51 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 11:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It would behoove you to actually read prior to making assumptions such as the one you make in suggesting that I divide the one creator GOD into a different force for each different Faith. What a ridiculous concept.

Interesting, the only time you referred to a concept as "ridiculous" is when someone acknowledges that different faiths refer to different gods.

The idea that they all refer to one god is ridiculous, but of course it's the concept that you have latched onto.

It is illogical and flawed to believe that there is but one Creator God yet think that the whole world worships a different one Creator God. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
16-01-2016, 12:21 PM
(16-01-2016 11:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Why you think that? It's no more ridiculous than your faith in your particular GOD.

"Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble." - Joseph Campbell
Not perticular
16-01-2016, 01:59 PM
(16-01-2016 12:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 11:51 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Interesting, the only time you referred to a concept as "ridiculous" is when someone acknowledges that different faiths refer to different gods.

It is illogical and flawed to believe that there is but one Creator God yet think that the whole world worships a different one Creator God. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Not really at all, especially if you could think they're all 100% wrong. Your position could be & humans logically had in times of less informational believed all religions may be wrong but there still is a creator or a prime moving deistic type of entity.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
16-01-2016, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2016 02:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-01-2016 12:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 11:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why you think that? It's no more ridiculous than your faith in your particular GOD.

Not perticular

Yes particular. How many others you think found God by just entering a radio dead zone?

#sigh
16-01-2016, 06:20 PM
(16-01-2016 11:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I respect Joseph Campbell, but it is not at all clear what he means by "true one way or another". Consider

Some religions appear to have some truths about the human condition, but that doesn't make the religion 'true'. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2016, 07:54 PM
(15-01-2016 04:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, I would just like for you to be specific, so maybe I can be too.

POE, one reason we know you have no clue as to what you speak, is that you are never specific. You twaddle on about the bible, having never read it, with people who have. You are unqualified both in science and scripture.

A a result, everything you said on each subject is idiotic. I am no scientist but have read the bible, Bucky for example, knows his science.

You are out of your depth and look foolish. Or, you are a POE here to drive us mad.

Just so we are clear, because you claimed ignorance of this earlier: Poe
A person who writes a parody of a Fundamentalist that is mistaken for the real thing. Due to Poe's Law, it is almost impossible to tell if a person is a Poe unless they admit to it.
"The Bible is true because it's the inerrant word of God! I know because the Bible says so! Glory!"

Is this guy serious? He's got to be a poe.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
16-01-2016, 11:47 PM
(16-01-2016 07:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 04:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, I would just like for you to be specific, so maybe I can be too.

POE, one reason we know you have no clue as to what you speak, is that you are never specific. You twaddle on about the bible, having never read it, with people who have. You are unqualified both in science and scripture.

A a result, everything you said on each subject is idiotic. I am no scientist but have read the bible, Bucky for example, knows his science.

You are out of your depth and look foolish. Or, you are a POE here to drive us mad.

A person who writes a parody of a Fundamentalist that is mistaken for the real thing. Due to Poe's Law, it is almost impossible to tell if a person is a Poe unless they admit to it.
"The Bible is true because it's the inerrant word of God! I know because the Bible says so! Glory!"

I have definitely read the Bible.
16-01-2016, 11:48 PM
(16-01-2016 07:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

What parody have I written, and from what fundamentalist?