Scriptural support for universal morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2016, 06:40 AM
RE: Scriptural support for universal morality
(12-01-2016 09:56 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 06:45 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  There's no difference between Islam, Christianity or Mormonism?

So where is the commandment in the Quran to observe the Sabbath?

Is it objectively moral to observe the Sabbath or isn't it?

Your failure to acknowledge the differences demonstrates your failure to understand religion in general.
I didn't say they were exactly the same in all ways now did I?

Sabbath is for man. Islam prays twice a day and has its own rituals. I never sad anything about the rituals. Just the general similarities.

Pops, what you are doing here is taking scriptures and interpreting them in a way that backs up your worldview. This is confirmation bias and it is a flawed way of looking at the world.

At this point, you have failed in establishing anything but demonstrating how your mental process has derailed.

Did you see my post in the other thread where I said that if god has some sort of message he can reveal it to people himself. It's not your problem to get his message out, it's his problem and god can go fuck himself. If he wants to convey a message, he can cut out his pathetic, chickenshit, invisible routine.

I'm going to try to ease up on you pops, the god concept that you've worked out in your mind has convinced you that getting on an atheist forum and spouting scriptural interpretations is a good idea. This god of yours has played a nasty little trick on you and has caused you to be in a place where you're beating your head against a wall and getting nowhere. This god of yours is having is having a good laugh at your expense.

You can stay in fantasy world and pretend what your doing is worthwhile, but you're wasting your time. Here's the reality of the situation- you are on an atheist forum trying to assert that god is whispering in your ear and we view the idea of god as non-sensical and the bible as a book of myth no different from Greek, Roman or Norse myth.

We view the source of your beliefs as a fairy tale and you can't change that no matter what you believe or how much faith you have.

I had a discussion with my brother about my lack of belief a few years ago, we had the usual back and forth about god and scripture, towards the end of our discussion he stated that everything good in his life was because of god. I told him everything good in his life was the result of who HE was and what HE did in his life, not some invisible deity.

I will say the same thing to you now, pops. Whatever breakthrough you had emotionally was because of actions and realizations that you came to. There was no god there to guide you, you do not need an imaginary god to better yourself.

If you could realize this, then you could stop beating your head against a wall on atheist forums and stop this self-torment you're inflicting on yourself.

That's the catch with all of this god stuff, there's always something you have to do, something you have to suffer through for a god. That's the way it usually works, because He suffered for us dontcha know?

Here's the good news, you don't have to do any of this for a god because gods don't exist in the real world, they only exist in that space between your ears. So you don't have to obey an external set of rules made up by men who claimed they were listening to that god between their ears.

When you realize that god is merely your imagination, then your options truly open up before you, you achieve true freedom.

You don't have to labor or suffer for a god, your life is your own to do what you want with it.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
13-01-2016, 06:47 AM
(13-01-2016 06:40 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Pops, what you are doing here is taking scriptures and interpreting them in a way that backs up your worldview. This is confirmation bias and it is a flawed way of looking at the world.

At this point, you have failed in establishing anything but demonstrating how your mental process has derailed.

Did you see my post in the other thread where I said that if god has some sort of message he can reveal it to people himself. It's not your problem to get his message out, it's his problem and god can go fuck himself. If he wants to convey a message, he can cut out his pathetic, chickenshit, invisible routine.

I'm going to try to ease up on you pops, the god concept that you've worked out in your mind has convinced you that getting on an atheist forum and spouting scriptural interpretations is a good idea. This god of yours has played a nasty little trick on you and has caused you to be in a place where you're beating your head against a wall and getting nowhere. This god of yours is having is having a good laugh at your expense.

You can stay in fantasy world and pretend what your doing is worthwhile, but you're wasting your time. Here's the reality of the situation- you are on an atheist forum trying to assert that god is whispering in your ear and we view the idea of god as non-sensical and the bible as a book of myth no different from Greek, Roman or Norse myth.

We view the source of your beliefs as a fairy tale and you can't change that no matter what you believe or how much faith you have.

I had a discussion with my brother about my lack of belief a few years ago, we had the usual back and forth about god and scripture, towards the end of our discussion he stated that everything good in his life was because of god. I told him everything good in his life was the result of who HE was and what HE did in his life, not some invisible deity.

I will say the same thing to you now, pops. Whatever breakthrough you had emotionally was because of actions and realizations that you came to. There was no god there to guide you, you do not need an imaginary god to better yourself.

If you could realize this, then you could stop beating your head against a wall on atheist forums and stop this self-torment you're inflicting on yourself.

That's the catch with all of this god stuff, there's always something you have to do, something you have to suffer through for a god. That's the way it usually works, because He suffered for us dontcha know?

Here's the good news, you don't have to do any of this for a god because gods don't exist in the real world, they only exist in that space between your ears. So you don't have to obey an external set of rules made up by men who claimed they were listening to that god between their ears.

When you realize that god is merely your imagination, then your options truly open up before you, you achieve true freedom.

You don't have to labor or suffer for a god, your life is your own to do what you want with it.

Amen!

Bowing

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-01-2016, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2016 07:36 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-01-2016 10:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not really talking about YHWY. I'm talking about man. YHWY isn't a man. A predestined natural occurrence such as the volcano or meteorite that destroyed Sodom and surrounding towns doesn't really classify as murder.

The Bible CLEARLY says your stupid deity caused the event as a direct result of their sinfulness. Your deity NEGOTIATED with Abraham to NOT do it, if certain types of people were to be found there. There was NOTHING "predestined" about that. Your god was clearly (in the story) in COMPLTETE command of the situation, and used VIOLENCE as a remedy for it. If that happens EVEN ONCE, your theory is refuted. It happened countless times. You are totally IGNORANT of even the BASICS of your own story. Your rationalization of this story shows how mentally unbalanced you are. You need help. Badly.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-01-2016, 07:16 AM
(13-01-2016 06:40 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  If he wants to convey a message, he can cut out his pathetic, chickenshit, invisible routine.

Well, yeah.

What is all this hiding in mystery BS? He sounds lie a sociopath afraid to show the real him.

Also, go and read Julian's Against the Galileans. He points out that other gods were always allowed under the Jewish belief system. Yawanker is the god of the Jews only.

Pop's you have read nothing and have no idea of that which you attempt to tell intelligent well read people. You are, quite simply, out of your depth.

You are unable to accomplish your pathetic goals here. So go elsewhere you total simpleton.

Fuckstick.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
13-01-2016, 07:31 AM
(12-01-2016 10:12 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 09:59 PM)cactus Wrote:  Do you include the Hadith in your list of divine scriptures?
No. I try to stick to core scriptures. The exception is the book of Enoch. I will eventually study other religious texts but for now I am sticking to the core texts as a basis for telling what religions are actually of the twelve tribes, or actually faithful to God. In order for me to do that I cannot deviate from core scripture. That would be like basing the truth of Christianity on the words of a hypocrite. Not very accurate.

Core texts according to whom? Is this accuracy or legitimacy of some "core" obvious to you?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-01-2016, 08:30 AM
(12-01-2016 09:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 06:33 PM)cactus Wrote:  What's your criteria for discerning a false teacher?
There are a few. Most stem out of greed and pride. Examples would be a person who says one thing but does another, a hypocrite, bigot, one that condemns others while secretly not living by the same judgment that they dole out. Often times people brought up in traditional organized religion may seem t have step by Faith in God, but after further inquiry you find that they are very divisive when it comes to other faiths.

A real example might be an individual that believes whole heartedly that Jesus is and always has been utterly equivalent to the One Creator GOD. This belief in itself has its own flaws, but the obvious sign of the false teacher in this case would be the deviation from what is actually taught in scripture, and the quickness they display in judging others who ent believe the exact same thing. In scripture it says that Christ is the way to GOD, not GOD in and of itself. Generally a false teacher will have high levels of spite for any who question or disagree with their doctrine. Since one of only two commands in the bible for gentiles is to love thy neighbor as you love yourself, its a dead giveaway. Another one actor would be the persons instant willingness to condemn and belittle another, also opposed to the actual teachings of Christ and the prophets whom all state to show mercy and not to judge with false scales, in that words judge all equally as you yourself wish to be judged.

You just described someone who is a dick. Just because someone is a dick does not invalidate their argument. They may actually be right and yet is a dick.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
13-01-2016, 11:21 AM
(13-01-2016 06:40 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 09:56 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I didn't say they were exactly the same in all ways now did I?

Sabbath is for man. Islam prays twice a day and has its own rituals. I never sad anything about the rituals. Just the general similarities.

Pops, what you are doing here is taking scriptures and interpreting them in a way that backs up your worldview. This is confirmation bias and it is a flawed way of looking at the world.

That's all good and great. I am not suffering, I was. You can say it was a natural process of the brain due to cognition. The problem with that is even if it was wholly internal and seemingly of my own doing and of nature or natural processes, then those processes were still set in motion by God for my benefit as all things are of the one creative force in one way or another.

It may seem like I'm beating my head on the wall to you. That isn't the case though. Everyone is free to do what they want, no doubt. I want to do what I feel us most beneficial for life and it's continuation in the most peaceable flourishing manner possible. Again you can say it's a natural process, but to think it is of self only is very dangerous as we naturally are comprised of seemingly opposing forces, and allowing ones self to consider all knowledge or revelation to be strictly of self is to open the door for privilege/prejudice, pride/bias, and inequality/hypocrisy.

You think I'm in some pain or something.

Pain is generally a faded memory now, compared to what it used to be.

Indifference is chaos.

The direction of life is joy.

Yes, abstract thought, yet none the less true for me personally.
13-01-2016, 11:23 AM
(13-01-2016 06:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 10:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not really talking about YHWY. I'm talking about man. YHWY isn't a man. A predestined natural occurrence such as the volcano or meteorite that destroyed Sodom and surrounding towns doesn't really classify as murder.

The Bible CLEARLY says your stupid deity caused the event as a direct result of their sinfulness. Your deity NEGOTIATED with Abraham to NOT do it, if certain types of people were to be found there. There was NOTHING "predestined" about that. Your god was clearly (in the story) in COMPLTETE command of the situation, and used VIOLENCE as a remedy for it. If that happens EVEN ONCE, your theory is refuted. It happened countless times. You are totally IGNORANT of even the BASICS of your own story. Your rationalization of this story shows how mentally unbalanced you are. You need help. Badly.
Don't act so foolish.

Just because God predestined all doesn't mean he doesn't wholly control it, or that free will and man don't play a part in their own destiny.
13-01-2016, 11:26 AM
(13-01-2016 07:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 06:40 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  If he wants to convey a message, he can cut out his pathetic, chickenshit, invisible routine.

Well, yeah.

What is all this hiding in mystery BS? He sounds lie a sociopath afraid to show the real him.

Also, go and read Julian's Against the Galileans. He points out that other gods were always allowed under the Jewish belief system. Yawanker is the god of the Jews only.

Pop's you have read nothing and have no idea of that which you attempt to tell intelligent well read people. You are, quite simply, out of your depth.

You are unable to accomplish your pathetic goals here. So go elsewhere you total simpleton.

Fuckstick.
You're the one assuming things. Again you refer to the God of war of the Jews. This can be seen as part of the one Creator GOD perhaps, but not the fullness there of by any means.
13-01-2016, 11:36 AM
(13-01-2016 07:31 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 10:12 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No. I try to stick to core scriptures. The exception is the book of Enoch. I will eventually study other religious texts but for now I am sticking to the core texts as a basis for telling what religions are actually of the twelve tribes, or actually faithful to God. In order for me to do that I cannot deviate from core scripture. That would be like basing the truth of Christianity on the words of a hypocrite. Not very accurate.

Core texts according to whom? Is this accuracy or legitimacy of some "core" obvious to you?
Core scriptures...the basis that further, sometimes flawed beliefs of man generally stem with the addition of greed and knowing flawed interpretation. Not that these scriptures them selves haven't been manipulated or added to, namely the Torah.