Scum of the earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2013, 06:33 AM
RE: Scum of the earth
(29-05-2013 05:08 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(25-10-2012 11:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  On another note, it is interesting that no theists or wooists have posted. Consider

Everything in your first post, the reasons behind how we got here would of all been considered Woo as little as a few hundred years ago.

Back then there would have been consensus and anything that doesn't fall into the this would have been considered "woo"... just like today. Nothing changes.

No, 'woo' is that which is believed without evidence but is proffered and defended as an explanation.

This is purely realism. Not nihilism, not hatred.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Being a realist only heightens my sense of awe and wonder of the world around me.

I spend a great deal of time in the ocean with life forms quite different than me; besides fish and marine mammals there are corals, hydrozoans, crustaceans, sponges, jellyfish, bryozoans, mollusks, starfish, annelids and tunicates.

When I observe these life forms I wonder what steps in the evolutionary process they must have taken to arrive at their present form, what environmental pressures they survived and what niche in the food chain they occupy and this alone is worthy of a lifetime of study.

I want to learn and explore and discover as much as I can while I can, because if the alternative is "goddidit, get on your knees and worship" then this life, our lives might as well be thrown away and ended as soon as possible for there is no reason to live them.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-05-2013, 09:10 AM

(29-05-2013 04:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  People who *melt down* in public and start threads named "Odes to someone" then talk about "not being in control of themselves" and then have the balls to say anything about "maturity" are seriously hilarious, after making complete, utter fools of themselves in public, projecting their own infantile hate of their parents onto others they do not even know, and ranting about it, in public, while pretending to be mental health professionals.

If what you say in your bio is true, then you are as transparent as a window. One doesn't even have to be a psychic. And obviously I don't care how I look in public. I don't have to care. I can just be me, for better or worse, flip-flopping all over the place, and I know I will get all the attention I need. It would be so easy to tear you down in public; it could be done in one sentence, but I refuse to do that, because I get the feeling you are very fragile. I believe you exist right on the edge.

Quote:Someone with the mental capacity of a two year old, and can only respond to someone who disagrees with them with with insults and retorts displays their ignorance and presumptuous self-projection with every word they say. Obviously all atheists are not nihilists. No one can prove they are. All they do is prove yet again all they ever do is "self-project, and call their self-projected bullshit the truth.

You're stumbling over your words.

Quote:Obviously there are millions of successful, non-nihilist atheists. Self-deluded lying to oneself is proof of nothing except obvious public self-delusion. With the absolute no respect for atheists some display, what the hell they are even doing here, WITH all the nihilists even saying they NEED to hold positions of power among all the nihilists, only proves they are here ONLY for the attention, and complete fools. Thanks for again proving it with every post written.

Of course I'm here for attention. I'm a writer. It's like talking to a competitive bodybuilder and saying, "You're so pathetic! You're only in the gym to pump iron."

[Image: Ronnie-Coleman-Arnold-Classic-Predictions.jpg]

Quote: And before it's said one is being "followed and hated", the shit was posted IN PUBLIC, on a PUBLIC board. Those who post shit in public, on public boards, can expect to have their shit called out as shit, in public, as public shit.

[Image: 38%20(2).gif]

Quote:One does not "hate" that which is beneath contempt. It's not worth the energy. Only a two year old says "hate" to everything which they do not understand, and to which they have no intelligent answer.

Am I 2 or 50? I'm so confused. [Image: 40%20(6).gif]
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2013, 09:23 AM
The usual. Retorts. The subject of the thread not addressed.
The flawed generalizations re : "all atheists are nihilists not addressed".
Just more childish nonsense. "Writer" ... with nothing to say, and no ability to say anything coherent.

Ya know the world is a big, scary, complicated place for "simple" people.
They need the world to exist in black and white simplistic terms, and simple-minded little neat boxes. "All atheists are nihilists", (even though they probably don't actually know any, as they obviously have no friends, if they are reduced to only consorting constantly with the people they despise the most). "Everyone who disagrees with me is a *hater*". Yes indeed. What sad lonely little lives they must have to be reduced, (having been kicked out of everywhere else), to such simple-minded paradigms, and being forced to hang around those they hate the most. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-05-2013, 09:32 AM

(29-05-2013 06:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is purely realism. Not nihilism, not hatred.

You have no idea whether what you are saying is true or isn't true. You simply believe it, and in order to believe it, you have to look away from a mountain of evidence that suggests otherwise.

When I say I believe in the lucid spiritual plane (as I call it), I have a reson for believing that way, and it follows from the idea that consciousness is received by the brain rather than generated by it. In other words, if A is true then B is probably true, and if B is true then C and D and E.

With your nihilism, you have to disregard all the "woo" that other people have experienced and simply call it delusional or unreal. That's silly. One example would be ghosts, primarily what is called a crisis apparition. A person sees a loved one as a ghost before that even know that loved one has passed on. That's a psychic experience. That experience has been had by people throughout the ages. But you would have to say, "Nope, never happened. They're all liars. They're all superstitious." And that is a position of ignorance--willful ignorance you use to support your belief. That being the case, your nihilism seems a lot more like woo than psi phenomena--by your own definition of "woo," for that matter!

The world didn't give you what you wanted and you're upset about it, so you have become a nihilist. That way, you don't feel so cheated. Why don't you admit it? [Image: pissed.gif]
29-05-2013, 09:44 AM

(29-05-2013 09:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Writer" ... with nothing to say, and no ability to say anything coherent.

Now, that I agree with. [Image: pcglare.gif]

Quote:Ya know the world is a big, scary, complicated place for "simple" people.
They need the world to exist in black and white simplistic terms, and simple-minded little neat boxes.

That I don't agree with. For stupid people, the world is a "happy place." The dumber one is the easier it is to be happy. You're a smart college-type type, what kind of proportion is it where the more something is, the more something else is, the x=y graph? That's how it is: the smarter you are, the more you suffer.

And for the record I don't think all atheists are nihilists, at least not all people who call themselves atheists are nihilists. Almost no self-reporting atheists are a nihilists. But you can't really be an atheist unless you are a nihilist. Chas's OP is the only rational position a true atheist can take.
29-05-2013, 10:21 AM
(29-05-2013 09:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 06:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is purely realism. Not nihilism, not hatred.

You have no idea whether what you are saying is true or isn't true. You simply believe it, and in order to believe it, you have to look away from a mountain of evidence that suggests otherwise.

When I say I believe in the lucid spiritual plane (as I call it), I have a reson for believing that way, and it follows from the idea that consciousness is received by the brain rather than generated by it. In other words, if A is true then B is probably true, and if B is true then C and D and E.

With your nihilism, you have to disregard all the "woo" that other people have experienced and simply call it delusional or unreal. That's silly. One example would be ghosts, primarily what is called a crisis apparition. A person sees a loved one as a ghost before that even know that loved one has passed on. That's a psychic experience. That experience has been had by people throughout the ages. But you would have to say, "Nope, never happened. They're all liars. They're all superstitious." And that is a position of ignorance--willful ignorance you use to support your belief. That being the case, your nihilism seems a lot more like woo than psi phenomena--by your own definition of "woo," for that matter!

The world didn't give you what you wanted and you're upset about it, so you have become a nihilist. That way, you don't feel so cheated. Why don't you admit it? [Image: pissed.gif]

Time for you to shed the little boy pants and grow up, Ed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2013, 10:33 AM

(29-05-2013 10:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  Time for you to shed the little boy pants and grow up, Ed.

Whatever. [Image: Disappointed_anim.gif]
29-05-2013, 10:38 AM
(29-05-2013 10:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  Time for you to shed the little boy pants and grow up, Ed.

You do know that's impossible -- if anything in a couple months he'll abandon this latest venture in favor of something new exciting. He'll then pretend to be nice and hospitable then change again to nasty and mean...

Because that's what he does.

Like he wrote somewhere he's a "writer." That means he likes characters and wants to be all the characters he creates.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

29-05-2013, 11:15 AM
(28-05-2013 11:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(13-03-2013 06:31 PM)aquietbluebird Wrote:  The universe cares because we do!

The universe cares about how much a latte costs, and if the color on the wall is the right shade of blue, and what hospital is best for oncology, who will take care of dad when he gets old... and about a trillion other things. And that's just the human part of the universe! The snails probably have their own set of issues.

...not to mention all the others out there on God knows how many countless other planets.

The universe is probably up to its eyeballs in caring.

Interesting point. What if we are the consciousness of the Divine Source? What if our mind is the mind of the Divine expressed in billions (trillions) of life forms that project it into the physical world?

uh oh, perhaps another divine flip flop has been seeded. Does your god speak to you anymore Egor, now that you have left them for parlor tricks?