Scum of the earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2013, 05:46 PM

RE: Scum of the earth
(29-05-2013 05:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 12:35 PM)bemore Wrote:  Like the Higgs boson and Quantum mechanics?

For those, we have evidence.

Try again.Drinking Beverage

We have evidence for the existence of God and the dualism of consciousness. Just because you're too bigotted to look at it doesn't mean it's not there.
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2013, 06:26 PM
(29-05-2013 05:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 05:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  For those, we have evidence.

Try again.Drinking Beverage

We have evidence for the existence of God and the dualism of consciousness. Just because you're too bigotted to look at it doesn't mean it's not there.

No, there is no evidence, you are delusional.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2013, 11:49 PM

(29-05-2013 06:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 05:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  We have evidence for the existence of God and the dualism of consciousness. Just because you're too bigotted to look at it doesn't mean it's not there.

No, there is no evidence, you are delusional.

QED Laughat
30-05-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm sorry, but he's right. Simply because you have convinced yourself (delusion) that what you have is evidence, does not mean that it indeed is. Especially when a slightly deeper examination of what you are convinced is evidence would likely yield a very explainable and, very likely, reproduceable explanation given time. Things that we can not readily explain are not examples or evidence of anything. They only act as further examples of things we do not yet know. In other words, a lack of logical explanation is not evidence for the supernatural.

You believe in a supersticious placeholder of future information. Nothing more. If that brings you comfort, great. But don't expect the rational world to accept ignorance for fact.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Anudist's post
30-05-2013, 07:20 AM
(29-05-2013 11:49 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 06:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, there is no evidence, you are delusional.

QED Laughat

Yup, that's me - the evidence bigot. Maybe that should be capitalized Consider The Evidence Bigot.

30-05-2013, 12:06 PM

(30-05-2013 02:07 AM)Anudist Wrote:  You believe in a supersticious [Image: 8%20(1).gif] superstitious placeholder of future information. Nothing more. If that brings you comfort, great. But don't expect the rational world to accept ignorance for fact.

You're describing replacing one faith with another. Try to get a clue before you dive into deep waters. Drinking Beverage
30-05-2013, 12:53 PM
(30-05-2013 12:06 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 02:07 AM)Anudist Wrote:  You believe in a supersticious [Image: 8%20(1).gif] superstitious placeholder of future information. Nothing more. If that brings you comfort, great. But don't expect the rational world to accept ignorance for fact.

You're describing replacing one faith with another. Try to get a clue before you dive into deep waters. Drinking Beverage

No, we are employing evidence-based knowledge instead of blind faith.

You do not seem to understand the difference.

30-05-2013, 01:13 PM
I think it's kind like how we see human faces in inanimate objects. I work nights. Was driving to work one night and saw this monsterous figure on the side of the road and it was moving! I wasn't afraid, because I am skepitical person and knew it wasn't real. But It was freaky because it looked so real, and was moving! When I got close enough to really see it, it turned out to be branches which had been blown to the side of the road. So, the road was very familiar. The object on the side of the road was foreign, animated and had somewhat human like features. It was too large to be human, therefore must be a monster. If we see things like this and respond with fear rather than curiosity, they become monsters.
Find all posts by this user