Scumbag Lawyers and Their Stupid Cunt Clients

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-09-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: Scumbag Lawyers and Their Stupid Cunt Clients
(16-09-2016 05:17 PM)SYZ Wrote:  You're choosing to ignore that one of the alleged witnesses was a 14-year-old kid, and the other was a cop with a 21-year LEO history.

No. There were THREE other kids. And 21 years experience in LE means nothing as far as credibility.

(16-09-2016 05:17 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
Quote:First of all, it is notoriously difficult to convict cops in the US. Remember the Freddy Gray case?

Apparently you're claiming the decisions by the court to drop the charges against those officers was erroneous?

Yes. It was erroneous. The information released by the police is enough to convict them in the Freddy Gray case.

He was alive and uninjured. when they put him in the van.

The "rough ride" procedure was common enough that everyone in the police department knew the slang term for it. The fact that they had a slang term for it speaks volumes.

There were other deaths and individuals paralyzed for life because of the BPD.

The GPS on the police van with Gray inside records movements and stops consistent with a rough ride.

These are all documented facts.

(16-09-2016 05:17 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Were you present at their trials, or are you just guessing? And that all six officers of a single precinct were—coincidentally—inveterate liars as well.

Spare me. With a few basic google searches you can verify the facts I just posted. And yes, I find it easy to believe that all six would lie to cover their own asses. Haven't you heard of the "Blue Wall of Silence"?

Blue Shield - Blue Wall

So, yeah, Reeeeeeaaal easy to believe.

(16-09-2016 05:17 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Likewise I'm impressed that you apparently know so much about these people that you can confidently claim my opinions are incorrect. Have you ever met them in order to defend them so vehemently—or are you possibly clairvoyant LOL.

No, it's called the internet. Of the three links regarding the case posted here, the OP posted one. I posted the other two, one of which was the one showing the video of the actual shooting.

Calling for investigation, and performing basic investigation I might add, is not "vehemently". What I do vehemently take exception to is the misogynistic language used against people, completely without basis or any justification.

(15-09-2016 12:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Which is precisely why I also asked "Is this the same in the US, or are replicas okay?" And no; Aussie gun laws do not mean fuck all—

In regards to this case they are irrelevant.

(15-09-2016 12:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Could you discern from a distance if that was only a replica? I certainly couldn't, but I'd be forced into presuming it wasn't for my own safety.

If you notice, I did not immediately claim that the officer was unjustified. I said investigation was needed. Should I quote myself?

In any event, since the actual shooting was not shown, it's hard to say. I would err on the side of caution and say the cop was probably justified. The kid had a realistic looking gun. He may have been reaching for it to drop it, I don't know. I doubt he was going to use it on the cop, since he knew it was a toy.

But, let me repeat that: From what I can see the officer was justified.

I say that after doing some research and actually learning about the case.
See the difference? Not clairvoyance, just google.

(15-09-2016 12:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  At any rate, why was this little thug carrying it anyway? Maybe for the purpose of some future nefarious activity requiring implied lethal intimidation.

Maybe he was a 14 year old kid trying to impress his buddies and the girls that were with him.

He definitely fucked up and he sure as fuck paid the price didn't he?

But NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING, in any of the articles justifies the misogynist bullshit you guys are throwing about.

"Neighborhood slut the kid was bonking" Justify that. Holy shit, they were going to the store. There is nothing in any of the articles that says anything to justify that. And you ask if I'm clairvoyant?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-09-2016, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2016 07:17 PM by epronovost.)
There is a few points I am seriously worried about in this story and thread.

1) If the police officer was called for a case of an armed men presenting a danger, why the fuck was he alone in his car with no backup? You don't tackle a potentially armed men alone; this is ridiculous. It puts police officers in unreasonnable danger, force them to act far to quickly to protect themselves and drives them to make basic identification mistakes. He should have at least had a partner with him and idealy one or two other police car to secure the zone. I can't understand why this is not mandatory procedure for this type of intervention in America. To me, this is probably the biggest cause of most of these «incidents».

2) Why would you even sell a toy gun looking so much like a real one? Wouldn't you prefer to keep those for the movie/tv industrie and give kids access to toys that look really like toys? It wouldn't change much to this story or any other, but it would seem like a step in the right direction.

3) I will have to agree with fatbaldhobbit there, the misogynist slurs employed to dehumanised the witness (and the mother of the suspect shot) clearly has no place. Beside the fact that this type of rethoric is degrading, it also happenned to be completly fallacious and in no way affect the witness capacities. Furthermore, the mother of the suspect shot, can legitimatly sue the city if she consider that the police departement rules and procedures are at fault for causing her son's death (which could have been avoided since incident like these aren't always lethal). If the police officer cannot be held responsible (that is not in question here), the same doesn't necessarly apply to the police departement, or the city, that employ him.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
17-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Quote:If the police officer was called for a case of an armed men presenting a danger, why the fuck was he alone in his car with no backup. Tou don't tackle a potentially armed men alone this is ridiculous. It puts oplice officers in unreasonnable danger, force them to act far to quickly to protect themselves and drives them to make basic identification mistake. He should have at least had a partner with him and idealy one or two other police car to secure the zone. I can't understand why this is not mandatory procedure for this type of intervention in America. To me, this is probably the biggest cause of most of these «incidents».

I agree with this completely, and after serving as a cop for 8 years here in Texas, I can tell you cops agree with it too- but they don't get to make that call. The bean counters do. It costs more than twice as much to have two officers in the same car. Does it really, in the long run, when you figure in accidents and injuries and lawsuits that might have been avoided if a second officer was there? They refuse to look at that big picture...but I believe it would be far cheaper to keep two man patrols at all times.
I was a deputy sheriff, spent 4 years on the road and 4 years in narcotics, most of that in SWAT on an entry team. My wife at the time was so pissed I had accepted a SWAT call- you had to be asked, to join. She thought it was so dangerous...but as I tried to tell her, on the road I couldn't approach every suspect with my gun drawn, I couldn't wear full tactical gear, I didn't have a fully automatic MP5, and I wasn't surrounded by a team of trained backup! On the road I was a lone deputy, often 30 minutes or more from any backup whatsoever. It was ridiculous. But the department provided us nice Stetson cowboy hats at $375 apiece, so that made it all ok.
FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
17-09-2016, 07:14 PM
(16-09-2016 06:14 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 05:17 PM)SYZ Wrote:  You're choosing to ignore that one of the alleged witnesses was a 14-year-old kid, and the other was a cop with a 21-year LEO history.

And 21 years experience in LE means nothing as far as credibility.

Uh... okay, if you say so it must be true LOL.

Quote:The information released by the police is enough to convict them in the Freddy Gray case.

No. The court cases proved otherwise—using evidence other than the "information" the police released.

Quote:There were other deaths and individuals paralyzed for life because of the BPD.
Citation please.

Quote:With a few basic google searches you can verify the facts I just posted.

Non sequitur. Do you believe everything on Google as accurate? Oh dear.

Quote:[...] one of which was the one showing the video of the actual shooting.

The video I watched didn't even vaguely "show" any shooting at all. Could you please direct me to the video you're referring to?

Quote:In regards to this case they are irrelevant.

No; they're illustrative, and therefore relevant regardless of the location.

Quote:If you notice, I did not immediately claim that the officer was unjustified.

Sorry, but that very claim has in fact formed the gist of all your comments here.

Quote:In any event, since the actual shooting was not shown, it's hard to say.

Again, you referred earlier to a video that did show the shooting (which is why I asked you for its link). Which is it to be?

Quote:But, let me repeat that: From what I can see the officer was justified.

So apparently you're now claiming to have perceived (inferred?) a whole lot more from the video we're both presumably talking about here than I could. How can you explain this? Or alternatively, what precisely am I missing from the video? I see neither the subject in the frame, not the cop allegedly firing his gun. All I see is a few kids standing outside a convenience store (on a fixed dash cam), and a cop running out of frame. It's hardly evidence of who did what to whom and how—in fact as evidence it's virtually useless.

Quote: Not clairvoyance, just google.

Google = media reporting = clairvoyance.

Finally, I don't know why you're so "anti-cop" and defend criminal activities of suspects in a case such as this. (A suspect drawing a handgun when apprehended by police.) And bear in mind too, nobody—except the kid—knew it was a replica. Apparently you seem to think the cop should've said something along the lines of, "Hang on just a moment sonny. Is that a real, loaded gun, or just a replica you're impressing your mates with? I won't take any action until you confirm this one way or the other". LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
17-09-2016, 07:59 PM
(17-09-2016 07:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 06:14 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  And 21 years experience in LE means nothing as far as credibility.

Uh... okay, if you say so it must be true LOL.

And you say it does, so that must be true.

(17-09-2016 07:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  No. The court cases proved otherwise—using evidence other than the "information" the police released.

"proved" indeed.

Quote:There were other deaths and individuals paralyzed for life because of the BPD.

Citation please.

You gonna read them?

Quote:Relatives of Dondi Johnson Sr., who was left a paraplegic after a 2005 police van ride, won a $7.4 million verdict against police officers. A year earlier, Jeffrey Alston was awarded $39 million by a jury after he became paralyzed from the neck down as the result of a van ride. Others have also received payouts after filing lawsuits.

Baltmore Sun

LA Times

The Atlantic

The Vox

Quote:With a few basic google searches you can verify the facts I just posted.
Non sequitur. Do you believe everything on Google as accurate? Oh dear.

I was asking you to do the research, which you should have no problem doing, if you were interested in learning about the incidents we are discussing.

(17-09-2016 07:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  The video I watched didn't even vaguely "show" any shooting at all. Could you please direct me to the video you're referring to?

The video I linked to had the audio and video of the shooting. The shooting itself happened off camera, but you can hear the clear audio and IIRC, see the kid fall.

You're really starting to split hairs.

Quote:If you notice, I did not immediately claim that the officer was unjustified.

Sorry, but that very claim has in fact formed the gist of all your comments here.

No, the gist has been investigate and question. When I had more information, I acknowledged that the officer was likely justified.

(17-09-2016 07:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Again, you referred earlier to a video that did show the shooting (which is why I asked you for its link). Which is it to be?

To quote the article I linked to:

Quote:Dash-cam video shows police shooting of Battle Creek teen with fake gun

Again, you're splitting hairs. The news site used the word "shows" but indicated that the actual shooting was off-screen. I did the same thing.

Quote:But, let me repeat that: From what I can see the officer was justified.

So apparently you're now claiming to have perceived (inferred?) a whole lot more from the video we're both presumably talking about here than I could.

Seriously? You complain when I question the circumstances, you complain when I present the evidence. You complain when I agree with the conclusions of Law Enforcement.

So, apparently I'm not supposed to question anyone with a badge?

(17-09-2016 07:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Finally, I don't know why you're so "anti-cop" ..

I would post links but you've disregarded or disputed every one I've posted so far.

I am not anti cop. I am firmly in the belief that No One Is Above The Law. Including cops.

(17-09-2016 07:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Apparently you seem to think ...

That the cop was justified. LOL. As I said previously.

In any event, it seems like we are on opposite sides of this.
Guess we'll just have to disagree.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-09-2016, 10:53 PM
(17-09-2016 07:59 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 07:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Citation please.

You gonna read them?

Thanks for those links. And yes, I read them all and listed their names as I went...

• Dondi Johnson
• Jeffrey Alston
• Christine Abbott
• Homer Long
• John Wheatfall
• James McKenna
• Gino Thompson

Quote:In any event, it seems like we are on opposite sides of this.
Guess we'll just have to disagree.

Yep, I concur. I guess people whose opinions are diametrically opposed end up just banging their heads together. Like atheists and religious zealots he he.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-09-2016, 08:21 PM
(16-09-2016 05:30 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 05:23 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Cops have lied so many times that I no longer believe a word they say [...]

There are currently more than 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers now serving in the US, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (and there were 123 LEOs killed in the line of duty in 2015).

Could you cite a reference to your claim that cops "have lied so many times", or is this just a biassed personal guess? Anyway, how many of those 900,000 would you estimate are liars?

And obviously if you're not prepared to trust LEOs in the preservation of law and order, who then would you suggest as an alternative? Or are you a closet anarchist maybe?

So in your mind a cop is a 'good cop' if he doesn't shoot someone? What about the 9 scumbags who testified to Internal Affairs in Chicago that Laquann McDonald lunged at the 10th officer who fired his gun and shot him 16 times. The video showed that he was moving away from the cops and never "lunged" towards them. The shooter was indicted and 7 of the other 9 were fired and the other 2 suspended. In my mind they were 10 bad cops.

If you want to believe that fucking cops never lie you are delusional. They protect their own and do not give a flying fuck about anyone else.

Over at AF.org I have a thread called Fucking Cops. Feel free to come over and read it.

You might (possibly) learn something about your precious cops.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
28-09-2016, 12:35 AM
(27-09-2016 08:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 05:30 PM)SYZ Wrote:  There are currently more than 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers now serving in the US, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (and there were 123 LEOs killed in the line of duty in 2015).

Could you cite a reference to your claim that cops "have lied so many times", or is this just a biassed personal guess? Anyway, how many of those 900,000 would you estimate are liars?

And obviously if you're not prepared to trust LEOs in the preservation of law and order, who then would you suggest as an alternative? Or are you a closet anarchist maybe?

So in your mind a cop is a 'good cop' if he doesn't shoot someone? What about the 9 scumbags who testified to Internal Affairs in Chicago that Laquann McDonald lunged at the 10th officer who fired his gun and shot him 16 times. The video showed that he was moving away from the cops and never "lunged" towards them. The shooter was indicted and 7 of the other 9 were fired and the other 2 suspended. In my mind they were 10 bad cops.

If you want to believe that fucking cops never lie you are delusional. They protect their own and do not give a flying fuck about anyone else.

Over at AF.org I have a thread called Fucking Cops. Feel free to come over and read it.

No but the evidence in this case - THIS CASE - indicates that the police officer was fully justified to use deadly force as there seemed to be a legitimate threat to his life at the time he used the weapon.

Every year we have these kinds of tragedies, and they are tragedies as they can easily be averted by doing a few simple things like keeping your hands visible when dealing with a cop, following instructions and DO NOT POINT A GUN, FAKE OR OTHERWISE AT A POLICE OFFICER.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
28-09-2016, 08:27 AM
(28-09-2016 12:35 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 08:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  So in your mind a cop is a 'good cop' if he doesn't shoot someone? What about the 9 scumbags who testified to Internal Affairs in Chicago that Laquann McDonald lunged at the 10th officer who fired his gun and shot him 16 times. The video showed that he was moving away from the cops and never "lunged" towards them. The shooter was indicted and 7 of the other 9 were fired and the other 2 suspended. In my mind they were 10 bad cops.

No but the evidence in this case - THIS CASE - indicates that the police officer was fully justified to use deadly force as there seemed to be a legitimate threat to his life at the time he used the weapon.

Every year we have these kinds of tragedies, and they are tragedies as they can easily be averted by doing a few simple things like keeping your hands visible when dealing with a cop, following instructions and DO NOT POINT A GUN, FAKE OR OTHERWISE AT A POLICE OFFICER.

Why not? A badge doesn't grant anybody special rights or privileges. If it did, equality wouldn't exist. That's what equality means. It means that nobody is special. Not even a cop's Bavarian whore of a grandmother.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
28-09-2016, 08:33 AM
(28-09-2016 08:27 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 12:35 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  No but the evidence in this case - THIS CASE - indicates that the police officer was fully justified to use deadly force as there seemed to be a legitimate threat to his life at the time he used the weapon.

Why not? A badge doesn't grant anybody special rights or privileges. If it did, equality wouldn't exist. That's what equality means. It means that nobody is special. Not even a cop's Bavarian whore of a grandmother.

We're done. If you are actually so stupid to believe such a thing, you have no idea as to the realities of gunfighting or self defense. Good luck to you.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade