Sea weed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Sea weed
I've only had seaweed once. It was not pleasant at all. My Korean friend had it in a cellophane bag, a bit like potato chips, but I did not like the taste at all. Yuech!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2013, 10:49 PM
I ate seaweed once. I was 2 and it was laying on a beach. I don't think I was impressed.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

30-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Seaweed comes in MANY types and preparations. The differences in taste and texture can be drastic so don't judge it based off one sampling. That's like eating a tart apple and then ignoring all apples.

It would help if you could describe the dish a little more. Better yet, pinpointing the ethnic background of the dish. Was it sweet and in thin, noodle-like cuts? You most likely had Japanese seaweed salad.

Was it Korean? It was most likely one of the several "banchan" style preparations. These tend to be moist. Some have a vinegar based dressing.

The Korean versions are dark like you describe and if it was soft and crunchy, it as a side dish (banchan).

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson