Searching for Scientific Explainations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Searching for Scientific Explainations
(11-09-2015 12:03 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Normal people say "Fuck off" and "Get the fuck out!

Can someone explain to me why Irish people say "out teh feck!"

We don't.... except some country folk might say " feck" when "fuck" would be inappropriate , like in front of the children ...and fictional characters on comedy shows such as Father Ted. I never use feck, I would just say " Go fuck yourself".

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
11-09-2015, 02:24 PM
(11-09-2015 02:22 PM)Marozz Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 12:03 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Normal people say "Fuck off" and "Get the fuck out!

Can someone explain to me why Irish people say "out teh feck!"

We don't.... except some country folk might say " feck" when "fuck" would be inappropriate , like in front of the children ...and fictional characters on comedy shows such as Father Ted. I never use feck, I would just say " Go fuck yourself".

I knew you'd answer this one Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Searching for Scientific Explainations
*edit* I just watched the video

I thought the first one had to do with using ur skull as an amplifier ...you know like a concave surface spreading out waves. Like satellite dish communication.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
17-09-2015, 10:02 PM
(11-09-2015 11:25 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 11:09 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Okay, so there are a couple weird things that I read online that turned out to work and was wondering if anyone knew the science behind them.

Weird thing #1:

When using a key fob to unlock your car from a distance, when you are not in range to lock or unlock your vehicle, hold the key fob to your head and the signal will now reach (I have done this many times, it works!)

Weird thing #2:

To determine the sex of an animal (or human for that matter), take a piece of metal like a nail and suspend it on the end of a string. Hold the string over the animal's head or you can use head or palm for humans, and if they are female, the nail will begin to move in counter-clockwise circles, if they are male, it will move back in forth in a straight line.

I tested that on everyone in my house and it was 100% correct every time! I tried it on my parrots and found that one was a male and the other a female, after having them sexed by the bird farm I discovered the tool was 100% correct again!

[Image: 56456821.jpg]

The first one, I believe, had to do with the water in your body. Something about the electromagnetic waves. I can't seem to find it right now, but I remember a demonstration where it works with a jug of water as well.

The second one, I don't know. If I were to take a stab in the dark about it, I'd think it's the ideomotor effect. The same effect that makes people think Ouija boards are moving on their own. To test this, I'd suspend the nail from a stationary object like your ceiling and see if there's any movement at all.

1. "Ugly, ugly bags of mostly water!". Angel Not really. There may be a reflection of the RF radiation off a person's skull that sends more power forward to the vehicle's receiver. This would depend on the mode that the fob radiates RF in- circularly polarized (CP) or linearly polarized (LP). I haven't looked it up, but if I had to bet, it would be CP, as the rotational orientation of the remote should not be expected to matter (or really, to be accounted for). But as a control case, the person ought to do it while stationary, to avoid having it happen simply because they are now closer to the vehicle than when the first attempt was made.

2. Agreed, for method.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post