Searching within a thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2015, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 01:27 PM by Dusky.)
RE: Searching within a thread
<SNIP>

Disregard.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2015, 02:46 PM
(01-05-2015 07:20 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 07:11 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  SMERCURY seems to be getting the result I'm looking for, however, I can't seem to duplicate what she's getting, I'm getting what you're getting GM.

Search for the keywords that you want, not the author's name. When you get the results click on the "author" column header and it will sort the results by author and that will let you scroll down and look only at posts by that person.

It isn't quite what you are looking to be able to do but it comes close.

That yields searches that provide an improvement over the normal search results, thanks.

I did a search with "goodwithoutgod" as author and "Moses" as the search term. It returned all threads which goodwithoutgod used the term "Moses", however; it did not take me directly to where this mention of Moses occurred within the thread, so a 50+ page thread still had to be combed through to find that particular post. Undecided

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
01-05-2015, 04:00 PM
(01-05-2015 02:46 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I did a search with "goodwithoutgod" as author and "Moses" as the search term. It returned all threads which goodwithoutgod used the term "Moses", however; it did not take me directly to where this mention of Moses occurred within the thread, so a 50+ page thread still had to be combed through to find that particular post. Undecided

If you are using the general search (all threads) then there is an option to "show results by post" instead of "by thread".

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP