Seatbelts On School Buses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 11:30 AM by Misenhelter.)
Seatbelts On School Buses
http://news.yahoo.com/1-dead-kids-ok-n-i...40965.html

Does the government need to pay attention more to childrens saftey?

But... thoughts?

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: Seatbelts On School Buses
Quote:and they are rarely if ever driven fast.

Obviously never been on a school bus...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-04-2013, 08:07 PM
(05-04-2013 07:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:and they are rarely if ever driven fast.

Obviously never been on a school bus...

My mother is actually a school bus driver and She , and most of her co-workers, think it's a joke that they do not have seat belts.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-04-2013, 08:32 PM
(05-04-2013 07:56 PM)Misenhelter Wrote:  http://news.yahoo.com/1-dead-kids-ok-n-i...40965.html could they of prevented injury or would it of even mattered? My opinion: School busses are one of the safest modes of transport WITHOUT seatbelts. The rules of the road favor them over just about everything except emergency vehicles. They have multiple visibility devices, and they are rarely if ever driven fast. They are big enough that very few vehicles can actually threaten the occupants in a collision.

Strobes, slow and stop lights, stop signs, drivers have CDLs, and in many cases years of experience, automatic tire chains...and the seat backs are usually padded. They're going to be pretty safe with or without seatbelts. And since the driver is the only one who can be slammed into the steering wheel, or through the windshield, they're the only ones who NEED a seat belt.

Does the government need to pay attention more to childrens saftey?

But... thoughts?

I like the idea of seatbelts on school buses just for the sake of teaching kids to use seatbelts when ever they get in a motor vehicle. Its a bit of a mixed message that they don't need to wear seatbelts on a bus but need to wear them in a Chevy Suburban.

Children need consistency.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Have you ever seen a bus flip over and seen what happens to the people inside? Yea, it's rare but it's like sticking marbles in a can and shaking it.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

05-04-2013, 09:54 PM
The backs of the seats are NOT padded. At least they were not in the three school districts I attended between 1996 and 2009

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
05-04-2013, 10:13 PM
(05-04-2013 09:54 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  The backs of the seats are NOT padded. At least they were not in the three school districts I attended between 1996 and 2009

Padding is only installed in the back seats of long school buses. You musta rode a short school bus where back seat padding was omitted.
06-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Requiring seat belts on school buses would be a violent, statist intrusion on the rights of parents to have their children flung about like rag-dolls and have their bodies shattered.Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-04-2013, 07:41 AM
No seatbelts on school buses needed, really?. Even if the bus is driving slow it doesnt make it safe from any accidents, plus it offers no protection against anyone crashing into a slow moving bus.
Still think they aren't needed. Watch this.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
06-04-2013, 09:50 AM
(05-04-2013 10:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 09:54 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  The backs of the seats are NOT padded. At least they were not in the three school districts I attended between 1996 and 2009

Padding is only installed in the back seats of long school buses. You musta rode a short school bus where back seat padding was omitted.

Nice insinuation. But nope, multiple buses in Ohio and Texas, all unpadded. Hm, come to think of it I stopped riding the bus around 2007, so more recently than that they may have been padded. But when I was in school they were not, at least not in those districts.

Keep in mind, policies on this sort of thing vary hugely from state to state and district to district.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.