Second law of thermodynamics.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Second law of thermodynamics.
The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system never decreases, because isolated systems always evolve toward thermodynamic equilibrium, a state with maximum entropy.
It implies that the every single particle wants to increase the entropy by getting apart from other particles.
Universe awaits a state full of darkness, shattered particle floating in dark infinity, A state of ULTIMATE FREEDOM but ULTIMATE LONELINESS.
Do you think that the freedom comes with the cost of loneliness ?
What are your thoughts on it ?

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: Second law of thermodynamics.
Particles don't experience loneliness, it's simply a concept felt by sentient beings. I'm not sure what you're trying to express here.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
24-05-2014, 10:47 AM
(24-05-2014 09:37 AM)Meet_Morpheus Wrote:  The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system never decreases, because isolated systems always evolve toward thermodynamic equilibrium, a state with maximum entropy.
It implies that the every single particle wants to increase the entropy by getting apart from other particles.
Universe awaits a state full of darkness, shattered particle floating in dark infinity, A state of ULTIMATE FREEDOM but ULTIMATE LONELINESS.

[Image: what_the_buck_by_illdude324-d5596j5.png]

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post
24-05-2014, 11:07 AM
(24-05-2014 09:37 AM)Meet_Morpheus Wrote:  What are your thoughts on it ?

I think it sucks as a chat-up line.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
24-05-2014, 12:53 PM
(24-05-2014 11:07 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 09:37 AM)Meet_Morpheus Wrote:  What are your thoughts on it ?

I think it sucks as a chat-up line.

Shit... And that was my best stuff. Angry

In response to the OP, I like to get philosophical about this kind of thing too. From a purely scientific perspective its nonsense, but I can dig the philosophy and poetry.

In our human existence, absolute freedom usually comes at the cost of loneliness... People who are truly "free" tend to live nomadic lifestyles, drifting from place to place. Its something that has always appealed to me, but I'm not sure if I could live like that.

Watch the film 'Paris, Texas'...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2014, 07:21 AM
First, I must ask why this is in the philosophy section, but yet again you are knew so I can't fault you for that. Now with that out of the way I can lead you too a page on this subject as I only know thermodynamics enough to stop creationist.

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/phys...modynamics

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-05-2014, 10:34 AM
[Image: penguins.png]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
28-05-2014, 10:45 PM
(24-05-2014 09:37 AM)Meet_Morpheus Wrote:  The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system never decreases, because isolated systems always evolve toward thermodynamic equilibrium, a state with maximum entropy.

Particles aren't conscious and they don't want to do anything. They behave according to their natures and in accordance with natural law. I think that physicists postulate that the universe will keep on expanding and eventually die in heat death with all energy tied up in matter. As far as particles go though they have no desire for freedom or fear of loneliness (as far as we know).

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post