Secret Societies and Spirituality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2016, 06:18 PM
RE: Secret Societies and Spirituality
To me it sounds like one of the reasonable sounding conspiracy theory people.

They like to mix facts with assumptions and interpret things into stuff that is simply not there. It is like remember back at school. Reading a poem and forcefully interpreting some deep thoughts into it? Pretty much like that just a few levels more nutty.
Another thing that I often notice with those "x predicted y"
I can go through anything and find a section and say this predicted <enter whatever>. Hindsight and stuff.
About the coded bible. There were actually people who tried to scientifically find if this is true.
They took the whole bible and went science on it. Checked words and pages and phrases patterns and positions of words and letters and numbers of words letters sentences etc etc... They did the same to random novels and found that any random novel is just as good for predicting things as the bible, meaning not at all.
Sadly I cannot find this thing about the bible anymore. I watched it many years ago and can't even remember who made it.

But yea, my advice is really just don't slip into this kind of stuff. For your own mental health.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2016, 07:05 PM
(14-11-2016 06:18 PM)Leela Wrote:  To me it sounds like one of the reasonable sounding conspiracy theory people.

They like to mix facts with assumptions and interpret things into stuff that is simply not there. It is like remember back at school. Reading a poem and forcefully interpreting some deep thoughts into it? Pretty much like that just a few levels more nutty.
Another thing that I often notice with those "x predicted y"
I can go through anything and find a section and say this predicted <enter whatever>. Hindsight and stuff.
About the coded bible. There were actually people who tried to scientifically find if this is true.
They took the whole bible and went science on it. Checked words and pages and phrases patterns and positions of words and letters and numbers of words letters sentences etc etc... They did the same to random novels and found that any random novel is just as good for predicting things as the bible, meaning not at all.
Sadly I cannot find this thing about the bible anymore. I watched it many years ago and can't even remember who made it.

But yea, my advice is really just don't slip into this kind of stuff. For your own mental health.
Thank you! Will do.
14-11-2016, 09:31 PM
As a general rule of thumb, anybody who has found the degree of power and knowledge that this nitwit is talking about doesn't limit themselves to a book and a YouTube channel. They would be fabuously wealthy for no apparent reason, get gutted by the aforementioned secret societies for knowing too much, or be snatched up by the DoD or somesuch. Possibly all of the above. Since he clearly hasn't, you can safely conclude that he's a complete wanker who's blowing smoke up your ass.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
15-11-2016, 06:17 AM
(14-11-2016 09:31 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  As a general rule of thumb, anybody who has found the degree of power and knowledge that this nitwit is talking about doesn't limit themselves to a book and a YouTube channel. They would be fabuously wealthy for no apparent reason, get gutted by the aforementioned secret societies for knowing too much, or be snatched up by the DoD or somesuch. Possibly all of the above. Since he clearly hasn't, you can safely conclude that he's a complete wanker who's blowing smoke up your ass.

That's a good point. Thank you