Secular Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: Secular Morality
(12-05-2014 01:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Be that as it may, I'm not talking about forgiving moral breeches out of desperation, or a will to survive. The major problem with Kant's categorical imperatives is the use of maxims, that are too inflexible to be applied accurately in all instances.
Can you direct me to an immediate list of those imperatives - I want the abridged version - i don't want to study the whole fucking library on the ancient mother-fucker, because most of his shit is older than parts of the fucking bible - you know what I mean?

(12-05-2014 01:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  I'm talking about extreme moral breeches where someone irrevocably affected someone else's life because of poor impulse control, over a number of years.

Someone who repeatedly victimizes another person out of convenience is not worthy of forgiveness. They've done nothing to deserve being forgiven, they have committed multiple crimes for which there were no consequences.
So what's your solution to prevent this in the future - eliminate Christianity???

(12-05-2014 01:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Take for instance an example where a brother rapes his sister repeatedly from the time she is 12 to 14, and when confronted years later says he has "nothing to apologize for; he's already gotten over it". How does someone like that, who obviously doesn't understand or care about the impact of their actions, because they have no consequences to them deserve forgiveness?
What do you want to do to the perpetrator - what is justice for this violation? What is the victim worth??? 12 year-old-girl should know how to avoid the intrusion.

(12-05-2014 01:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Christianity is a cancer that leaves this kind of person to fester like an open sore, relying on some future "divine judgement" that will never happen.
What do you think we should do for that victime - what do you do for them, by the way? Love one??? I feel so sorry for you.

(12-05-2014 01:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Here you have someone who has basically destroyed the formative years of another human being, to the point that two fucking decades later they will wake up screaming, and take 15 minutes to be convinced there's no one else in the room, and this person "deserves to be forgiven" because "we all do things we regret"?
You are so compassionate, and caring - you are my hero!

(12-05-2014 01:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  They don't regret anything, they've rationalized it away with the help of the victim, who refuses to come forward and spread the pain to the rest of the family, like the majority of victims.

Christianity in fact states that this person isn't even worthy of punishment if they say they're "really really sorry," not even to the victim, but to God. Hands washed, everything's hunky-dory, they go to heaven with no questions asked.

What the fuck? How is that acceptable?

What do you want to do about it - just pride yourself on the fact that you believe that if we just eradicate Christianity that will prevent it for the future???

You ever think that there are all kinds of problems with the world and your sexual abuse problem is just a part of it - let's fix the whole fucking shebang?

Ultimately the problem has to do with the inadequacy of the social contract that guides society - let's straighten it out. All kinds of things need to be fixed and I doubt if you are going to be able to put together the ultimate system - you aint cool with the Christians. All you do is whine.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2014, 04:38 PM
(12-05-2014 06:12 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  People want easy and quick answers in general but because the argument of ethics and morality is a complex one, the less interested or intelligent among us don't follow on and get lost, this is a massive contributor to the 'because God', crowd.

Yeah, it has to do with the social contract that guides the society - how are rules for the community to be determined?

It's so fucking difficult for those Christians to figure it out. The United States Constitution was devised to eliminate Christianity just like it worked on eliminating slavery, and the Christians need understand this and go away with their stupid god shit.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
12-05-2014, 04:44 PM
What about dictionary definitions?

Quote:mo·ral·i·ty
məˈralətē,mô-/Submit
noun
noun: morality
principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.
synonyms: ethics, rights and wrongs, ethicality More
virtue, goodness, good behavior, righteousness, rectitude, uprightness;
morals, principles, honesty, integrity, propriety, honor, justice, decency;
ethics, standards/principles of behavior, mores, standards
a particular system of values and principles of conduct, especially one held by a specified person or society.
plural noun: moralities
"a bourgeois morality"
the extent to which an action is right or wrong.
"behind all the arguments lies the issue of the morality of the possession of nuclear weapons"

Not sure why you'd bring your bottle of lotion and box of Kleenex into this thread and set up a jack-off station, but it's disturbing you would do so in response to years of abuse.

Do you also whip your dick out at funerals?

[Image: featured.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
12-05-2014, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 05:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-05-2014 04:44 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Not sure why you'd bring your bottle of lotion and box of Kleenex into this thread and set up a jack-off station, but it's disturbing you would do so in response to years of abuse.

Goddamit TrainWreck. Your responses to AIEverywhere started out pretty good and I was thinking "When the fuck did TrainWreck go all lucid on us and whatnot?" And then you whipped out your dick and went all in with "Let me tell you what I know about the Negro." Weeping

And why do you continue to conflate secularism and atheism? They are orthogonal. There are secular political organizations which atheists will generally support but they are orthogonal.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-05-2014, 04:59 PM
1. Religious "Carrot on a Stick" theory - Conduct yourself in a manner consistent with our ideals and you get rewarded for eternity.

2. Religious "Gun to Head" theory - Conduct yourself in a manner consistent with our ideals or you'll be punished for eternity.

3. Secular - Unless you are truly mentally defective, you know the difference between right and wrong and don't need Big Spooky to tell you how to act.
Enjoy your time on Earth while you are here because when you die, that's it, you're dead.

I pick #3.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-05-2014, 05:40 PM
(12-05-2014 04:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 04:44 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Not sure why you'd bring your bottle of lotion and box of Kleenex into this thread and set up a jack-off station, but it's disturbing you would do so in response to years of abuse.

Goddamit TrainWreck. Your responses to AIEverywhere started out pretty good and I was thinking "When the fuck did TrainWreck go all lucid on us and whatnot?" And then you whipped out your dick and went all in with "Let me tell you what I know about the Negro." Weeping

And why do you continue to conflate secularism and atheism? They are orthogonal. There are secular political organizations which atheists will generally support but they are orthogonal.

Crazy people may have lucid moments, but they're still crazy. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-05-2014, 05:43 PM
(12-05-2014 04:59 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Enjoy your time on Earth while you are here because when you die, that's it, you're dead.

What do we do about the overpopulation of stupid and welfare people, like me - what you want do about that?

12-05-2014, 07:04 PM
(12-05-2014 04:44 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Not sure why you'd bring your bottle of lotion and box of Kleenex into this thread and set up a jack-off station, but it's disturbing you would do so in response to years of abuse. Do you also whip your dick out at funerals?
What's your solution to prevent the problem in the future?

(12-05-2014 04:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Goddamit TrainWreck. Your responses to AIEverywhere started out pretty good and I was thinking "When the fuck did TrainWreck go all lucid on us and whatnot?" And then you whipped out your dick and went all in with "Let me tell you what I know about the Negro." Weeping
i know you find black people to be impressively brilliant, bit i find them to be just as stupid as the Christians - they believe all the same shit, yet they know white people are corrupt.

Nelson Mandela died knowing that educated black people would rather cry of oppression in America than help him organize a country for black people. The whole world is beginning to recognize this and black people will probably be the last to recognize it, because of their vicarious and zealous identification with a black man being president of the historically "prejudiced," and corrupt, United States government. It is a good guess that Mandela refused to see President Obama, because of this dilemma; and world leaders are converting political slights at his expense.

(12-05-2014 04:44 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  And why do you continue to conflate secularism and atheism? They are orthogonal. There are secular political organizations which atheists will generally support but they are orthogonal.

You have "secularism," incorrect, and conflated the terms.

12-05-2014, 07:27 PM
(12-05-2014 07:04 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 04:44 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Not sure why you'd bring your bottle of lotion and box of Kleenex into this thread and set up a jack-off station, but it's disturbing you would do so in response to years of abuse. Do you also whip your dick out at funerals?
What's your solution to prevent the problem in the future?

(12-05-2014 04:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Goddamit TrainWreck. Your responses to AIEverywhere started out pretty good and I was thinking "When the fuck did TrainWreck go all lucid on us and whatnot?" And then you whipped out your dick and went all in with "Let me tell you what I know about the Negro." Weeping
i know you find black people to be impressively brilliant, bit i find them to be just as stupid as the Christians - they believe all the same shit, yet they know white people are corrupt.

Nelson Mandela died knowing that educated black people would rather cry of oppression in America than help him organize a country for black people. The whole world is beginning to recognize this and black people will probably be the last to recognize it, because of their vicarious and zealous identification with a black man being president of the historically "prejudiced," and corrupt, United States government. It is a good guess that Mandela refused to see President Obama, because of this dilemma; and world leaders are converting political slights at his expense.

(12-05-2014 04:44 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  And why do you continue to conflate secularism and atheism? They are orthogonal. There are secular political organizations which atheists will generally support but they are orthogonal.

You have "secularism," incorrect, and conflated the terms.

Why do you even post?

Quote:Secularism
Secularism is a principle that involves two basic propositions. The first is the strict separation of the state from religious institutions. The second is that people of different religions and beliefs are equal before the law. Separation of religion from state.

I'm not going to entertain your "new definition if atheism" argument in this thread. You have a thread, and threads you've already diverted to that topic, that you can fuck off to and continue failing to support it therein.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 4 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
12-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Why is any of this important if everyone here will be dead within five or six decades and will be worm food?