Secular Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: Secular Morality
(12-05-2014 05:43 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 04:59 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Enjoy your time on Earth while you are here because when you die, that's it, you're dead.

What do we do about the overpopulation of stupid and welfare people, like me - what you want do about that?

Crickets Crickets Crickets Crickets
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2014, 10:30 PM
(12-05-2014 07:51 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why is any of this important if everyone here will be dead within five or six decades and will be worm food?

Because your impotent emotionally stunted psychopathic pan-dimensional imaginary space wizard won't be saving us from ourselves, that's why. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-05-2014, 11:33 PM
There is no such thing as a "secular morality".

That sounds like some shit Bavarians would say.

Secularism is merely a guiding principle in government to ensure there is no discrimination on the basis of religion or lack thereof.

I might just ask what "regulatory morality", "speed limit morality" or "diplomatic morality" is.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
13-05-2014, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2014 12:07 AM by GirlyMan.)
(12-05-2014 07:04 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  i know you find black people to be impressively brilliant, bit i find them to be just as stupid as the Christians - they believe all the same shit, yet they know white people are corrupt.

Dude I was born and raised in PG County which means it was never easy for me I was born a poor black child. You wasn't born a poor black child but you are a motherfucking racist. What you jealous of the black dudes getting more money on the street doing beatboxing than your clever signs?

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-05-2014, 01:48 AM
(12-05-2014 07:51 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why is any of this important if everyone here will be dead within five or six decades and will be worm food?

We all will die. Even if your imaginary monster sky-fairy existed; according to your own myths, every one of us still dies. Even, for the moment, supposing that when we die, some part of us would somehow "live on" in some utopian fantastical ghostly form; your myths describe that "transition" to be a consequence of our deaths here "in this world", as you would say.

But our children and grandchildren will still walk this earth after we die, your superstitions notwithstanding.

And, "future worm food" or not, if my actions in the here and now can somehow benefit, *enlighten*, and make life "here in this world" better for our children, our ancestors, and their future neighbors (globally as well as locally), friends, and loved ones, then I can count myself having lived well, and having made a positive difference and a contribution to those who walk this earth behind us, whether they know it or not.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
13-05-2014, 01:51 AM
(13-05-2014 12:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude I was born and raised in PG County blahblahblah...

...THE...PG County?

Sooooooooo......that means the Vienna Raiders kicked your ass, too, right?

Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
13-05-2014, 02:38 AM

This is the kind of reasoning death cults such as Christianity and Islam inspire. It leads to a disrespect for life.

My life and those I care about matter. Now. One reason I have chosen to come off the road and teach instead of touring is because I wish to help young and old musicians with all I have learned. So they can one day pass on their own knowledge and experience. In this small way I can contribute to life and lives. And I teach young musicians also how to teach and care for students.

What I do not do is tell them their current life is nothing but an exam to see if they can live on in yet another life. Life IMO should be about living, not dying.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-05-2014, 03:39 AM

It's important precisely because we'll be dead in five or six decades and will become worm food. It's the only life we have. Let's make it worthwhile.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
13-05-2014, 05:17 AM
(13-05-2014 03:39 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

It's important precisely because we'll be dead in five or six decades and will become worm food. It's the only life we have. Let's make it worthwhile.

worthwhile? do you know how naive and deluded you sound? nothing you or anyone else does ultimately means anything.

but hey, if thats what you like doin then more power to you. there is no reason for you or anyone else not to spend their life doing whatever it is they choose to do.

Whatever it is they choose to do...

Whatever...
13-05-2014, 05:20 AM
(13-05-2014 02:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

This is the kind of reasoning death cults such as Christianity and Islam inspire. It leads to a disrespect for life.

My life and those I care about matter. Now. One reason I have chosen to come off the road and teach instead of touring is because I wish to help young and old musicians with all I have learned. So they can one day pass on their own knowledge and experience. In this small way I can contribute to life and lives. And I teach young musicians also how to teach and care for students.

What I do not do is tell them their current life is nothing but an exam to see if they can live on in yet another life. Life IMO should be about living, not dying.

that sounds so good. its also naive. its a practice in self deception. you are dying right now and those you teach are in a state of steady biological decay. death for you and your loved ones comes swiftly. nothing you have done or will do will amount ultimately to anything.

but its how you choose to spend your time. the fly loves flying around looking for piles of poop and dead carcasses. you like teachin. you like the fly will die and decompose.

do whatever you like! no one can give you one reason why you should not do whatever you want.

whatever you want...anything...you want