Secular Wedding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Secular Wedding
I'm not a huge fan of spamming forums, but I found this website that offers some sample wedding vows for secular weddings. Thought some atheist couples might find these useful!

www.nonreligiousweddings.com

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2012, 11:39 PM
RE: Secular Wedding
(14-04-2012 11:25 PM)publius2k4 Wrote:  I'm not a huge fan of spamming forums, but I found this website that offers some sample wedding vows for secular weddings. Thought some atheist couples might find these useful!

www.nonreligiousweddings.com

Randomness.

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
17-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey awesome link. I look back on my wedding now, and I feel I should have stood up more and denied my in-law's insistance there were Jewish components to the ceremony.
17-04-2012, 04:54 PM
On the Clergy Project Forum, someone posted that there is some sort of organization that licenses "Humanist Celebrants" who would basically serve the social and community functions that we Rev's used to handle: Weddings, Funerals, and other sorts of rites of passage that people want to mark with a ritual, but with a secular theme instead of a goofy religious theme. I just may look into it, althought I'm not really sure it's all that necessary.
Unless I can make some bucks at it. I used to get $200-300 a pop for weddings. About 20 minutes worth of work using pre-made ceremony crap. Not a bad gig if you can get enough business going.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-04-2012, 06:01 PM
(17-04-2012 04:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Unless I can make some bucks at it. I used to get $200-300 a pop for weddings. About 20 minutes worth of work using pre-made ceremony crap. Not a bad gig if you can get enough business going.

GirlyBoy thought he was getting a deal with $50 for a secular wedding. I told him "Son, you're getting married by a witch with magic potions in the background. You Wiccan now."

[Image: wiccan.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-04-2012, 06:16 PM
@ Girly - he totally looks like a 'chip off the ol' block'. Looks like he's about to break out dancing lol

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
17-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Did he marry himself or the witch?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-04-2012, 06:42 PM
(17-04-2012 06:16 PM)aurora Wrote:  @ Girly - he totally looks like a 'chip off the ol' block'. Looks like he's about to break out dancing lol

Yeah, that's why I keep telling him to get his testosterone levels checked. He says, "Well now I'm scared too." I says, "Yup, that's a symptom." Wink

(17-04-2012 06:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Did he marry himself or the witch?

lol. Only pic I had with both the witch and the magic potions. Here's the 3 of them for your voyeuristic pleasure. ... I was tempted to ask whether you'd got laid yet but then immediately realized it was a rhetorical question. Big Grin

[Image: wedding.jpg]

17-04-2012, 06:43 PM
(17-04-2012 06:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 06:16 PM)aurora Wrote:  @ Girly - he totally looks like a 'chip off the ol' block'. Looks like he's about to break out dancing lol

Yeah, that's why I keep telling him to get his testosterone levels checked. Wink

(17-04-2012 06:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Did he marry himself or the witch?

lol. Only pic I had with both the witch and the magic potions. Here's the 3 of them for your voyeuristic pleasure. ... I was tempted to ask whether you'd got laid yet but then immediately realized it was a rhetorical question. Big Grin

Of course not...but that witch is looking pretty fine. Does GirlyBoy still have her number? Confused

And more importantly, how the hell did your progeny end up with a beautiful bride like that?

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-04-2012, 06:49 PM
(17-04-2012 06:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 06:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, that's why I keep telling him to get his testosterone levels checked. Wink

Of course not...but that witch is looking pretty fine. Does GirlyBoy still have her number? Confused

She's in Ashland, OR. That's still almost a days drive for you, but it might be worth it. I'll see if I can hook you up. Wink

(17-04-2012 06:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And more importantly, how the hell did your progeny end up with a beautiful bride like that?

They fell in love as virtual characters in some online game called World of Warcraft. Don't fuckin' ask me how that happens?!?