Secular Wedding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2015, 06:49 AM
RE: Secular Wedding
Do you have a friend willing to be ordained and officiate the ceremony?

American Marriage Ministries

Laws vary from state to state, so be sure to dot your i's and cross your t's.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2015, 05:06 AM
We hired a Justice of the Peace to come to our apartment--which is where we got married--and specifically made sure the service selected would have no mention of god (or female obedience to the husband). This was in Massachusetts. As long as you aren't trying to get married in a church, I think you'll be able to find someone able to officiate at the venue of your choice.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
15-06-2015, 06:27 PM
My son found a wiccan in Ashland, Oregon willing to do it for $50. She was low bidder so he ran with it. Still not sure what sorta strange brew she was concocting in the background.

[Image: wiccan.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-06-2015, 02:41 PM
I don't have any advice to give unfortunately, but my girlfriend and I also live in Kansas (Northeast area) and have talked about how we would go about a secular wedding. I'd love to see/hear what you wind up finding out or going with.
22-06-2015, 04:44 PM
When my gay friends married recently it was by JP. Neither had any religious affiliation and only a modicum of interest in a deity.