"Secularism" as a front for religion-motivated laws in Quebec

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 12:48 AM
RE: "Secularism" as a front for religion-motivated laws in Quebec
(21-11-2013 10:25 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Sure, a culture trying to survive because it's surrounded by 40 times as many English speakers has to be right wing and racist says an English speaking progressive like you!!!

A culture "trying to survive"? Have you been to Quebec, or Canada, for that matter? Also, '40 times'? Really? If you're going to claim that a culture is under threat, you should at least try bringing facts to the table.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2013, 08:37 AM
So to consider yourself an expert on that province, you must speak French very well right?

(21-11-2013 11:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:18 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Are you sure you lived in Montreal?
Those terrorists were only a few guys and there was no need to take away the rights of all Canadians like Trudeau did (something that makes the Patriot act look like candy).
The Parti Quebecois denounced those terrorists and was never violent.
May I point to you that there are only 7 million French Canadians and that if those language laws, which started before the Parti Quebecois even existed, had not been voted decades ago, there would probably be no French in Canada now.
You seem to think that a minority is bullying a crushing majority.

Yes, I'm quite sure.
The majority in La Belle Province is Francophone.
22-11-2013, 08:40 AM
(22-11-2013 08:37 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  So to consider yourself an expert on that province, you must speak French very well right?

(21-11-2013 11:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, I'm quite sure.
The majority in La Belle Province is Francophone.

What is your fucking problem? I was born there and I lived there.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Facts?
7000000 speak French in North America, times 40 that's 280000000 right?
How many people speak English you moron?

(22-11-2013 12:48 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:25 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Sure, a culture trying to survive because it's surrounded by 40 times as many English speakers has to be right wing and racist says an English speaking progressive like you!!!

A culture "trying to survive"? Have you been to Quebec, or Canada, for that matter? Also, '40 times'? Really? If you're going to claim that a culture is under threat, you should at least try bringing facts to the table.
22-11-2013, 08:44 AM
So no French! I knid of thought you would just get agressive.
Au revoir!

(22-11-2013 08:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 08:37 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  So to consider yourself an expert on that province, you must speak French very well right?

What is your fucking problem? I was born there and I lived there.
22-11-2013, 10:04 AM
I just love cybernat trolls. Or is that loathe... they're such similar words.

Because when a man in Quebec says, "my cultural identity and right to free expression are being challenged by the majority in my jurisdiction", there are two ways to interpret it.

If by jurisdiction he means Canada/North America, while he himself is French-Canadian - goddamn right he should be loud and proud and raising hell. If by jurisdiction he means Quebec, while he himself is a west-end Montrealer - eh. Fuck that guy.

I also like how being born and raised in Quebec means Chas obviously has no right to comment or even have an opinion. It's that kind of attitude which makes the Balkans so harmonious!

... this is my signature!
22-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Chas can comment all he wants, it's his credibility I am chalenging especially after reading his first post which was full of errors.

(22-11-2013 10:04 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I just love cybernat trolls. Or is that loathe... they're such similar words.

Because when a man in Quebec says, "my cultural identity and right to free expression are being challenged by the majority in my jurisdiction", there are two ways to interpret it.

If by jurisdiction he means Canada/North America, while he himself is French-Canadian - goddamn right he should be loud and proud and raising hell. If by jurisdiction he means Quebec, while he himself is a west-end Montrealer - eh. Fuck that guy.

I also like how being born and raised in Quebec means Chas obviously has no right to comment or even have an opinion. It's that kind of attitude which makes the Balkans so harmonious!
22-11-2013, 10:25 AM
(22-11-2013 08:40 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Facts?
7000000 speak French in North America, times 40 that's 280000000 right?
How many people speak English you moron?

(22-11-2013 12:48 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  A culture "trying to survive"? Have you been to Quebec, or Canada, for that matter? Also, '40 times'? Really? If you're going to claim that a culture is under threat, you should at least try bringing facts to the table.

I speak English. More people speak Mandarin than English.

My culture is under threat.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
22-11-2013, 10:26 AM
(22-11-2013 10:10 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Chas can comment all he wants, it's his credibility I am chalenging especially after reading his first post which was full of errors.

His first post said that he was in Montreal during the October Crisis.

I'm not sure how stating his personal experience can be "full of errors".

... this is my signature!
22-11-2013, 10:35 AM
(22-11-2013 08:44 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  So no French! I knid of thought you would just get agressive.
Au revoir!

(22-11-2013 08:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  What is your fucking problem? I was born there and I lived there.

Again, what is your fucking problem?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user