"Secularism" as a front for religion-motivated laws in Quebec

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: "Secularism" as a front for religion-motivated laws in Quebec
(22-11-2013 10:10 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Chas can comment all he wants, it's his credibility I am chalenging especially after reading his first post which was full of errors.

(22-11-2013 10:04 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I just love cybernat trolls. Or is that loathe... they're such similar words.

Because when a man in Quebec says, "my cultural identity and right to free expression are being challenged by the majority in my jurisdiction", there are two ways to interpret it.

If by jurisdiction he means Canada/North America, while he himself is French-Canadian - goddamn right he should be loud and proud and raising hell. If by jurisdiction he means Quebec, while he himself is a west-end Montrealer - eh. Fuck that guy.

I also like how being born and raised in Quebec means Chas obviously has no right to comment or even have an opinion. It's that kind of attitude which makes the Balkans so harmonious!

What errors? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Errors were:

The FLQ were a few guys who kidnapped a minister and a diplomat when the federal government declared the war measures act. that was a much stronger response to 2 kidnapping that the patriot act was to 911. Everyone say it was even Trudeau admitted it. So it was not because of the FLQ that Chas lived under that infamy.

The separatist movement was the first to denounce what those few guys (FLQ) were doing, they did not try terrorism first. the separatist movement has never tried violence.

Also, What would you say to a guy who says he was born in Italy and lived there , criticized the Italian government or people and when you asked him is he speaks Italian told you to fuck off?

(22-11-2013 10:26 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 10:10 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Chas can comment all he wants, it's his credibility I am chalenging especially after reading his first post which was full of errors.

His first post said that he was in Montreal during the October Crisis.

I'm not sure how stating his personal experience can be "full of errors".
Find all posts by this user
22-11-2013, 10:40 AM
(22-11-2013 08:40 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Facts?
7000000 speak French in North America, times 40 that's 280000000 right?
How many people speak English you moron?

Your attitude does you no favours.

What does Texas have to do with this? You have to offer something more than "there are more members of group X than group Y in the world, therefore group Y is under threat from group X".

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
22-11-2013, 10:46 AM
So basically, you are saying cultural influence stops at borders.
I think Hollywood will be very sad to hear that.

(22-11-2013 10:40 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 08:40 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Facts?
7000000 speak French in North America, times 40 that's 280000000 right?
How many people speak English you moron?

Your attitude does you no favours.

What does Texas have to do with this? You have to offer something more than "there are more members of group X than group Y in the world, therefore group Y is under threat from group X".
22-11-2013, 10:51 AM
No, influence is global. But being influenced by foreign media isn't the same as having your culture destroyed. If you lose your identity after watching Transformers, you're doing it wrong.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
22-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Whatever!
You obviously want everyone to speak English.

(22-11-2013 10:51 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  No, influence is global. But being influenced by foreign media isn't the same as having your culture destroyed. If you lose your identity after watching Transformers, you're doing it wrong.
22-11-2013, 11:14 AM
(22-11-2013 10:38 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Errors were:

The FLQ were a few guys who kidnapped a minister and a diplomat when the federal government declared the war measures act. that was a much stronger response to 2 kidnapping that the patriot act was to 911. Everyone say it was even Trudeau admitted it. So it was not because of the FLQ that Chas lived under that infamy.

You don't seem to understand cause and effect.

Trudeau activated the War Powers Act (which lots of people across the country thought was going to far, little though that fits in with your persecution complex narrative).

Why?

Because terrorists kidnapped government figures.

(22-11-2013 10:38 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  The separatist movement was the first to denounce what those few guys (FLQ) were doing, they did not try terrorism first. the separatist movement has never tried violence.

What were the goals of the FLQ?

They were separatists too. Deal with it.

No True Scotsman: not just for religions anymore!

(22-11-2013 10:38 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Also, What would you say to a guy who says he was born in Italy and lived there , criticized the Italian government or people and when you asked him is he speaks Italian told you to fuck off?

He'd say the Italian government and the Council of Europe recognise a broad spectrum of language rights.

This is what I pointed out to you earlier.

Language rights of the French Quebecois minority within Canada: from our cold dead hands!
Language rights of anglo/allophone Quebeckers: eh, fuck 'em.

You can pretend it's not ethnic nationalism if you like, but you're not fooling anyone.

... this is my signature!
22-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Ethnic nationalism from a minority!
So Armenians are ethnic cleansers!

There are two types of nationalism, the one of the majority trying to destroy a minority and there's the one of the minority scared that the majority will be nationalist.
You are saying French Canadian are a treat to English Canadians, I’m saying it’s the other way around.

And yes, you sound pretty racist to me.

(22-11-2013 11:14 AM)cjlr Wrote:  

You don't seem to understand cause and effect.

Trudeau activated the War Powers Act (which lots of people across the country thought was going to far, little though that fits in with your persecution complex narrative).

Why?

Because terrorists kidnapped government figures.

(22-11-2013 10:38 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  The separatist movement was the first to denounce what those few guys (FLQ) were doing, they did not try terrorism first. the separatist movement has never tried violence.

What were the goals of the FLQ?

They were separatists too. Deal with it.

No True Scotsman: not just for religions anymore!

(22-11-2013 10:38 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Also, What would you say to a guy who says he was born in Italy and lived there , criticized the Italian government or people and when you asked him is he speaks Italian told you to fuck off?

He'd say the Italian government and the Council of Europe recognise a broad spectrum of language rights.

This is what I pointed out to you earlier.

Language rights of the French Quebecois minority within Canada: from our cold dead hands!
Language rights of anglo/allophone Quebeckers: eh, fuck 'em.

You can pretend it's not ethnic nationalism if you like, but you're not fooling anyone.

@betepolitique on Twitter
22-11-2013, 11:21 AM

The FLQ was a separatist organization. The members were separatists. So I made no error there.

Quote:The separatist movement was the first to denounce what those few guys (FLQ) were doing, they did not try terrorism first. the separatist movement has never tried violence.

The FLQ was a separatist organization. The members were separatists. So I made no error there.

Quote:Also, What would you say to a guy who says he was born in Italy and lived there , criticized the Italian government or people and when you asked him is he speaks Italian told you to fuck off?

Quebec is bilingual. My French was never fluent and is quite rusty after many years in the States.
And I did not tell you to fuck off. Don't make shit up.

You leap to unwarranted conclusions based on your views.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2013, 11:21 AM
(22-11-2013 10:59 AM)BetePolitique Wrote:  Whatever!
You obviously want everyone to speak English.

(22-11-2013 10:51 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  No, influence is global. But being influenced by foreign media isn't the same as having your culture destroyed. If you lose your identity after watching Transformers, you're doing it wrong.

You say that as if it would be a bad thing.

It would certainly do much to remove language barriers and similar problems which to this day interfere with and complicate international affairs...

Also, as a note, more people speak Spanish than English too.

My culture is being attacked by the Spaniards and the Chinese.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.