See? It's not the guns...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2013, 10:25 AM
See? It's not the guns...
Murder rate declines.

Blink Consider Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Chas's post
23-01-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: See? It's not the guns...
As a web enthusiast this cracked me up. IE is by far the worst browser 9 has been much better but still not competitive really.

Talent hits the target no one else can hit, while genius hits the target no one knew existed.
Find all posts by this user
07-03-2013, 10:00 AM
While driving the other day, I heard a radio talk show host announce that a poll was to be taken. 2 telephone numbers were given out; one for "stricter gun control laws", and one for "gun control laws are fine as they are".
I believe the point is being missed here.
Perhaps someone with a thinking mind could research how many "gun crimes" are either dismissed from court altogether or the lawyers reach an "out of court" settlement.
The real poll should have been "are the offenses against existing gun control laws actually being prosecuted and the perps punished to the full extent of the law?" Yes or no.

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
08-03-2013, 02:50 AM
Until the existing gun laws are actually enforced, and we can evaluate their effectiveness, I think it's pointless to debate whether we should have more laws, change them or repeal them. In other words there's been a lawful lot of pointlessness going on. The ironic thing is that all sides of the debate seem to be in favour of enforcing the existing laws. In fact it may be the ONLY thing they agree on. So what the fuck is the problem? Let's get on with it! And if we can at least get close to accomplishing that, we can go back to the present debate. But at least then, it will no longer be pointless.

Oh, BTW, love the chart Chas!
14-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Murder rate declines, but does it mean the rate of people dead as a result of armed conflict does too? 'Kill' and 'murder' are two different things. ;j
Basically, its the people that kill and not the guns--but you cannot kill as many, as fast, as effectively with a knife than a gun - when you are not allowed to aqcuire a gun legally. People are lazy, most of the gun-owners of today would not probably result to illegal markets to gain control of a firearm.

A boy from a family I know via a friend went to USA as an exchange student, went to meet his friend (also a guy) after being invited over. The father of the friend shot the finn boy dead because thought he is a burglar. NO PUNISHMENT because it's ''legal'' to ''defend your property''. Each case is one too many. There's just too many crazy people in the world, and not half of them are responsible.

“A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings intentionally.”
- Oscar Wilde
14-03-2013, 02:02 PM
*snickers* Thanks for that, Chas. Needed that. Yes

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
14-03-2013, 02:06 PM
(23-01-2013 10:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  Murder rate declines.

Blink Consider Thumbsup
Checkmate IE!
30-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Too many gun control threads to decide where to post this. This is the latest so instead of starting a new thread I'll post here. Girly himself is conflicted on gun control, I gotta a bunch of Mossbergs and don't really see why anybody should need anything more than a fucking pump action shotgun to protect themselves, a 12 gauge full of double-aught buck will cut a full grown man in half. But don't see it as my call if someone thinks they need something different. But what is beyond dispute is that Jim Carrey is a goddam motherfucking brilliant satirist. Big Grin

Cold Dead Hand

Breathing - it's more art than science.
31-03-2013, 06:40 AM
(30-03-2013 09:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Too many gun control threads to decide where to post this. This is the latest so instead of starting a new thread I'll post here. Girly himself is conflicted on gun control, I gotta a bunch of Mossbergs and don't really see why anybody should need anything more than a fucking pump action shotgun to protect themselves, a 12 gauge full of double-aught buck will cut a full grown man in half. But don't see it as my call if someone thinks they need something different. But what is beyond dispute is that Jim Carrey is a goddam motherfucking brilliant satirist. Big Grin

Cold Dead Hand

Wrong thread, GMan. You're being serious.Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Re: RE: See? It's not the guns...
(30-03-2013 09:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Too many gun control threads to decide where to post this. This is the latest so instead of starting a new thread I'll post here. Girly himself is conflicted on gun control, I gotta a bunch of Mossbergs and don't really see why anybody should need anything more than a fucking pump action shotgun to protect themselves, a 12 gauge full of double-aught buck will cut a full grown man in half. But don't see it as my call if someone thinks they need something different. But what is beyond dispute is that Jim Carrey is a goddam motherfucking brilliant satirist. :D

Cold Dead Hand

Cut a man in half? You really need to brush up on your terminal ballistics.

If you don't see why anyone needs more then a 5 pump chump, why soo many mossbergs? How many succsessful home invasions have you effected?