See also Five reasons you wont die, Robert Lanza MD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: See also Five reasons you wont die, Robert Lanza MD
(27-04-2015 07:40 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  Fasting in this case has to do with having control over the physical and not allow the physical to have control over you.

Keep fasting long enough and you will see how quickly the physical exerts control over what happens.

Quote:Before I heard or read anything about time and space I learned that time and space is irrelevant when it comes to spirituality.

True, reality is irrelevant when you buy into unsubstantiated woo.

Quote:You would think fasting would distort your perception. It seems to give better focus on spiritual or energy.

Exactly. It distorts your ability to perceive reality.

Quote:One who is a vegetarian you would think their physically weaker. But their healthier.

"Healthier" is debatable but being a vegetarian is not the same as fasting.

Quote:To get off the subject. I read that the heart gives off an electromagnetic field 10 feet around us.

Citation required.

Quote:But I wonder if we can lock onto that field I wonder if we one day be able to created 4D holograms. To take pictures or videos front and back at the same time.

That makes no sense.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
27-04-2015, 10:58 AM
(27-04-2015 08:32 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
Quote:To get off the subject. I read that the heart gives off an electromagnetic field 10 feet around us.

Citation required.
I doubt there will be any citation.
The entire human body generates about 10 to 100 millivolts.
The body couldn't even produce a 10 foot wide electromagnetic field, let alone the heart.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
27-04-2015, 11:04 AM
(27-04-2015 10:58 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 08:32 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Citation required.
I doubt there will be any citation.

I have no doubt that your doubt is well founded.

Quote:The entire human body generates about 10 to 100 millivolts.
The body couldn't even produce a 10 foot wide electromagnetic field, let alone the heart.

Well, theoretically every EM field extends forever but in practical terms you are certainly right. Even if we could detect it (if I remember right sharks, among other species, can detect EM fields at short distances), what would that prove? We know there are EM fields generated by the body and perhaps we could use them to develop a new kind of MRI-like imaging technique I doubt it would be a "4D hologram" or represent anything "spiritual". It would just be another property of the physical body.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
27-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Why does it matter whether there is anything we cannot measure yet or not? Of course there are things we cannot measure as yet. Throughout history we have said we know it all - til someone found bacteria and what have you. I sincerely doubt that we know everything.

But why would it even matter? Anything that may be there when a person dies will go the way everything else on this planet does - it will get fragmented and the fragments will be recycled to benefit something else.

So what is even the point of worrying about whether we know everything or not? Of course we don't know everything, and of course there is nothing that experiences death and doesn't get put through the shredder and reused. Show me one thing that doesn't end up crumbling and being dispersed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-04-2015, 04:53 PM
(27-04-2015 01:48 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  I'll try to make a long story short.

You failed.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-04-2015, 06:29 PM
You guys are funny but in a good way. Thanks for helping me. There's opposition in all things. Tell me one thing that doesn't have opposition. I obviously can't show you one thing that doesn't end up crumbling and being dispersed I could only tell or share one with you. Clinical death. Or near death experience. That intelligence or energy that makes you who you are did not crumble and dispersed when they clinically died and returned to the body after leaving it. They were still the same person when they left the body and the same person when they returned into the body. Going back to the heart electrical field is about 60 times greater in amplitude than the electrical activities generated by the brain. The magnetic field produced by the heart is more than 5000 times greater in strength than the field generated by the brain. But I sure you guys already knew this. Basic science.
27-04-2015, 06:42 PM
(27-04-2015 06:29 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  You guys are funny but in a good way. Thanks for helping me. There's opposition in all things. Tell me one thing that doesn't have opposition. I obviously can't show you one thing that doesn't end up crumbling and being dispersed I could only tell or share one with you. Clinical death. Or near death experience. That intelligence or energy that makes you who you are did not crumble and dispersed when they clinically died and returned to the body after leaving it. They were still the same person when they left the body and the same person when they returned into the body. Going back to the heart electrical field is about 60 times greater in amplitude than the electrical activities generated by the brain. The magnetic field produced by the heart is more than 5000 times greater in strength than the field generated by the brain. But I sure you guys already knew this. Basic science.

Nothing left the body nor did it return except proper stimulation of the heart muscle.

Please supply an actual scientific reference for the rest of that woo.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Clinical death is is an actual scientific reference. An additional to this. The patient outside the body saw the surgeon and others working which was confirmed later to specific details of activities. I'm still waiting for you to share one thing that doesn't have opposition.
27-04-2015, 06:51 PM
(27-04-2015 06:48 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  Clinical death is is an actual scientific reference. An additional to this. The patient outside the body saw the surgeon and others working which was confirmed later to specific details of activities.

Citation required.

Quote:I'm still waiting for you to share one thing that doesn't have opposition.

What? You have said nothing that is worth taking seriously.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Isn't that like a contradiction nothing of worth yet you take time out of your interesting life to give time and effort to my nothingness. Thats really sweet of you. On to the next nothingness.