See also Five reasons you wont die, Robert Lanza MD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: See also Five reasons you wont die, Robert Lanza MD
(27-04-2015 06:57 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  Isn't that like a contradiction nothing of worth yet you take time out of your interesting life to give time and effort to my nothingness. Thats really sweet of you. On to the next nothingness.

You are vaguely amusing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2015, 07:07 PM
(27-04-2015 06:48 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  Clinical death is is an actual scientific reference. An additional to this. The patient outside the body saw the surgeon and others working which was confirmed later to specific details of activities.

Clinical death is not death. People die in stages. Out-of-body experiences can be duplicated by applying EM fields to ares of the brain indicating that they are the product of disrupted brain states which makes perfect sense when somebody is dying. Specific knowledge can come from hearing, guessing, listening to others talk after recovery, etc. There are way too many natural explanations for it to assume that consciousness survives death in any way.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
27-04-2015, 07:41 PM
No measurable brain activity. Explanatory models for NDE can be divided into several broad categories including Psychological, physiological and transcendental explanations. A friend of mine from Portal Rico trained himself to leave his body or astral projection. He said it took him awhile to develop this ability. He said it can be done. He worked with a professor who did his research with an EM scope. Which doesn't really mean much.
27-04-2015, 07:49 PM
(27-04-2015 07:41 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  No measurable brain activity.

There are limits to our ability to measure brain activity. That doesn't mean there isn't still some. It also doesn't mean that the "experience" isn't created by the reviving brain attempting to make sense of really confusing stimuli.

Quote:A friend of mine from Portal Rico trained himself to leave his body or astral projection. He said it took him awhile to develop this ability. He said it can be done. He worked with a professor who did his research with an EM scope.

When he can accurately describe events happening in another location repeatedly under laboratory conditions he can win a prize from the James Randi foundation. Until then, it's just a claim without evidence. Even if shown to be true, it wouldn't be proof of anything specific, only that there is something new to be investigated.

Quote:Which doesn't really mean much.

I couldn't agree more.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-04-2015, 08:40 PM
(27-04-2015 06:57 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  Isn't that like a contradiction nothing of worth yet you take time out of your interesting life to give time and effort to my nothingness. Thats really sweet of you. On to the next nothingness.

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head.) - Plath

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-04-2015, 08:41 PM
(27-04-2015 07:49 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 07:41 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  A friend of mine from Portal Rico trained himself to leave his body or astral projection. He said it took him awhile to develop this ability. He said it can be done. He worked with a professor who did his research with an EM scope.

When he can accurately describe events happening in another location repeatedly under laboratory conditions he can win a prize from the James Randi foundation. Until then, it's just a claim without evidence.
Exactly.
Let him come to us. We'll choose the location we want him to travel to. We''ll set up the environment how we want it. And we'll ask him the details we want to know. If he can do that, then we might be able to talk.

Oh, and PS, "That's not how it works." is not an acceptable response. It's just a cop out.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
27-04-2015, 08:41 PM
According to New Scientist, A cardiac arrest is the same as death. It's just semantics. Medically speaking, death is a biological process. I think we beat this dead horse long enough.
27-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Clinical death and biological death aren't the same thing.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
27-04-2015, 09:14 PM
(27-04-2015 08:41 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  I think we beat this dead horse long enough.

Yes, we all know you're full of shit. That horse is quite beaten indeed.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-04-2015, 09:15 PM
That reminds me I got to go to the restroom.