See-there must be a god!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2010, 05:47 AM
RE: See-there must be a god!
Great responses-thank you. Will employ parts of responses. At times I would like to use the heavy stick. Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2010, 04:19 AM

(12-09-2010 05:47 AM)Dave005 Wrote:  Great responses-thank you. Will employ parts of responses. At times I would like to use the heavy stick. Grin

I realize that the 'stick' comment is facetious ... but ... I really encourage the use of purely rational elements in any discourse with theists. Atheists are not members of any religion and shouldn't lower their arguments to the irrational, provocative words and/or violent deeds of theists.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes 2buckchuck's post
17-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Wow. That article realy beats the sh!t out of the case for a supreme intelligent creator. Craig Venter is an intelligent creator! Let´s all worship him! Big Grin

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
22-09-2010, 12:01 AM

It depends on how light you are on your mental feet as compared to your friends. Can you turn it into a teaching situation? That would be optimal. They are friends, so you don't want to leave visible bruises, but you can, with luck, make the deeper ones think and at least keep the rest entertained.

When I was in high school we spent three weeks doing what was called impromptu speech. One would get up in front of class, and someone would ask a nonsense question which the speaker had to handle. One of mine was, "How might it be convenient if snow were to fall episodically rather than incrementally?" Great class. Toastmasters will give similar confidence, and of course, nothing works like knowing your material.
22-09-2010, 01:07 AM
(17-09-2010 09:15 AM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  Wow. That article realy beats the sh!t out of the case for a supreme intelligent creator. Craig Venter is an intelligent creator! Let´s all worship him! Big Grin

I would rather worship the Norse god Thor. That way I would be able to say,"my god has a hammer, your god got nailed to the cross, any questions?"
22-09-2010, 01:23 AM
(22-09-2010 01:07 AM)No J. Wrote:  I would rather worship the Norse god Thor. That way I would be able to say,"my god has a hammer, your god got nailed to the cross, any questions?"

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
22-09-2010, 01:26 AM
I shoulda known better.
22-09-2010, 04:41 AM
Tell your friends that if a butterfly is unique enough to be made by God, then God took special care in crafting a young boy without arms or legs who wants to be able to walk, but can't, or a boy with mental retardation who is incredibly bright, but can't seem to express himself without being looked down upon, or the socially awkward kid with Asperger syndrome who cries every night because he can't seem to hold onto any friends.

God worked extra nights crafting those children. Way longer than any butterfly.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
22-09-2010, 05:43 AM

(22-09-2010 04:41 AM)jkshrout Wrote:  Tell your friends that if a butterfly is unique enough to be made by God, then God took special care in crafting a young boy without arms or legs who wants to be able to walk, but can't, or a boy with mental retardation who is incredibly bright, but can't seem to express himself without being looked down upon, or the socially awkward kid with Asperger syndrome who cries every night because he can't seem to hold onto any friends.

Another excellent post! Welcome to the board!!
22-09-2010, 09:14 AM
(22-09-2010 05:43 AM)2buckchuck Wrote:  
(22-09-2010 04:41 AM)jkshrout Wrote:  Tell your friends that if a butterfly is unique enough to be made by God, then God took special care in crafting a young boy without arms or legs who wants to be able to walk, but can't, or a boy with mental retardation who is incredibly bright, but can't seem to express himself without being looked down upon, or the socially awkward kid with Asperger syndrome who cries every night because he can't seem to hold onto any friends.

Another excellent post! Welcome to the board!!
Thanks for the warm welcome. Smile

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert