Seeing 222 everywhere?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Seeing 222 everywhere?
Last year a relative that I didn't know died. Family said that he died at 2:22am and went on to talk about how they started seeing 222 everywhere. Seeing it on taxis, power surged microwaves, the like. I sat their thinking it was bs superstition but I began noticing it myself... Walking into a room with the clock saying 2:22, license plates at work, I even thought back to my old Eve Online corporation named 222. And just now playing league I get a total damage of 22,222. I tell myself it's psychological but this is getting ridiculous and making me uneasy. What is the meaning of this? Is it just a psychological thing or what? Whats science behind it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: Seeing 222 everywhere?
Welcome to TTA.

Yup, it's just a natural human thing ... pattern recognition.

My wedding anniversary is 22/2. But I also see 808 everywhere (the name of my ex's ex).

It's irritating ... but it's normal.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
02-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Welcome to TTA, I always notice 714 in random places.
02-05-2016, 09:32 PM
I think its one of those vicious cycle things. The fact others had said they'd noticed it, put it into your mind, and so you started noticing every 222 you could see... The more you notice it, the more you look for it.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2016, 09:33 PM
I tend to notice things like 666, 12 (my lucky number), and 911 easier.

As said, it's probably your brain recognizing a pattern, especially since it's one you have become familiar with. You convince yourself that the number is showing up more, but odds are you're just 'noticing' it more.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
02-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Our brains are good at filtering. We tend to count the hits and not the misses. As others have said, we are also pattern making machines. Google patternicity if you want the science behind it.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-05-2016, 10:50 PM
This is known as the Frequency Illusion.

Quote:The frequency illusion (also known as the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon) is the phenomenon in which people who just learn or notice something start seeing it everywhere. For instance, a person who just saw a movie about sharks might start seeing the word "shark" everywhere. This is not necessarily because the person really has come across more instances of the word "shark"; rather, before seeing the movie, they usually simply passed the word over and quickly forgot it, while later, after having seen the movie, the word started sticking in their memory.

[+] 4 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
02-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Hi Bio - Welcome to he forum. Smile

My brother had never seen a Subaru Outback until I told told him about them. At some point, he researched them and then he bought one. He told me, he now suddeny sees them everywhere ... all years & styles.

Weird, huh? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-05-2016, 08:23 PM
I always see 316 and 420.
04-05-2016, 09:33 PM
the fact that i read this thread.. i got in my car and noticed 222 on the miles. you pointed it out and now im seeing it lol