Seeing Things For What They Are

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2015, 05:48 PM
I just got home and felt compelled to watch some 'Criminal Minds' and sure enough the episode I'm watching is one where Dean Cain plays a gambling addicted serial killer. Why is this relevant? Well this last week I got myself into some real hot water because my gambling addiction just took me to rock bottom.

So after settling in it dawns on me, "Wow isn't it ironic that this just happens to be the episode that's on?". It's almost as if "something" wanted me to see this. Kind of in the way a theist can contribute such mundane things to the plan of God.

Then I shook off the stupidity and pattern seeking and let the full details flow in. It isn't ironic or fateful that this episode is on, its coincidence. The show is airing on ION. ION has and east and west channel on DirecTV. I initially turned the channel to ION East then almost immediately and without thought turned to ION West as it would be still airing episodes already played on East. These episodes are aired in marathon fashion multiple days out of the week.

A believer would ignore the true details of the situation and only see what was convenient to their beliefs. God wanted me to see this episode to learn from my mistake! Praise his glory!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2015, 05:49 PM
RE: Seeing Things For What They Are
FYI I didn't kill anyone to feed my gambling addiction like that rascly old Dean Cain.
30-03-2015, 05:53 PM
(30-03-2015 05:49 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  FYI I didn't kill anyone to feed my gambling addiction like that rascly old Dean Cain.

Praise his noodliness. Angel

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-03-2015, 05:55 PM
It's not even coincidental...

I'm convinced that ION shows nothing BUT Criminal Minds and Law and Order......

You're bound to see something that seems like home....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-03-2015, 06:00 PM
I am in some real trouble though and these last few days I've had to endure lots of "I'll pray for you" and while conducting an interview with OSBI investigator he told me, "You made a mistake but only one man has ever walked this earth mistake free".

I felt obligated to respectfully ignore that remark.
30-03-2015, 06:03 PM
(30-03-2015 06:00 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I am in some real trouble though and these last few days I've had to endure lots of "I'll pray for you" and while conducting an interview with OSBI investigator he told me, "You made a mistake but only one man has ever walked this earth mistake free".

I felt obligated to respectfully ignore that remark.

You may ignore the remark but take to heart that it's time to get some help.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-03-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm looking thoroughly and will probably receive some level of counseling or maybe even inpatient rehab. My family and I are close and they are giving me unwavering support.

I'm not attempting to down play my situation, but it will do me no good to hang my head. I am pretty depressed but I've always had a unique ability to maintain a positive attitude in the darkest of days.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
31-03-2015, 05:43 AM
(30-03-2015 05:48 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I just got home and felt compelled to watch some 'Criminal Minds' and sure enough the episode I'm watching is one where Dean Cain plays a gambling addicted serial killer. Why is this relevant? Well this last week I got myself into some real hot water because my gambling addiction just took me to rock bottom.

So after settling in it dawns on me, "Wow isn't it ironic that this just happens to be the episode that's on?". It's almost as if "something" wanted me to see this. Kind of in the way a theist can contribute such mundane things to the plan of God.

Then I shook off the stupidity and pattern seeking and let the full details flow in. It isn't ironic or fateful that this episode is on, its coincidence. The show is airing on ION. ION has and east and west channel on DirecTV. I initially turned the channel to ION East then almost immediately and without thought turned to ION West as it would be still airing episodes already played on East. These episodes are aired in marathon fashion multiple days out of the week.

A believer would ignore the true details of the situation and only see what was convenient to their beliefs. God wanted me to see this episode to learn from my mistake! Praise his glory!

Dean Cain played an atheist businessman in God's Not Dead. Checkmate atheist. Tongue

I still do this pattern seeking, but I catch myself and get a chuckle at my own expense.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
31-03-2015, 05:52 AM
I catch myself finding these, too, in a humorous way. For instance, if I'm having a bad day and see some strange story on TV, I'll think "Crazy people would go to Lowes and stock up on muriatic acid and ring the neighbor's doorbell."
31-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Hope you can recover from the addiction. Rock bottom should be your wake up call. For some it's six feet under. Personally I like seeing people above ground.

Get better.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post