Seeing Things For What They Are

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2015, 07:30 AM
RE: Seeing Things For What They Are
(30-03-2015 05:48 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  A believer would ignore the true details of the situation and only see what was convenient to their beliefs. God wanted me to see this episode to learn from my mistake! Praise his glory!

Yeah, the self-centeredness of their beliefs is truly astounding. Full disclosure: I did this a lot in my twenties.

"That asshole cut me off. Maybe God made him do that so I wouldn't be in a car accident!"

Also, as mentioned, they totally ignore other inconvenient coincidences. "Wow, all those people in impoverished areas are starving. God must have wanted it!". I mean, what the fuck?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2015, 07:44 AM
Go and get treatment - gambling addiction is very treatable. It's not that hard with proper help - so just go for it!

BTW - gambling addiction is an addiction to pattern seeking - some games more than others. Think about it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
31-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Seeing Things For What They Are
Praise TV!
31-03-2015, 06:27 PM
(30-03-2015 05:48 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I just got home and felt compelled to watch some 'Criminal Minds' and sure enough the episode I'm watching is one where Dean Cain plays a gambling addicted serial killer. Why is this relevant? Well this last week I got myself into some real hot water because my gambling addiction just took me to rock bottom.

So after settling in it dawns on me, "Wow isn't it ironic that this just happens to be the episode that's on?". It's almost as if "something" wanted me to see this. Kind of in the way a theist can contribute such mundane things to the plan of God.

Then I shook off the stupidity and pattern seeking and let the full details flow in. It isn't ironic or fateful that this episode is on, its coincidence. The show is airing on ION. ION has and east and west channel on DirecTV. I initially turned the channel to ION East then almost immediately and without thought turned to ION West as it would be still airing episodes already played on East. These episodes are aired in marathon fashion multiple days out of the week.

A believer would ignore the true details of the situation and only see what was convenient to their beliefs. God wanted me to see this episode to learn from my mistake! Praise his glory!

Dude, Criminal Minds is on ION like 24/7. You can bet on it.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-03-2015, 06:50 PM
(31-03-2015 06:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude, Criminal Minds is on ION like 24/7. You can bet on it.
Hey now. Be fair. They are expanding their programming.
They are now also showing Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.....

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
31-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Nah, it was jebus speakin to ya. You can bet on it. Well maybe YOU shouldn't.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post