Seeing the homeless

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Seeing the homeless
I didn't know where else to put this. A short video on the homeless, something to think about, it certainly made me think.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/23...00574.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
28-04-2014, 04:36 PM
RE: Seeing the homeless
(28-04-2014 04:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I didn't know where else to put this. A short video on the homeless, something to think about, it certainly made me think.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/23...00574.html

I love these kinds of videos.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
28-04-2014, 05:11 PM
wow.

I thought that one guy was going to recognize his wife. I wonder if he talked himself out of it knowing that it probably wasn't her because she isn't actually homeless.

Powerful message.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
28-04-2014, 05:59 PM
I think when you place someone totally out of context and time the mind is tricked or fooled into not recognizing.

I think the reverse is also true, if you were to tell someone that your Uncle Bob had flown in from wherever and was now lost in the airport your mind would start to see Uncle Bob everywhere in the airport as you searched for him even though it may be a fabrication.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
28-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Sad really, I sort of get told I have been robbed when I give a homeless person money. Most of my family thinks they use money for nothing but beer and hookers.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-05-2014, 02:05 PM
If my husband and I go out to eat at a nice restaurant in downtown Portland and have extra food left over we have it boxed up and give it to a homeless person. At least they eat nice food for a short while.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-05-2014, 07:04 PM
I had an experience that broke me from giving to street people so now I just help low income folks with their rents.

03-05-2014, 07:56 AM
There are always homeless at the turnoff to the supermarket. I often buy a small bag of extra food and hand it out the window as I leave. Such a bag may contain sandwich stuff complete with lettuce and tomatoes, meat, cheese etc. Then I add some fruit and milk. If they have dogs, I add dog food too. I never hand out money, only food.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Damn, I got sommin in my eye. Sadcryface

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
03-05-2014, 08:25 AM
An ordinary person with no family, is just a lost job and few rent payments away from being homeless.
pisses me off when people waft on how they offered to buy a homeless person a meal and they were offended when they asked for money instead (you can tell the way they say it, they did no such thing and are just bullshitting for attention).
Give them the fuck-en money and let them do what they want with it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post