Seeking Suggestions for Getting My Hands on a Few Mosquito Nets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: Seeking Suggestions for Getting My Hands on a Few Mosquito Nets
Update #2:

Hit a snag when the person I contacted at Malaria No More asked for my location to make his pitch to their suppliers. I had to run it up my chain of command to make sure I could actually tell him where we were, which took a couple of days. Thankfully, I got it okayed and he's making the pitch right now to see if he can get any of his people to get on board. The next challenge we will need to face will be one of logistics; actually getting the stuff shipped here. I'm already planning what we're going to need to do, but until that time, it's out of my hands.

Do not fear death; fear an empty legacy. --An alcoholic I met in a bar one time
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dozerman's post
16-06-2017, 02:38 PM
(16-06-2017 02:34 PM)Dozerman Wrote:  Update #2:

Hit a snag when the person I contacted at Malaria No More asked for my location to make his pitch to their suppliers. I had to run it up my chain of command to make sure I could actually tell him where we were, which took a couple of days. Thankfully, I got it okayed and he's making the pitch right now to see if he can get any of his people to get on board. The next challenge we will need to face will be one of logistics; actually getting the stuff shipped here. I'm already planning what we're going to need to do, but until that time, it's out of my hands.

Good so glad it was okayed Thumbsup So great what you are doing!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-06-2017, 03:13 AM
(16-06-2017 02:34 PM)Dozerman Wrote:  Update #2:

Awesome stuff ! Not many people would do the things you are doing, so keep on moving and eventually you'll get it done. Just think, as well as the other things you do in the army, this will save lives in the long run as well.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
22-06-2017, 03:38 PM
(19-06-2017 03:13 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Awesome stuff ! Not many people would do the things you are doing, so keep on moving and eventually you'll get it done. Just think, as well as the other things you do in the army, this will save lives in the long run as well.

I sure hope so; things often feel very ambiguous. I'm enjoying this little side project because it's not nearly the same level of ambiguity.

[+] 1 user Likes Dozerman's post
23-06-2017, 03:45 AM
If anything, it's something to do whilst you await you next tour or whatever you guys do when you're not patrolling (can you tell I've never been in the forces?).

15-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Hey all. Sorry I've been quiet on updates; life is busy. We're making steady progress, though we've had to change gears. Malaria no more has gone completely silent after making one last contact about a month ago, but when one door closes, you rent a bulldozer. I've got several organizations (though I have to admit that some are churches) who have pledged support and are actively collecting nets at this moment to send over. On another front, my congressman has gotten word on what we're doing and one of his field reps has gotten in touch with me. On yet another front, I'm going in to talk to our Public Affairs office tomorrow to see about creating a short video that several people have expressed interest in sharing.

As an aside, we recently had CNN do an article on us that I'm comfortable sharing here. I think this paints a decent picture as far as who it is this would be helping and the nature of the conditions these people are in out here:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/21/africa...38AMVODtop

[+] 3 users Like Dozerman's post
16-08-2017, 01:33 AM
Amazing work Dozer! Keep it going bud!

08-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Great news. 238 nets are on their way with another 170 paid for. We did it.

Thank you guys so much.