Seen On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: Seen On Facebook
What I would like to know is what is this "atheist bible?"

Or did the person just pull that out of their ass? Consider

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2015, 10:12 PM
(28-04-2015 10:07 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  What I would like to know is what is this "atheist bible?"

Definitely an ass extraction.
28-04-2015, 10:21 PM
(28-04-2015 10:12 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 10:07 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  What I would like to know is what is this "atheist bible?"

Definitely an ass extraction.

Speaking of ass extractions, I saw this pop on my feed today.

[Image: 2e4zxwz.jpg]

I guess I underestimated these peoples' ability to loophole their way around things...Dodgy

28-04-2015, 10:33 PM

There is no Atheist Bible, because we don't have holy scripture.

That being said, there are a few popular 'holy books' to be sure. Among them the Skeptic Annotated Bible, which is a version of the King James translation but annotated for a skeptical reader. The other of course is the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-04-2015, 11:31 PM
Seen On Facebook
^Ramen ..Yeah ..I must have forgot to pick up my atheist bible when I went back to atheism, because I don't have one.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
29-04-2015, 07:40 AM
(28-04-2015 10:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

There is no Atheist Bible, because we don't have holy scripture.

That being said, there are a few popular 'holy books' to be sure. Among them the Skeptic Annotated Bible, which is a version of the King James translation but annotated for a skeptical reader. The other of course is the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Tongue

I've been looking for the annotated one but it seems that most bookstores don't carry it. I guess I'll have to settle for ordering it online sometime.

29-04-2015, 07:43 AM
(29-04-2015 07:40 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 10:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is no Atheist Bible, because we don't have holy scripture.

I've been looking for the annotated one but it seems that most bookstores don't carry it. I guess I'll have to settle for ordering it online sometime.

I got mine off amazon. I don't recommend getting the kindle version though. Steve Wells also has the whole thing online:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
29-04-2015, 07:47 AM
(29-04-2015 07:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 07:40 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  I've been looking for the annotated one but it seems that most bookstores don't carry it. I guess I'll have to settle for ordering it online sometime.

I got mine off amazon. I don't recommend getting the kindle version though. Steve Wells also has the whole thing online:

I've run into his site before when I was researching certain scriptures right before I officially became an atheist. There's just something about having an actual book in your hand though.

I believe it's on my wishlist already on Amazon, as so many other books are. I'll have to hold off ordering any until I move again though.

29-04-2015, 07:53 AM
(29-04-2015 07:47 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 07:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I got mine off amazon. I don't recommend getting the kindle version though. Steve Wells also has the whole thing online:

I've run into his site before when I was researching certain scriptures right before I officially became an atheist. There's just something about having an actual book in your hand though.

I believe it's on my wishlist already on Amazon, as so many other books are. I'll have to hold off ordering any until I move again though.

I agree--the actual book is much better. I also like his other book Drunk With Blood. That one is good on kindle.
29-04-2015, 10:06 AM
My first thought is that the person who posted the OP FB post had already made her application and was awaiting acceptance. Otherwise she is just an idiot, and I like to give people more credit than that...

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post