Seer and Prophet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 09:37 PM by DLJ.)
Seer and Prophet
Hello All,

I thought maybe Seth would find this interesting. Seer and Prophet being peddled by Pentecostal religions.

You can learn how to see angels and demons by enrolling in these courses offered on these websites. Links removed
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2017, 11:44 PM
RE: Seer and Prophet
...This looks like a bot trying to sell something. Just pointing that out.

(I would suspect a lurker that wants to draw attention to something, but with how it's presented it looks like a bot trying to sell something)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
22-07-2017, 05:49 AM
(21-07-2017 11:44 PM)JesseB Wrote:  ...This looks like a bot trying to sell something. Just pointing that out.

(I would suspect a lurker that wants to draw attention to something, but with how it's presented it looks like a bot trying to sell something)

> That explains why the link was removed. Big Grin
22-07-2017, 06:15 AM
We already have a prophet here. We don' need no stinkin more prophets. One is enough.

If God Bob needs a seer, he'll tell us.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-07-2017, 06:16 AM
(22-07-2017 05:49 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 11:44 PM)JesseB Wrote:  ...This looks like a bot trying to sell something. Just pointing that out.

> That explains why the link was removed. Big Grin

I think the Mods usually remove the links in an intro post (if I'm remembering correctly or maybe I'm thinking of another forum I go to Consider. ). Or they might have removed them if they links weren't working.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-07-2017, 06:16 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-07-2017, 06:18 AM
(21-07-2017 09:30 PM)moonferona Wrote:  Hello All,

I thought maybe Seth would find this interesting. Seer and Prophet being peddled by Pentecostal religions.

You can learn how to see angels and demons by enrolling in these courses offered on these websites. Links removed

The idea of a magical future teller is not unique as a motif to monotheism. "Oracle" "soothsayers" are also different words for "seer and prophet". Polytheism long prior to the modern monotheism of Abraham had those ideas too. Even the first depictions of the first Buddha are rooted in the mythology of his mother Queen Maya being told by the divine world as being the future mother of the one boy who would grow up to bring wisdom to the world.

But even outside religion, you also have his motif in the entertainment of antiquity such as Oedipus The King, where the "oracle" tells him that he murdered his dad and married his mother not having been "eyewitness".

In both monotheism and polytheism in antiquity the success of a society was falsely attributed to the divine world and associated to the ruling and warrior class.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2017, 07:15 AM
You can also learn to see angels and demons by using any number of steet drugs.

This also has the advantage of not tying up your Sunday mornings...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-07-2017, 08:38 AM
"Links removed"

Didn't see that coming. Drinking Beverage
22-07-2017, 08:46 AM
(22-07-2017 08:38 AM)Fireball Wrote:  "Links removed"