Self Deletion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Self Deletion
I have not seen one anywhere, but I would like a option to delete any post or thread we make ourselves.

A double post happens, a already existing topic, or we posted a comment we later regret. We need an option to delete the crap we post regardless of how old, quoted, or whatever.

It would also keep the history cleaner when threads that should or wanted to be deleted are gone and not cluttering up anything. Not to mention, make us feel safer knowing that even our big mistakes can be erased and washed away.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: Self Deletion
I am in a group on Facebook where this topic just came up tonight and the reason they don't let it happen is because if you are the originator of the thread then people who have a vested interest in the thread might want to see it continue for obvious reasons. Also, it can hurt the owner of the site if people have the ability to delete what they post (ie offensive material, etc). Plus it'll be anarchy.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
27-12-2014, 08:02 PM
(27-12-2014 07:56 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I have not seen one anywhere, but I would like a option to delete any post or thread we make ourselves.

Not gonna happen here. Once you go stupid you wear it.

#sigh
[+] 17 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-12-2014, 08:06 PM
(27-12-2014 08:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 07:56 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I have not seen one anywhere, but I would like a option to delete any post or thread we make ourselves.

Not gonna happen here. Once you go stupid you wear it.
This. If you want to have your personal information or anything like that removed from TTA, you can always send a PM to one of the mods about it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
27-12-2014, 10:21 PM
you can also click the report button on the post, which will flag it for the forum team, and give you an area to explain.

but posts arent deleted.

and I think the ability to edit a post is limited somehow too, IIRC?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
28-12-2014, 07:06 AM
[Image: RHQCOSN.jpg]

Had to be done. Tongue

That privilege was abused to fuck, so, no.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-12-2014, 07:11 AM

A double post happens, a already existing topic, or we posted a comment we later regret. We need an option to delete the crap we post regardless of how old, quoted, or whatever.

It would also keep the history cleaner when threads that should or wanted to be deleted are gone and not cluttering up anything. Not to mention, make us feel safer knowing that even our big mistakes can be erased and washed away.

As it's been said, it wont happen.

It keeps us honest, you see.. Well mostly...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-12-2014, 07:18 AM
lol...

[Image: oscar.png]
28-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Oh, I have seen terrible abuse of this function (not here). Two very active but disgruntled people managed to turn an entire forum into incoherent babble by deleting everything they ever posted.

No way in hell is that a good idea! Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-12-2014, 07:26 AM
(28-12-2014 07:24 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, I have seen terrible abuse of this function (not here). Two very active but disgruntled people managed to turn an entire forum into incoherent babble by deleting everything they ever posted.

No way in hell is that a good idea! Confused

I would like to think we're more stable than that...

Of course, not everything we'd like to think is the reality of it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.