Self Harm (a question I stumbled upon)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2011, 05:34 PM
RE: Self Harm (a question I stumbled upon)
Gotta stay away from that Twilight stuff, Preach. Wink

"You think it's a weakness? Make it a strength. It's part of you. Use it"

Esposito to Kate on the episode of Castle I just watched. Named myself ellenjanuary, which turned a weakness into a strength. I have zero desire to explain how the razor works because I ain't justifying shit. What is not known - what may not be knowable - is how the mind actually works. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-12-2011, 06:34 AM
Advice given to someone close to me; “Get a fat rubber band like they put around letters, slip it over your wrist and every time you want to harm yourself give it a big pull till it’s fully stretched…
Now let it go.”
Hurts, leaves a big red welt for a while but no long term scars.
No infection ether.

For scars get some bio oil.
Helps them fade.
And those who are in pain now may not want the reminders in the coming years.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Karl's post
05-12-2011, 09:59 AM

I've attempted suicide twice.
Both times, with pills.

The first time I was convinced that:
I wasn't loved.
I was just invisible to the world.
Then this guy, that I care about deeply, calls me when he finds out what's going on.
He's bawling his eyes out, & begging me not to do it.
I argued that "NO. It's not going to get better."
"I die, if you do.
So I gave up.

The second time, was because of a guy that I loved.
I was a stupid fucking idiot & I cheated on him.
Honestly, I was mad at the world & didn't know what I was doing -though those are not good excuses, I know.-
After we broke up, I carved the word love from my right wrist to my elbow.
I went weeks without anyone finding, hoping I would just forget it.
Although, I was reminded of the pain, everytime I looked at myself.
(The same guy from time one) found out what I had done to myself, & stopped talking to me for months, because he was very disappointed in me.

I haven't tried since.
Currently, I have amazing friends, I'm happy, & I think that I may be in love.

Life is a journey, not a destination.
Just go along for the ride, & avoid as many obstacles as you can.
But, don't EVER give up.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like calmyourtitsbro's post
05-12-2011, 10:18 AM
(05-12-2011 09:59 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  I haven't tried since.
Currently, I have amazing friends, I'm happy, & I think that I may be in love.

Life is a journey, not a destination.
Just go along for the ride, & avoid as many obstacles as you can.
But, don't EVER give up.

I should clarify, I didn't "Like" your post because you tried to kill yourself. I liked that you figured out not to give up! My encouragement to you (that comes from my own experience with the topic) is to add to your list of reasons for living. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but friends will come and go, and so will the feelings of love. People have a bad habit of letting other people down from time to time.
So what will get you through those times? Don't EVER give up! Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
05-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Erxomai, what I usually say in times of depression due to losing a friend, or battle, or anything relative-- everything that breaks, that doesn't work out, you collect a piece from, and it benefits you in the future. And every piece you pick up, sooner or later, depending on how many or how few pieces, will somewhat fit together, and really start to define you as a person based on your experiences.
05-12-2011, 10:24 AM

(05-12-2011 10:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I should clarify, I didn't "Like" your post because you tried to kill yourself. I liked that you figured out not to give up! My encouragement to you (that comes from my own experience with the topic) is to add to your list of reasons for living. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but friends will come and go, and so will the feelings of love. People have a bad habit of letting other people down from time to time.
So what will get you through those times? Don't EVER give up! Smile

During those times...
Honestly, I think I will turn in a hermit & please myself constantly. Wink

I'm being serious.
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Any kind of pain you cause on yourself when you're under serious stress is a way to release preassure in one short burst.
And even if it is considered a bad thing to cut yourself or things like that it is still better than killing yourself don't you think. Sorry if that sounds hard.

Stress someones' brain enough and you will reach a point, and I promise, with everyone, when they would love to cause some pain on themselves to make whatever it is stop.
There is a form of therapy that is foccused on what they call ressources. So you figure out things that help you when you are deep down.
These can be all kinds of things. For people who normally would hurt themselves in a way that leaves scars there are actually things recommended that hurt but will not leave you with scars for life. Just for example, holding an icecube, snipping a rubberband on your skin, push ups on your fists instead of flat hands,...
It's small steps you have to go in such cases. If they can aggree to do this small step (away from the razor blade and towards the rubber band for example) it is exactly that one small step in the right direction.

Not saying everyone should hurt themselves when they feel bad (and it doesn't work for everyone like that anyway) but for those who wanna help friends who can't stop cutting or chainsmoking or whatever when they feel bad, I thought I 'd give this input.
Btw this is only a part of the whole therapy so of course you should maybe send them to a professional after/while getting them to stop cutting.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post