Self-Harm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: Self-Harm
(25-01-2013 12:16 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  So I went to my appointment and it went WONDERFUL.
Mr. Thorn asked me to color a human body thing according to my levels of anger, depression, and insecurity (kind of like what Lilo does for Stitch).
But afterwards, my parents just yelled at me and are making me stay at my grandparents all weekend because they don't want to be around me. Basically all because I said I was upset because of mostly them.
I don't get to see my boyfriend until HOPEFULLY next weekend and it really sucks but whatever.
Anyway, there is my trip summary.
I'm glad to hear you went and that the appointment went well. Thumbsup

Sorry to hear about your parents' reaction though. It sounds like they need their own therapy. Ohmy They should be happy that you're getting some help and not make it into their issue.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
29-01-2013, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 09:00 PM by Lienda Bella.)
Oh no. No I would never say "just stop doing it." To me, that’s condescending. It’s
like saying “I know you’re weak with no control.” I know they might be
ignorant, but that’s how the message has felt for me personally. I’m pretty
sure that every person wants to feel control over themselves. In my own experience
with hitting, you can't 'just stop it' because it's a brain chemical kind of problem
with the trigger being rooted in the past somewhere. It’s fast and intoxicating
depending on what and how much the reminder of the little root thing is.
Also, if you and I do it plenty of other people do to.
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
06-02-2013, 01:01 PM
To everyone that reads this thread, I just wanted to stop by and inform everyone that I have stopped going to counseling.
Some verbal abuse and discomfort was present in my last session and I don't feel comfortable going back, at least to there.
I'm sorry if I have disappointed any of you, but I just couldn't do it anymore.

Sadly to say, I have reverted back to self-harm..
I'm sorry.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2013, 01:06 PM
(06-02-2013 01:01 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  To everyone that reads this thread, I just wanted to stop by and inform everyone that I have stopped going to counseling.
Some verbal abuse and discomfort was present in my last session and I don't feel comfortable going back, at least to there.
I'm sorry if I have disappointed any of you, but I just couldn't do it anymore.

Sadly to say, I have reverted back to self-harm..
I'm sorry.
You dont have to apologise to any of us... its not a race to "get better"

Take it at your own pace on your own terms.

You dont disapoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe. (I wish I could show you how brave you are)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
06-02-2013, 01:07 PM
There are only two things you need to do right now:

1. Find a better therapist right away
2. Quit hurting yourself. It's not fixing your problems so just knock it off.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
06-02-2013, 01:07 PM
(06-02-2013 01:06 PM)bemore Wrote:  You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe.
This comment, right here, honestly has been the biggest thing to give me hope on my race to "get better".
Thank you so much.

bemore

[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
06-02-2013, 10:01 PM
I was never a cutter, I was a pill popper and a pyro, but I never decided to cut. I am a pussy when it comes to harming myself. Have you tried taking a break, I mean a willing one, away from your parents? It seems like what they are doing might affect you negatively and I was wondering how you act or respond to them while you are in another location.

If you could take a break from your parents, I would try it out. You might be leased stressed out and have a better perspective on your life.

Linky, you are amazing and if I had the power and the money to come down there and support you, I would. Hell, if you could make it to Indiana, I probably would fight tooth and nail for you to stay over at my place. We have like four bedrooms that you could use Tongue

All you have to do is be weary of my asshole brother and act like a proper fundamentalist conservative Christian and my parents will love you. Hell, if you play it right they might beg you to marry me Confused Confused

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
06-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Remember this is all as a result of other people's actions... as the victim, you are not the cause... I dunno how to put it. Don't feel that there's something wrong with you. Anyway, Bemore said it best Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-02-2013, 12:43 PM
(06-02-2013 10:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Linky, you are amazing and if I had the power and the money to come down there and support you, I would. Hell, if you could make it to Indiana, I probably would fight tooth and nail for you to stay over at my place. We have like four bedrooms that you could use Tongue
Hell, if you play it right they might beg you to marry me Confused Confused
A2 you're a sweetie-pie.
Maybe I'll grab a map, some money, and a backpack full of sandwiches and head that way right now, on foot.
Sounds like a good deal to me.

Marriage hm?
You don't seem too excited about that. Undecided

bemore

07-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Have you been prescribed any meds? If so, make sure you stay on them. If not ask a doc. about it, and make sure you communicate its affects with him/her.