Self-Harm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2013, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 12:43 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Self-Harm
(19-02-2013 08:39 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  Last night, I officially tried to take my life for the first time. Tons of sleeping pills and then did whatever it took to go to sleep. My boyfriend's phone call is what woke me up and thank god. I'm so afraid.

What are you afraid of? There is nothing to be afraid of. GirlyMan was also suicidal at the age of 17 and they stabilized my worthless ass with lithium. You ain't alone. ... And if you really want to off yourself properly you should spend some time studying how to do it properly. Girly found the very act of researching the subject very therapeutic.
Don't try that shit again Sarah. Girly'll kick your ass if you do. See a shrink now. Attempted suicide means shrink, not psychologist, not therapist, not social worker, not counselor. It means psychiatrist. Girly speaks of which he knows. Hell, they kept a nihilistic Girly alive, they oughtta be able to help you. ... Good luck Sarah and know that there are people who care about you.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-02-2013, 12:35 PM
The depression is back about 3 times harder now.
-an ex-boyfriend and his girlfriend are harassing me at school
-I'm on the verge of being dumped
-my parents hate me
-and I've been throwing up randomly lately and it's beginning to scare me

I didn't go to the hospital like you guys told me to because honestly, I don't care anymore.
Live or die
Whatever happens
happens.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Sad

Please go to hospital... or see a doc at least. This is heavy stuff Legend. If you've injured yourself... look, you deserve a happy life, you just need to get away from these people who abuse you. You seem a bit... up and down - possibly bipolar ? My sister was similar - one moment crazy happy, the next, utterly desolate...

This is not your fault, why should you die for what others have done to you ? *Fight*... as one of my favourite poets says

Do not go gentle into that good night
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Actually I lie, I like this particular poem and he is possibly very talented but I have a friend who's descended from some toff who knew 'im, and apparently he was a bit of a shit. So he's demoted to ok. I thought it was written by the I Claudius guy, Robert Graves, who is a hero, but it was written by Dylan Thomas, who was an apparent shit...

But yeah... you can't just accept this. Don't take it lying down. You are good and kind and nice, you deserve to win. *You* can be strong enough. After all, you've got nothing to lose - so go do something that scares you, go *tell* someone about it, someone who can help, go see a doc, *tell* them. After all, you are prepared to die, so being scared of stuff doesn't make much sense does it ? *Live* !
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-02-2013, 02:45 PM
If that's how you really feel Sarah call a suicide hotline. They can offer help. A lot of people here have offered support and advice, you need to take some of their suggestions and put them to good use. You quit counseling, you won't go to a doctor...what more can we offer?

If you are this upset and depressed you really need to seek professional help...this has been said many times here.

Suicide is a permanent solution to what is usually a temporary problem...there's no do-overs.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
20-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Ive been having a look around and saw this place.

http://www.suicideforum.com/forum.php

It has a lot of people going through the stuff you are Sarah. Im not saying stop talking to us, have a look, see what you think.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
20-02-2013, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 08:15 PM by Hughsie.)
(20-02-2013 04:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Content Removed

If accurate, MuffinHead, not helpful. If not accurate, counterproductive and potentially harmful. The fuck's wrong with you MuffinTop.

Guess I'll share what Girly did. Think I already have around here somewhere. Content Removed Whenever I feel the need, I get out the props and just stare at them. “Nothing focuses the mind like a hanging.” - Samuel Johnson. Used to keep the props in my bedroom and gaze into the abyss regularly. I find it therapeutic. Moved the props to the basement years ago now. Haven't felt the need for them for awhile now but just knowing I have them on hand I find reassuring. ... Reminds me I should probably check the tank's pressure level. Might as well have another gaze while I'm at it.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-02-2013, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 08:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-02-2013 07:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The fuck is wrong with me? What the fuck is wrong with you'll.

I'm trying to help, you'll are just telling her what she wants to hear.

You're trying to help?!?!?! A completely unqualified 20-something barely older than she is suggesting a diagnosis of Münchausen syndrome is not only not helpful, it could be motherfucking harmful. Quit trying to help. Goddam idiot. You ain't motherfucking qualified to speak on this so just shut the fuck up. Girly's not diagnosing shit 'cause I know I ain't qualified, but I am qualified to describe my own similar experiences in the off chance it might help someone. Fucking earmuffs.

(20-02-2013 07:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  C'mon Girly, I love ya but your "advice" is probably not the best especially when dealing with a 16 or nearly 16 year old with obvious issues.

Suggesting a medical condition that causes a person to continually seek attention is a bit less dangerous than offering a guide to the means of ending your life.

If the person is actually looking to off themselves it most certainly fucking ain't less dangerous, Anjele, it's far more dangerous. I am certain of that. I told Sarah to see a shrink. The rest of my discourse is just describing how I pulled myself out of the abyss. Your mileage most assuredly will vary.

[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-02-2013, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 08:12 PM by Hughsie.)
(20-02-2013 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 07:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The fuck is wrong with me? What the fuck is wrong with you'll.

I'm trying to help, you'll are just telling her what she wants to hear.

You're trying to help?!?!?! A completely unqualified 20-something barely older than she is suggesting a diagnosis of Münchausen syndrome is not only not helpful, it could be motherfucking harmful. Quit trying to help. Goddam idiot. You ain't motherfucking qualified to speak on this so just shut the fuck up. Girly's not diagnosing shit 'cause I know I ain't qualified, but I am qualified to describe my own similar experiences in the off chance it might help someone. Fucking earmuffs.
Your own similar experiences? what about my experiences Girly? Am I not qualified to give adviced based off my experiences because I'm 20-something? You think I don't know what it's like to have depression? to want to kill myself? You don't think I've been on the ledge? I've been on the ledge 3 times, literally.
I'm a 20-something year old gay guy with no friends or future prospects, I have been profoundly depressed for the last 5 years. When you have depression, real depression, it effects you mentally as well as physically. It's phyisically hard to get out of bed. Every day is a challenge. You don't seek help out of.. I dunno embarrisment maybe, fear of asking for help? Content Removed

Pfft tell me I don't know shit.. I sure as fuck know more about it then you you fat old fuck.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
20-02-2013, 08:07 PM
(20-02-2013 08:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're trying to help?!?!?! A completely unqualified 20-something barely older than she is suggesting a diagnosis of Münchausen syndrome is not only not helpful, it could be motherfucking harmful. Quit trying to help. Goddam idiot. You ain't motherfucking qualified to speak on this so just shut the fuck up. Girly's not diagnosing shit 'cause I know I ain't qualified, but I am qualified to describe my own similar experiences in the off chance it might help someone. Fucking earmuffs.
Your own similar experiences? what about my experiences Girly? Am I not qualified to give adviced based off my experiences because I'm 20-something? You think I don't know what it's like to have depression? to want to kill myself? You don't think I've been on the ledge? I've been on the ledge 3 times, literally.
I'm a 20-something year old gay guy with no friends or future prospects, I have been profoundly depressed for the last 5 years. When you have depression, real depression, it effects you mentally as well as physically. It's phyisically hard to get out of bed. Every day is a challenge. You don't seek help out of.. I dunno embarrisment maybe, fear of asking for help? You sure as fuck don't go around annoyancing to the world that you are a little upset and like to cut yourself. It's very personal. She doesn't have depression Girly, she doesn't want to kill herself not really or she wouldn't be annoyancing it to the world, sure as fuck not to people that can actually help (I understand KC and Hughsie have connections). There IS something wrong with her but it's nor depression or suicidal.

Pfft tell me I don't know shit.. I sure as fuck know more about it then you you fat old fuck.

Please take this shit to a new thread. Not here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-02-2013, 08:08 PM
This thread has been temporarily closed. I will re-open it in a few hours when people have had time to chill the fuck out and think a little bit more clearly about what is and isn't constructive.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.