Self-Harm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2013, 09:36 PM
RE: Self-Harm
Thread re-opened.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2013, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 10:36 PM by Buddy Christ.)
I hit rock bottom a few times when I was younger. Not for any external reason, just that your body's chemicals are a bitch in your youth. But I got to that stage where I really didn't care if I lived or died. I figured I had two options:

1. Do it. Check out early. It's ultimately your life and if you set your mind to it, no amount of counseling, hotlines, or friendly advice can convince you otherwise. People will hate me for saying that but it's true. But once you do it, that's it. You only get a brief moment on this planet and you're choosing to waste yours. If the suicide is meant to be a statement, it won't work. I've had 2 friends kill themselves. It was hard on everyone for about 3 months. Now it's business as usual. People forget, they move on. They occasionally do a shot, light a candle, or post on facebook for you, but your statement will go unrecognized. If it's pain and misery related, realize that you may be forfeiting your only life when you had the power to change. If the pain is internal, there are ways of changing the chemicals in your body, be it finding a hobby, finding inner peace, or finding an appropriate prescription medication. No one is beyond fixing. If it's external, change the things affecting you. Change locations. Change friends. Ignore family. Get rid of the negative factor.

Now we come to your other choice.

2. Don't do it. If you decide that you aren't going to kill yourself, then you must also make the decision to stop thinking about it. Making the choice removes any reason to keep dwelling on it. Thinking about ending it all day long is depressing in itself. Now that you've decided not to do it, realize what I realized. This could be a great moment in your life, a defining moment. You no longer have any fear of death. You've stared it in the face and walked away. Take that suicidal, no fear of death mentality and apply it to life. You can do anything now. Most people are crippled by fear, resulting in boring, uninteresting lives. You are unbound. Move wherever you want, do whatever you want. In my case, I took my apathy towards death and joined the most dangerous profession I could think of - a combat MOS in the army. After hearing bullets fly past my ear (realizing that someone just tried to kill you and missed... you were in his rifle sights... is also quite liberating) and surviving countless IEDs, I really stopped caring about death. I mocked death. I openly laughed at it. I dared someone to kill me. Then you come home and see people cowering, unwilling to change or take any risks. Pretending that death will never come for them. Fuck death. Stay an inch out of his reach, laughing at him. Enjoy every second he fails to catch you.

The choice is yours, but know that surviving this moment of weakness ultimately makes you fearless.

"It is only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 5 users Like Buddy Christ's post
20-02-2013, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2013 07:35 AM by Hughsie.)
(20-02-2013 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Guess I'll share what Girly did. Think I already have around here somewhere. Content Removed Whenever I feel the need, I get out the props and just stare at them. “Nothing focuses the mind like a hanging.” - Samuel Johnson. Used to keep the props in my bedroom and gaze into the abyss regularly. I find it therapeutic. Moved the props to the basement years ago now. Haven't felt the need for them for awhile now but just knowing I have them on hand I find reassuring. ... Reminds me I should probably check the tank's pressure level. Might as well have another gaze while I'm at it.

Dunno what that "content removed" bullshit is all about. Some mod scared shitless is all I can think.

This is not my signature.
21-02-2013, 05:10 AM
Last night I had a dream that I tried hanging myself in front of my boyfriend. He just stood stood there and cried and then I kicked the chair away.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2013, 08:43 AM
(21-02-2013 05:10 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  Last night I had a dream that I tried hanging myself in front of my boyfriend. He just stood stood there and cried and then I kicked the chair away.

Dreams don't mean anything... I had a dream last night that I recruited a bunch of Smurfs to help me start a record label. Tongue

Oh, and nice censoring, guys. Wink

[Image: opforum1.png]
21-02-2013, 08:53 AM
(21-02-2013 08:43 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(21-02-2013 05:10 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  Last night I had a dream that I tried hanging myself in front of my boyfriend. He just stood stood there and cried and then I kicked the chair away.

Dreams don't mean anything... I had a dream last night that I recruited a bunch of Smurfs to help me start a record label. Tongue

Oh, and nice censoring, guys. Wink
It's called "Moderating". There are rules for this sub-forum. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2013, 08:55 AM
What was the record label called ?

We take our <content removed> seriously here at the bureau of <content removed>. We don't want to give people the feeling of <content removed>, it's just fun fun fun here at the People's Republic of <content removed>.

Legend... please don't suicide...
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
21-02-2013, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2013 09:19 AM by Dom.)
(21-02-2013 08:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  What was the record label called ?

We take our <content removed> seriously here at the bureau of <content removed>. We don't want to give people the feeling of <content removed>, it's just fun fun fun here at the People's Republic of <content removed>.

Legend... please don't suicide...

Legend, you are too young for this shit.
I would have killed myself, if I could have figured out how, when my first boy friend dumped me when I was 16. What a waste that would have been, I have had such an interesting and fascinating life!
All the things that bother you now - believe me that you will actually not even remember them. You'll remember that you toyed with the thought and shake your head.
Suicide is for the old whose bodies and minds are giving out and for whom there is no way of returning to a normal life.
You know you just need to change things. Change is only scary until you do it. Once you start changing whatever is bugging you , one thing leads to another and all of a sudden your life is fresh and new and enjoyable.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
21-02-2013, 10:59 AM
I dreamt that my family at last had a nice house to live in instead of apartments and a slum. Dammit, I didn't want to get up! >:|
22-02-2013, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 04:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-02-2013 09:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  I would have killed myself, if I could have figured out how, when my first boy friend dumped me when I was 16.
Nobody needs help figuring out how to off themselves on the spur of the moment if a gun or pills (tylenol is readily available) or even shoelaces are at hand. It's motherfucking obvious. I can only conclude that you mean if you could've figured out how to do it properly. If you had, I don't think you would've done it, Dom. The mere act of constructing my own gallows has provided me with a lasting clarity which has continued to save my worthless ass for decades. Takes some time and effort and a little bit of money, some engineering skill, and when you're done it's a goddam thing of beauty you want to treasure for a few decades before employing.

(21-02-2013 09:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  Suicide is for the old whose bodies and minds are giving out and for whom there is no way of returning to a normal life.
And contemplation of it is for the young. The thing is, it should be seriously contemplated first. It should never be done on the spur of the moment. I was contemplating it at every stage of production. Spur of the moment decisions result in the waste of a beautiful life.

(21-02-2013 08:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-02-2013 08:43 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Oh, and nice censoring, guys. Wink
It's called "Moderating". There are rules for this sub-forum. Drinking Beverage
Not sure what the value is of censuring shit readily available from a simple google search is. Guess serious contemplation requires finding the right keywords on your own. ... I got a serious issue with censorship in general, ain't got no problem with this particular one though.

This is not my signature.