Self-Harm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2013, 10:15 AM
RE: Self-Harm
I asked my dad about if he filed against the couselor, and he told me no. He said he couldn't... Because he had been paying Mr. Thorn extra to tell them whatever I said.

Is that even legal?

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2013, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 10:24 AM by Vosur.)
(26-02-2013 10:15 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  I asked my dad about if he filed against the couselor, and he told me no. He said he couldn't... Because he had been paying Mr. Thorn extra to tell them whatever I said.

Is that even legal?

Wikipedia Wrote:The ethical principle of confidentiality requires that information shared by the client with the therapist in the course of treatment is not shared with others. This is important for the therapeutic alliance, as it promotes an environment of trust. There are important exceptions to confidentiality, namely where it conflicts with the clinician's duty to warn or duty to protect. This includes instances of suicidal behavior or homicidal plans, child abuse, elder abuse and dependent adult abuse.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidentia...psychology

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
26-02-2013, 10:22 AM
So then what do I do? Just ignore it all and act as if it never happened?

bemore

26-02-2013, 11:02 AM
(26-02-2013 10:22 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  So then what do I do? Just ignore it all and act as if it never happened?
You could sue this counselor if you have stalwart evidence to support your claim.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
26-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Is Mr. Thorn a licensed/certified therapist?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-02-2013, 12:12 PM
(26-02-2013 11:28 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Is Mr. Thorn a licensed/certified therapist?
Yes.

bemore

26-02-2013, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 03:38 PM by Anjele.)
If he is licensed he could be in a lot of trouble for taking money to break confidentiality.
Originally, I was thinking that maybe since you are a minor your parents had certain rights, but if your father states he paid for information then they weren't in a position to have your converstaions with the counselor shared.
If things are so goofed up that you have been abused by a counselor that was taking bribes from your father...maybe you should just go to the police. Surely some sort of child protective services would have to get involved.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-02-2013, 09:14 PM
(26-02-2013 10:22 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  So then what do I do? Just ignore it all and act as if it never happened?

Fuck 'em, Linkster, you keep your ass alive just like GirlyMan does, those extracurricular bitches don't mean dick.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
26-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Legend,
Divert your mind from the cycle of sad thoughts. It may sound cheesy but it can actually help if you do some simple things to change your thinking, even if it's just for a short time. Watch some comedy movies that you like. Listen to some silly upbeat music while singing into your hairbrush.
Do you have any hobbies? Do you have pets? Is there something you would like to do like some kind of art or sewing?
Find something to occupy your mind and your time. When you feel yourself sinking back into sad thoughts give yourself a time limit. Say you will give yourself ten minutes to dwell on it and then do something else.
Self-help books may help but you still have to help yourself.
Keep looking for help...a friend's mother, anyone you can talk to that you trust. If you keep working to help yourself, you will find the help you need.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-02-2013, 11:08 PM
(26-02-2013 10:15 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  I asked my dad about if he filed against the couselor, and he told me no. He said he couldn't... Because he had been paying Mr. Thorn extra to tell them whatever I said.

Is that even legal?

Angry Your Dad is one fucked up asshole. You go around blaming yourself for shit when he pulls this kinda stunt ? Mr Thorn's a dick too.