Self-Harm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2013, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 12:41 PM by legendoflink.)
Exclamation Self-Harm
I'm not sure if there is already a thread for this and if there is I apologize.
So in the past I have had mild self-harm problems (mainly just cutting). Due to current events, it has come back.. but worse this time, way worse. It takes a lot of courage for me to post this, courage that I didn't think that I had. Lately I've felt worthless, helpless, and somewhat alone. I feel as if nothing could help me get better. I've been cutting worse than last time, drinking, smoking, starving myself, and yesterday I caught myself actually writing a suicide note.. I'm terrified.

I guess what I'm posting this for is, I need help you guys. If you can give me any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Please don't say "well just stop doing it" because honestly, it isn't that easy. By god I wish it was. Please help me. Please.

-Sarah.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 12:28 PM
RE: Self-Harm
(03-01-2013 12:21 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  I'm not sure if there is already a thread for this and if there is I apologize.
So in the past I have had mild self-harm problems (mainly just cutting). Due to current events, it has come back.. but worse this time, way worse. It takes a lot of courage for me to post this, courage that I didn't think that I had. Lately I've felt worthless, helpless, and somewhat alone. I feel as if nothing could help me get better. I've been cutting worse than last time, drinking, smoking, starving myself, and yesterday I caught myself actually writing a suicide note.. I'm terrified.

I guess what I'm posting this for is, I need help you guys. If you can give me any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Please don't say "well just stop doing it" because honestly, it isn't that easy. By god I wish it was. Please help me. Please.

-Sarah.

You must contact a therapist. You must.

We can support you, but we can't really help you. See a therapist immediately.

Your Uncle Charles has spoken.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 18 users Like Chas's post
03-01-2013, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 12:41 PM by legendoflink.)
(03-01-2013 12:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  You must contact a therapist. You must.

I'm in the process of scheduling an appointment with one, but I've tried it in the past (when it wasn't even this bad) and it honestly didn't help at all. I get frustrated with them and end up just tuning them out.

bemore

03-01-2013, 12:33 PM
I think you need to go and see a doctor and explain to them what you are going through Sarah. I remember reading your previous posts and I understand you dont get much support from your parents so I dont know how that would work out, if you could go to a doctor without your parents know how?

EDIT: Uncle Chas beat me to it, please listen to him.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
03-01-2013, 12:36 PM
(03-01-2013 12:31 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  

I'm in the process of scheduling an appointment with one, but I've tried it in the past (when it wasn't even this bad) and it honestly didn't help at all. I get frustrated with them and end up just tuning them out.
Do you know what frustrates you with them? Is it like they dont understand or something else?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
03-01-2013, 12:36 PM
(03-01-2013 12:31 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  

I have seen good therapists and not-so-good. And one terrible one.

Keep trying. You will find one to connect with. Most likely a woman.

Please, please, please keep trying.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-01-2013, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 12:42 PM by legendoflink.)
See the thing is:
Something inside of me feels the need to push away those who try and help me. So what I think is going to have to happen is I'm going to have to find something to do to help myself.

Like one of my friends used to cut and it got so bad that she began to pour lemon juice on fresh cuts, just so that the pain from the sting would deter her from cutting. I don't know what to do, but yeah I'm going to also try a doctor.

bemore

03-01-2013, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 12:42 PM by legendoflink.)
I feel like other people honestly don't understand. The females are usually the ones that severely piss me off (I hate women).

bemore

03-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Since you're posting here then it's clear you want help. If you want help, then it's in your best interest not to tune out the professional helpers (therapists) who are trying to help you. If they are frustrating you then talk to them about your frustrations and they'll work on that, too.

Chas was right, it's the only way to really get the help you want, but it's a two-way street; you can't just show up and expect them to hand you a cure. You have to work with them, listen, work together, and not tune out. You have to be part of the process.

IF you really want help and you know this, then they will really help.

My daughter was a cutter. Her therapist helped immensely.

I wish you all the best.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
03-01-2013, 12:41 PM
(03-01-2013 12:39 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  My daughter was a cutter. Her therapist helped immensely.

May I ask you what they told her to do?
I mean did they simply just talk to her?

bemore