Self-Harm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 12:57 PM
RE: Self-Harm
(07-01-2013 12:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  I suggest urge you to go to the police.
So many things go along with reporting it..
I'd rather just fix myself and move out as soon as I get the chance.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 01:03 PM
(07-01-2013 12:48 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  I need help.
I wish that my parents could see that..
Sounds like they (or somebody else in your family) is the reason why you need help.

Chas is right and the therapist may do something about it, but if you're really unwilling to go to the authorities for help, can you in the meantime do something to avoid it? Like, is there a trigger for people to do this to you? If there is, try doing everything possible not to give them any reason to do it. It's a temporary solution and not a good one, but it's better than nothing.

But really, try to find someone who can help and protect you. In real life. Also, never ever blame yourself for this. No matter what the situation is, it's not your fault and you do not deserve it.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
07-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Sad Shit. This...

Get out if you can. Please.

Do you have relatives or a friend you could move in with ? Contact a social worker or something ? I don't know Sad I can't think straight now. It's easy to say 'do this' over the net when it's not *my* life... just know that many of us will be thinking of you.

Remember, it's not *you*, it's the abuser who is evil. Also if your parents knowingly participated in this or allowed it to happen they are party to it - there is *no* reason to protect them or anyone else connected.

This is a very scary thing for you. I think my best advice is what Chas says, *please* consider going to the police.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Well, tomorrow is the big day with the therapist. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous and a bit uneasy about it.
But I want help so I have to do something about it.
UGH I JUST WANT TO CRY

bemore

09-01-2013, 12:29 PM
(09-01-2013 12:21 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  Well, tomorrow is the big day with the therapist. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous and a bit uneasy about it.
But I want help so I have to do something about it.
UGH I JUST WANT TO CRY
Say all of those words to the therapist. Yes

Hug

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Then go ahead and cry. Crying is therapeutic; it won't fix the problems, but it has a strange ability to help us cope a little better. I'm sorry you're in such a bad place right now and I'm glad tomorrow is the big day.

Just remember, it won't happen overnight so don't expect instant success. Tomorrow is just the beginning. But the good news is that things can get a lot better very quickly and it's all worth it. And also remember that you have a big part to play. The therapist can't wave a magic wand and fix things but he or she can tell you how to fix things - the main fixing effort is still yours so be prepared to listen and follow the advice.

I'm happy for you. Things are about to get much better.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
09-01-2013, 12:54 PM
I really hope that Mrs. Dutch can help me.
Because I really need the help.

bemore

[+] 2 users Like legendoflink's post
09-01-2013, 02:36 PM
(09-01-2013 12:54 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  I really hope that Mrs. Dutch can help me.
Because I really need the help.
It might be quite hard to open up, but *try* to, OK ? Docs and therapists have to work with what people tell them and it's a difficult thing to do right, so to have the best chance they need the best info. I know you've got a couple of reservations, especially about possible consequences should the therapist be legally required e.g. to report abuse, but please try to tell everything as you see it. So, the suicidal thoughts, the feelings of worthlessness, and the emotional and physical abuse. Remember, the abuser does not deserve protection from you. They may have told you any number of reasons to justify hurting you, but that's *crap*. Pure evil.

Best of luck Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Hey, girl, I'm pullin' for ya'! Thumbsup

Coffeedrinker Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
10-01-2013, 05:04 PM
(03-01-2013 12:31 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 12:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  You must contact a therapist. You must.
We can support you, but we can't really help you. See a therapist immediately.
Your Uncle Charles has spoken.

I'm in the process of scheduling an appointment with one, but I've tried it in the past (when it wasn't even this bad) and it honestly didn't help at all. I get frustrated with them and end up just tuning them out.
A therapist provides you with the tools and know-how. You must want to get better. I have gone through two therapists, Sarah, and I can tell you that nothing will change unless you really want it to. If you do, then the next obstacle comes the identification. You must be completely open with your therapist. I told mine all the dark thoughts I had concerning my life and everyone around me, but I had confidence that my therapist would not tell any of them to anyone (and they won't).

So, I think those two are required for true improvement. I hope you do get helped, I really do.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post