Self-Harm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: Self-Harm
Wow, all of this is reminding me of my first therapist. This is the first post I have actually shed a tear.

I hope your therapist helps you, Sarah.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
10-01-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting the update; I can't wait to hear how it went...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
10-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Re: Self-Harm
I don't you you personally...but as someone who can relate very closely to your story I do hope that speaking to someone helps you.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
10-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Seek therapy, a support group (friends, family, etc), and an outlet (reading, drawing, positive music, etc). I went through pretty bad bout of depression, so I can relate to your thoughts/ feelings, but obviously not the cause.

You may or may not need medication, that's
up to ypur therapist, but hppefully you can beat this thing without.
11-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Yesterday, I went to visit Mrs. Dutch as planned.
She wasn't there, so she had Mr. Thorn fill in for her.
Honestly, with her not even showing up the first day, it frustrated me.
Though I have had male counselors in the past, I didn't feel comfortable talking to one.
I was quiet through most of the conversations, definitely when he had asked me straight-up about my sex life. I had admitted to him that I am extremely terrified of men. I've had past experiences with men that have honestly scarred me. After that conversation of telling him about my first "sex" experience, I broke down.
I told him just about everything (everything that wouldn't require legal actions).
I felt a bit better until I got home.

I checked my Facebook only to hear that rumors are being spread about me, around the school.
That I had sex with "Bob".
They continued on to tell me that a lot of people are convinced that I'm a whore and others have been telling my boyfriend that I've been cheating.
I cut.
A lot.
I didn't know what else to do.

But I go back to see the counselor next Thursday..
and this time I'm requesting Mr. Thorn.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like legendoflink's post
11-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Good.
Heart

I could say more, but I just think it's good that you've made this commitment. You are strong for being able to accept help ... most especially from someone who may have been the very thing to scare you off - a male.

Stay with it Sarah, you've got a ways to go, but you have proved yourself strong. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
11-01-2013, 12:29 PM
(11-01-2013 12:20 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  I checked my Facebook only to hear that rumors are being spread about me, around the school.
That I had sex with "Bob".
They continued on to tell me that a lot of people are convinced that I'm a whore and others have been telling my boyfriend that I've been cheating.
I cut.
A lot.
I didn't know what else to do.

That shit? I can't stress this enough...

DUMP FACEBOOK AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE ON IT.

Your new friends will be Mr Thorn.... and YOU. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-01-2013, 12:30 PM
I will admit, accepting the help from a male was extremely difficult.
I felt like he was either going to hit me or touch me disrespectfully.
Men honestly scare the shit out of me.

But thank you for having hope in me.

bemore

11-01-2013, 12:30 PM
(11-01-2013 12:29 PM)kim Wrote:  That shit? I can't stress this enough...

DUMP FACEBOOK AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE ON IT.

Your new friend will be Mr Thorn. Thumbsup
The thing is, I don't have a phone. So the people that I do want to talk, that is my only method of communication.

bemore

11-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Proud of you Smile You're working on it. You coulda been scared off but you didn't run. Facing your fears... it's really really hard. You made a good start. Sad to hear you cut again, but overall I think it sounds like you made a positive step. All life is, is one step after another. Step 2 could be to learn that the opinion of assholes is not worth taking notice of. Anyone who thinks you're a slut or whore or whatever - who *cares* about them ? They're just idiots who get their kicks out of being nasty to other people. A *real* worthwhile human being builds others up, they don't tear them down.

On that note, don't forget or get complacent about those abusers. I really hope that sooner or later you'll find courage to tell either the police or your therapist, because they're evil and you're in danger from them. Imma nag you about that Wink
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post