Self-Harm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 12:17 AM
RE: Self-Harm
I cant understand why your dad would pay the counsellor unless he himself was worried about what you would say? How do you even know your dad is telling the truth about paying him? From what little I know you cant just become a counsellor (it may be different in the states) so after probably spending a few years studying and learning everything, including patient confidentiality he is willing to throw all that away by taking a bung(bribe) off you dad?

Not impossible......but something isn't right, something just doesn't add up Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
27-02-2013, 10:12 AM
(26-02-2013 10:22 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  So then what do I do? Just ignore it all and act as if it never happened?
Ask the counsellor if that is true, and how much of your session is confidential. What organization does this councillor work for? You could ask his or her superiors or colleagues what the policy is for confidentiality.

Maybe your dad is saying that to hold you accountable so that you'll confess to him because "he already knows". Get more sides from the story. Let your councillor know what your dad is saying. Everyone should be on the same page with what they know.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
18-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Check out the thread http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ues-Update for more information on my self-harm/family troubles.
I won't be posting on this thread anymore and will revert to the one linked instead.
Thank you and I love everyone who is helping me through all of my tough times.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post